• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Host a Princess House Party?

In summary, the conversation discusses a friend's Princess House party and whether the host should continue with the party. The Expert summarizer recommends that the host continue with the party, but make a deal with the consultant to steer away from competing products.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I was at a friend's Princess House party a few weeks ago. Had a great time. They actually have really nice stuff. In the "heat of the moment"....we'll say :eek: ...... I said I would have a PH party in February. Now, I am having second thoughts, only because some of their products are comparable to PC (not better, of course! :p ) and am wondering if I made a big mistake by saying I would host.

Any words of advice from my wise Cheffer friends?? :cry: :( :confused:

If I remember from the last time I looked through one of their catalogs (over a year ago), they do have a bunch of items that don't have PC equivalents. You could ask the consultant to focus on those in her demo. I've done that when I've had hosts who were Tupperware reps (even though our tools are superior to theirs, as well).

If you do decide to cancel, do it as soon as possible and tell her the truth. I wish some of the people who seem to like to string me along would just tell me the truth. I don't like calling people all the time just for the fun of it.

I am sort of in the same situation, I booked a jewelry party with my aunt and now I don't know if I want to have the show or not. Not because of conflicts with me but if I ever treated any of my hosts (family or not) the way she has done so far, I'd be out of business. I just cannot get the nerve to put my foot down (I know, I know, see my own advice above). I think it's harder because she's family and I know how my family can be sometimes...

Exchanging shows is always a good idea. I've done show swaps with a Party Lite consultant (I bought more from her than she did from me but it was still worth it.) As time goes on, there is going to be more and more overlap. Any company tends to watch other successful models and tries to incorporate a part of the success model - Tupperware is carrying competitive (and not very good copies, I might add) products are as other lines. Someone at TPC seems to think emphasis on recruiting is a good idea so we're getting pounded with the "Recruit! Recruit! Recruit!" message. :rolleyes:Go ahead with it, but like Ann says, make a deal with the consultant to steer away from competing products.

I did a Tupperware show one time and I asked the consultant to talk about their storage items, not items that PC sold. She was fine with that.

I do not party swap though. I only hold party's for things that I really like.

I agree with Ann and KG. We know how it feels when someone cancels on us, and you don't want her to feel that way. Because you have the show, she will always know you are the Pampered Chef consultant who did a great show for her, and she will be able to refer people to you in the future. It's always good for us to have shows so we know what it feels like to have a show! Next time, go to shows knowing ahead of time that you will not book a show!

Think of it this way, you never know what will happen if you don't try!

I am doing a swap with a Princess House consultant and it's been kind of a crazy deal. She cancelled on me as I was on my way out the door to her house! Then mine, which was an auction party at a hotel, was cancelled due to weather.

At first I was unsure of what I had gotten myself into but the day my PH show was cancelled, I was looking through their catalog and there really is a few things I would like to get. They have a pretty decent host program.

We have both rescheduled for January so we'll see how it works out. I say go for it if you like their stuff!

I never heard of Princess House...I'll have to google it...

Okay, I emailed her back tonight (she contacted me by email yesterday....so I didn't keep her waiting! ;) ) and booked a date in February. It will be fun.

I do like the idea of asking her not to focus so much on PC type products. Is there a nice way to approach this?? I don't want to offend her by asking her to do that.

just pick some products you DO want her to focus on, and let her know those.

Is this the same Princess House that used to sell only crystal? I glanced at their website and it's totally different than the products they used to sell. I still have some of the things I bought (that the kids haven't broken) about 25 years ago. My whole family went nuts for that stuff for awhile. They had really nice products.

It's a free country! CANCEL!

Just kidding........ It is nice to see what other companies do.

Heather

heatherkiss said:
It's a free country! CANCEL!

Just kidding........ It is nice to see what other companies do.

Heather

LOL!! She is a really good consultant. Not pushy and knows her products. Has a great idea too on showing how the host booking benefit works......something to think about for myself.........which, of course, I will share with you guys once I get it done! :)

reba515 said:
just pick some products you DO want her to focus on, and let her know those.

Good point! Thanks. Such a simple concept......why didn't I think of that? :rolleyes:

1. Did I make a big mistake by purchasing this product?

Not necessarily. It is important to remember that everyone's needs and preferences are different. What may not work for one person, may be perfect for another. If you are unhappy with your purchase, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

2. Will I be able to return the product if I don't like it?

Yes, our company offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not happy with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Please refer to our return policy for more information.

3. I'm not satisfied with the quality of the product. Can I get a replacement?

Absolutely. We take pride in the quality of our products and want our customers to be completely satisfied. If you are experiencing any issues with the product, please contact our customer service team for a replacement or refund.

4. I accidentally ordered the wrong product. Can I exchange it for the correct one?

Yes, you can exchange your product for a different one. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with the exchange process. Keep in mind that there may be a price difference between the products.

5. How long will it take for my product to arrive?

The delivery time can vary depending on your location and shipping method. Typically, our standard shipping takes 5-7 business days. If you need your product sooner, we offer expedited shipping options for an additional fee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Amyskitchen2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
PChefPEI