• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

She Keeps Changing the Date!!--Long Vent

In summary, Chris was talking to her hostess about setting up a multi-vendor sale at her home, but was told that she needed to change the date to September 20th. Chris told the hostess that she couldn't do that, and the hostess became angry and started yelling at Chris. Chris told the hostess that she wouldn't be able to come to the sale if it were on September 20th, and the hostess said that she would get back to Chris. Chris has not heard from the hostess since.
pampered.chris
Gold Member
So I have a past hostess who does a multi-vendor sale every year at her home, about 50 people walk through during the day. It isn't the BEST I have ever been too, but it is decent enough.
So she called me a few weeks ago about setting up this year on Sept 27th. Well I have booked NOTHING for any w/ends until after October 6th b/c w/ends will be time with my boyfriend when he gets back from Kuwait. So I say okay. She then calls and wants to push the date to the next w/end. I say again okay and tell her jokingly that she is really cutting into my "family" time w/ my boyfriend and DD (not his but they adore each other). She asked what I meant and I told her he has been deployed and will be home around the 8th of Sept and he and I won't see each other during the week, only on the weekends. She and I chat about it and she seems really understanding right?
Fast forward to Monday night. She calls and MUST change the date to Sept 20th. This is NOT going to work for me. I tell her that there is no way I can do it that date. She FLIPPED OUT!!! Starts yelling at me, asking what is she going to do people expect me to be there. She asks if I can send someone else to sit w/ all of my stuff and do my job from 9am till 4pm. I said I didn't think I knew anyone that would just "give up" their Sat to do this. She then, in a very snotty tone, says and what is so important that you can't be there? I WAS MAD!!:mad: I said to her, first of all I do not think I should have to defend myself for not being available, nor do I think it is right of you to ask me to do so. However, do you recall our converstation a week or so ago when I told you about my BF coming home, she said well yeah, so. I told her his family lives 3 hours away and that is the weekend that he told them we were coming down and his mother told me she is planning a party and can't wait to see us. She said, (are you ready for this?) "What is so important about that?". I hit the roof, and I don't get nasty w/ people ever, but this struck a nerve. I told her that I did not appreciate her attitude and that until she could act like an adult I would not continue this conversation with her. She said, well I didn't mean it like that. I told her that I am sorry that I am putting family first but that is one of the things that I LOVE about my business is I am able to do so. She told me she would get back to me.
I haven't heard from her since...should I call? Or bless and relase?

Geesh!

Bless and release! She sounds like an idiot who doesn't care about anyone but herself...

(Sorry, that sounds really bad, but COME ON...who wouldn't understand why this is so important to you and your BF?!!)

Wow that is really rude of her to act llike that. I would bless and release. It seems that it is her way or no way and I would not want to be any part of that.

On a brighter note, how exciting that your boyfriend is coming home. Have a wonderful time together. How long is he home for and how much longer does he have left?

I agree bless and release! Some people if they haven't gone through something just don't understand. Good for you for standing up and putting family first. I'm so happy your BF is coming home safely. Enjoy your time with him and DD :)

That's awful, Chris! I wouldn't bother thinking about her for one more second!! She obviously could care less about you, and only about herself. She can't possibly expect you to just keep changing your plans at her whim - what a B&%@$!!! Drop her like a HOT potato, girl!! (((HUGS)))!

My BF is in the Air Force Reserves. He was a Marine for 10 years before he joined the Air Force (he has been in with them for 6 now). Being the Air Force Reserves, he is only gone for 4.5 mths (still seems like an eternity) and was deployed on May 2nd. So about 2 weeks from today I will pick him up at the airport!! I can not wait!!

And I guess I should say that I am so lucky that one of my GREAT friends will be at this woman's house selling TS and she'll keep the hostess from bad-mouthing me. AAHHH...lightbulb moment...I wonder if I can ask my TS friend to "man the PC station"???? I could give her some free stuff in exchange?! What do you think?

I know I should just ignore, but everyone I am afraid she'll find another PC consultant and I won't have this. I am the only one within 30 miles of here and this is in my hometown. I dont know. I will pray on it tonight and see what happens.

Just one thought - I had someone ask me to do a FR on the same night I was already booked to do a show, so I set up a table at her house and let the host do the selling. It didn't do very well, mostly b/c I wasn't there to highlight the points about everything.

If your TS friend is able to help and knows your stuff well, then it might be ok. But, it still won't be the same. Still, like you said, it will keep her from getting another consultant, and maybe next year will be better. Good luck and I hope it all works out!

Maybe that will work with the TS lady helping out at your table. This may give the lady a wake-up call that she can't change dates on you 3 times and expect you to keep holding weekends for her! That is very inconsiderate on her part to say the least. Maybe she realized when you told her you wouldn't continue the conversation, she stepped over the line!

I don't know how you are but I let things drive me crazy if I fell things are left on a bad note. I am not saying call her and kiss up but I think I would send a letter or email saying how you feel now. Someone else might have get her upset. But that is just the way I am. But take care of your family and when it is all over she will see that if not than you did all you can do. If you can not do it you can not do it and if everyone is expecting you there than she can direct them to you.

Release, release, release and to heck with the 'bless' part :D

I would NEVER deal with her again if it was me!! Kick her to the curb, or ya I mean bless and release! :)

Well the decision has been made for me. I called her and found out that she found someone else that is going to come and set up for her. Oh well, eh?

Working on the releasing part...forgetting about the blessing part!!

you are one very lucky woman to have her out of your hair.

Related to She Keeps Changing the Date!!--Long Vent

What is "She Keeps Changing the Date!!--Long Vent"?

"She Keeps Changing the Date!!--Long Vent" is a line of products from Pampered Chef that is designed to help you keep track of important dates and events in your life. These products include calendars, planners, and other organizational tools.

How can "She Keeps Changing the Date!!--Long Vent" help me stay organized?

The products in the "She Keeps Changing the Date!!--Long Vent" line are designed to help you keep track of important dates and events in your life. They feature customizable calendars, to-do lists, and other organizational tools to help you stay on top of your schedule.

Are the "She Keeps Changing the Date!!--Long Vent" products easy to use?

Yes, the "She Keeps Changing the Date!!--Long Vent" products are designed to be user-friendly and easy to use. They feature clear instructions and intuitive designs to make organizing your life a breeze.

Can I customize the "She Keeps Changing the Date!!--Long Vent" products?

Yes, the "She Keeps Changing the Date!!--Long Vent" products are highly customizable. You can choose the layout, design, and features that work best for your personal needs and preferences.

Where can I purchase "She Keeps Changing the Date!!--Long Vent" products?

You can purchase "She Keeps Changing the Date!!--Long Vent" products through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. They may also be available at select retail locations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefEileen
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
ChefEileen
  • pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies