• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sending Well-Wishes to Tkg: Keep Him in Your Thoughts Today!

In summary, KG's oral surgery is today and it is extensive. He is currently undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy and will need 10 more dives today. Keep KG in your thoughts today and maybe post something funny to make him laugh when the anesthetic wears off.
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Do you have any idea how soft a donut has to be for someone who could be known as The Toothless Wonder?
I assumed you were dunking it in your coffee. :)
Have a great day, TW!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Ann, you're completely sick.

What flattery!!! I had to clean up what I posted. There was one cartoon of a dentist telling a male patient that there was quite a root on his tooth. He had the tooth in his pliers and a root several feet long...and at the other end were the parts of the male body we are not allowed to show on CS!!!!

Sounds like you are on some serious drugs!!! YIKES!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I understand they have drugs for that now.

Just what you need ... more drugs.

And when I think about it, what a combination that would be.

:blushing:

Sounds like things are progressing as well as can be expected when you're taking some major drugs! Wish I had something witty to share but I'm boring today. By the way, I enjoy reading your blog.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I just woke up a few minutes ago, so I'm in between one Vicodin wearing off and waiting for the next one to kick in.

The surgery went well - I was not out, but between the nitrous oxide and whatever it was they were giving intravenously, Dr. Sweeny could have performed open heart surgery and fixed a hangnail and I never would have known it. Right now, he's keeping me in stitches. (He's very, very good, too.)

However, it hurts a lot more than I thought it would. I don't remember my jaw hurting even this much after Ann punched me out at NC.

Do you want to swap war stories here??? I had mine pulled last week...... I had the stiches taken out this morning only to be told they want to pull five more..... :yuck: I feel your pain KG

I don't know that there's a lot to tell except that won't ever have to worry about going back to have five more pulled. ;) The oncologist that I fired wanted to endentate me before I even started treatments. My second opinion oncologist, who I hired, worked with my dentist to keep about half of my teeth - most were pulled before treatment started.My dentist and I fought the good fight, but we lost. Eventually, what was left had to be pulled (last Tuesday) and the HBOT treatment was prescribed for before, and after, the surgery. (I knew eight years ago that I would need the HBOT, before most anyone else had even heard of it.) I'm a big fan of HBOT - I'm convinced it made the surgery go better and has speeded up healing. I'm also very tired. I'm sleeping alot and almost slept in the tank today. I guess a lot of people can sleep in there, but I can't. But I can sleep in between dives at the clinic. So that's about it.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I don't know that there's a lot to tell except that won't ever have to worry about going back to have five more pulled. ;)

The oncologist that I fired wanted to endentate me before I even started treatments. My second opinion oncologist, who I hired, worked with my dentist to keep about half of my teeth - most were pulled before treatment started.

My dentist and I fought the good fight, but we lost. Eventually, what was left had to be pulled (last Tuesday) and the HBOT treatment was prescribed for before, and after, the surgery. (I knew eight years ago that I would need the HBOT, before most anyone else had even heard of it.) I'm a big fan of HBOT - I'm convinced it made the surgery go better and has speeded up healing.

I'm also very tired. I'm sleeping alot and almost slept in the tank today. I guess a lot of people can sleep in there, but I can't. But I can sleep in between dives at the clinic.

So that's about it.

Well the five more than have to get pulled are all that is left of my real teeth.....:( Sad but true when you have to get ummmmmm yeah you know at the age of 25 :eek: !!!! But am I supposed to look like a hick??:yuck: I hope your on the mend ..... the healing is going good for me..... sounds like it is going pretty good for you........ however I got used to my liquid diet....... :D maybe I should stick with it hehehehe:rolleyes: But I feel your pain when it comes to teeth!!! :yuck:

25 seems awfully young to be endentated - my gosh. Well, we have that in common I suppose. I forgot to mention that my stitches are self-dissolving, so I don't have to worry about them keeping me in stitches, which is okay, since that's what this place does for me. I'm already frustrated with food choices, and I know it's going to be a long time before I can eat real food again. But I think I'd rather make a diet of fruit smoothies and soup and get only one set of choppers that actually fit right than to have several sets of temporaries. The Kat Lady came home from work with a recipe book with 400 soup recipies. Some of them sound interesting, some seem kinda weird. I think I'll have plenty of opportunity to try some of them in the next several weeks. I've already told my SIL, who is a wonderful cook, to be prepared for me to put her always stunning Thanksgiving dinner into a blender so I can eat dinner through a straw. I wonder how it'll be to drink a piece of pecan pie? The worst part, so far, is making sure I enunciate properly when I speak. I'm having trouble, already, with people who misunderstand me. I'm especially frustrated with those who make no effort to even try to understand what I'm trying to tell them. I hope I've not been as intolerant of handicapped people, in my lifetime, as some morons have been of me in the last few days.

Sorry KG ~ I've been away from the board lately...glad to hear you're on the mend. Still sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

In case you've been following along, here's a quick update...I posted this in the HBOT thread, too...I'm on my way into the tank for my 26th dive. I have four more - two on Monday and two on Tuesday, then I'm done. I've got an appointment with the surgeon on Friday to see how things have healed up and I expect to get the go-ahead to go back to work.It's been three days since my surgery and I stopped taking the narc pain killers on Wednesday. I am convinced that the HBOT is speeding my healing and that I am several hours ahead of the normal healing curve.My face still feels like I've been kissed by The Hiawatha but otherwise I'm getting along fine.

KG, if you were here I'd give you a hug, but since you're not, you just have to settle for the cyber version {{{{{{KG}}}}}}.

Sorry people are being so ignorant around you. If it makes you feel any better, your typing is really quite clear :D

This is sort of like child birth. The end result is so incredible that the pain becomes a faint memory ...

I was going to compare this to hemmeroid surgery, but no matter how I worded it, it came out rather poopy.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
In case you've been following along, here's a quick update...I posted this in the HBOT thread, too...I'm on my way into the tank for my 26th dive. I have four more - two on Monday and two on Tuesday, then I'm done. I've got an appointment with the surgeon on Friday to see how things have healed up and I expect to get the go-ahead to go back to work.

It's been three days since my surgery and I stopped taking the narc pain killers on Wednesday. I am convinced that the HBOT is speeding my healing and that I am several hours ahead of the normal healing curve.

My face still feels like I've been kissed by The Hiawatha but otherwise I'm getting along fine.

I am glad that your feeling better!!!!

MomToEli said:
KG, if you were here I'd give you a hug, but since you're not, you just have to settle for the cyber version {{{{{{KG}}}}}}.

Thank you! It's appreciated, and that goes for everyone here.

MomToEli said:
Sorry people are being so ignorant around you. If it makes you feel any better, your typing is really quite clear :D

Well, ith you wandded me to, I could type like I'th been talking oth late. Thome people make no ethert to unnerthand.

MomToEli said:
This is sort of like child birth. The end result is so incredible that the pain becomes a faint memory ...

I have no idea what that's and no desire to find out, either.

MomToEli said:
I was going to compare this to hemmeroid surgery, but no matter how I worded it, it came out rather poopy.

It really doesn't matter any more, because both ends are toothless and result in the use of donuts.

ourmenu_baked.jpg
http://www.posturainfo.com/images/donut.jpg

<h2>1) What is the reason for this thread?</h2><p>The thread is to send well-wishes to KG and to provide a place for him to have a laugh after his oral surgery.</p><h2>2) Who is KG?</h2><p>KG is a member of our community who has been undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy and is having oral surgery today.</p><h2>3) Why is KG undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy?</h2><p>KG is undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy to help with his recovery from his extensive oral surgery.</p><h2>4) What can we do to support KG during this time?</h2><p>We can keep KG in our thoughts and send him well-wishes during his oral surgery and recovery. We can also post something silly in this thread to make him laugh and lift his spirits.</p><h2>5) How long will KG be undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy?</h2><p>KG still has 10 dives left in his hyperbaric oxygen therapy after today's surgery.</p>

1) What is the reason for this thread?

The thread is to send well-wishes to KG and to provide a place for him to have a laugh after his oral surgery.

2) Who is KG?

KG is a member of our community who has been undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy and is having oral surgery today.

3) Why is KG undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy?

KG is undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy to help with his recovery from his extensive oral surgery.

4) What can we do to support KG during this time?

We can keep KG in our thoughts and send him well-wishes during his oral surgery and recovery. We can also post something silly in this thread to make him laugh and lift his spirits.

5) How long will KG be undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy?

KG still has 10 dives left in his hyperbaric oxygen therapy after today's surgery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
katie0128
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rennea
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC