• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Offer Cash & Carry Items at a Fall Festival?

In summary, the conversation is about whether or not to purchase a special item at a discounted price to have in stock for future events and as incentives for bookings. The group consensus is to purchase the item and use it for various purposes such as giveaways, raffles, and donations. It is also suggested to ask the host's permission first and offer an alternative item or use it as a contest or incentive for top hostesses. Overall, the group agrees to get the special item and use it for various promotional purposes.
PCSarahjm
I have had hostess that do not want the special....Should I purchase the special at the discount price to have in stock or just let it go?? I am setting up at a Fall Festival in Sept. and thought it would be nice to have a few things there as Cash and Carry items. Do most of you take advantage of this or not? Thanks

With the popularity of the Salad Spinner and the Salad Chopper, I say go for it. You could also use one as an incentive to get bookings (hold a $500 show in August and be entered to win this...).

I would purchase it. I do that a lot. Or I call my "good" customer that I know may want the procuct and they purchase it under the host name. I hate to see a host special go to waste.

I always ask the host's permission first. If she is a good friend or customer, I offer to buy her something else at the same price in exchange. If you do any fairs, fundraisers, booths, etc. these items make great "raffles" to draw interest! You can also offer the extra item to your top host for the month in your newsletter. When business is slow I sometimes do this as a contest for the highest hostess total for 2-3 months - say the 3 months of summer, or the 1st three months of the year. I have also put 2-3 items together in a basket and sell "opportunities" to win the basket in exchange for $3.00 minimum donations for the "Relay for Life" team I participate in every year.

Last edited:
Definitely get it!! :D

I do it all the time. It's nice at open houses or fairs for people to be able to walk away with something. I also use it as incentives as well. It's also good for donating in a basket for silent auctions too.

I vote get it as well!

As Ann would say.... Do It, Do It, Dooooooo It!

<giggle> I was a little sleep-deprived at Conference. :)

I agree get it!

1. Should I offer cash & carry items at a fall festival?

Yes, offering cash & carry items at a fall festival can be a great way to increase sales and attract customers who are looking for quick and easy purchases. It also allows customers to take home their purchases immediately, without having to wait for shipping.

2. What types of cash & carry items should I offer at a fall festival?

You should offer a variety of items that are easy to transport and can be used during the fall season, such as baking tools, kitchen gadgets, and seasonal decorations. It's also a good idea to have some lower-priced items available for impulse purchases.

3. How should I price my cash & carry items at a fall festival?

When pricing your cash & carry items, consider the cost of materials, your time and labor, and any other expenses. You may also want to research the prices of similar products at other vendors to ensure your prices are competitive. Don't forget to factor in any fees or commissions charged by the festival organizers.

4. Can I offer discounts on cash & carry items at a fall festival?

Yes, offering discounts on cash & carry items can be a great way to entice customers to make a purchase. You can offer discounts on certain items or provide a discount for purchasing multiple items. Just make sure to clearly communicate any discounts or promotions to customers.

5. How should I display my cash & carry items at a fall festival?

It's important to have an eye-catching and organized display for your cash & carry items. Consider using a tablecloth or backdrop with fall-themed colors or designs. Use shelves or baskets to group similar items together and make them easy for customers to browse. You can also add signage or labels to showcase the benefits or uses of each item.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LaLaTheBaker
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Deborah Helser
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Malinda Klein