• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sending My Newsletter on Msn -- Problem

M
MandyK
:confused: Okay, I sent 200 email out and then got this messsage when I tried to send out my next round of newsletters:

"Time: 5/1/2007 10:29:06 AM
Error in Mail
You have exceeded the maximum number of e-mail messages you can send in one day."

I have msn -- have any of you experienced this?

Do any of you use a direct mail service like mailchimp or constant contact? If yes, how do you like it?

Oh yes!!!! I have comcast and there's a limit. It's SO frustrating! I have to send them in groups and when I reach the limit, I keep track of how far I got down on my group list and just resume the next day. It's a PAIN!!! Sometimes it's a full 24 hours before I can do it again. There is a way to get a "business" account through comast, but you have to pay extra for that and other features. So I'll just keep doing it this way and see how it goes. I've also contemplated looking into Constant Contact, but not sure I want to invest that $$ every month.

pamperedbecky said:
Oh yes!!!! I have comcast and there's a limit. It's SO frustrating! I have to send them in groups and when I reach the limit, I keep track of how far I got down on my group list and just resume the next day. It's a PAIN!!! Sometimes it's a full 24 hours before I can do it again. There is a way to get a "business" account through comast, but you have to pay extra for that and other features. So I'll just keep doing it this way and see how it goes. I've also contemplated looking into Constant Contact, but not sure I want to invest that $$ every month.

Becky, I have comcast too - what is the limit? My list gets longer each month, and I would be interested to know when this may kick in for me!

ChefBeckyD said:
Becky, I have comcast too - what is the limit? My list gets longer each month, and I would be interested to know when this may kick in for me!

Me too. . .I haven't had any problems yet and I have a lot of addresses.

I use Gmail for Tasty Tidbits and it limits me to 100 (I think). I usually send out in batches of about 80 addresses, BCC and nothing bounces back. I once tried to send using this utility program that would individually send each one - but I got locked out by gmail for too much server usage. (I have over 500 addresses).

Yahoo has a limit of 100 too, I believe.

You can subscribe to a list management service or use Yahoo groups so that you just send the email one time and it goes out to everyone.

thanks for the advice!

I'm not sure what Comcast's official limit is unfortunately. I have HUNDREDS of emails though. Probably over 1000. It's frustrating! I've had lots for 4 years and some get bounced back to me, but there's no way to see who they belong to because of how I first entered them in my address book backwhen I had AOL. I didn't assign a real name to it, so then when I switched to Comcast, they all had to be entered with "unknown" names if that makes sense. Now I can't go back and weed the ones out that get bounced back. It's a pain because I can be much more efficient if I can send clean email address. Then I'd probably have to send less and wouldn't get cut off by comcast as early.

Hope that all makes sense!

pamperedbecky said:
I'm not sure what Comcast's official limit is unfortunately. I have HUNDREDS of emails though. Probably over 1000. It's frustrating! I've had lots for 4 years and some get bounced back to me, but there's no way to see who they belong to because of how I first entered them in my address book backwhen I had AOL. I didn't assign a real name to it, so then when I switched to Comcast, they all had to be entered with "unknown" names if that makes sense. Now I can't go back and weed the ones out that get bounced back. It's a pain because I can be much more efficient if I can send clean email address. Then I'd probably have to send less and wouldn't get cut off by comcast as early.

Hope that all makes sense!

Becky,

I'm guessing our address book is set up the same. . . When I can't figure out who the address belongs to, I go into the address book and there is a box (just behind where it says "Email storage" and in front of a click on box that says "find address". Type in the suffix of your address (i.e. aol.com. yahoo.com, comcast.net) and it lists all of the addresses that have that suffix. It's a much shorter list so it's a little easier to find the correct address. HTH.

1. Why am I receiving an error message when sending my newsletter on MSN?

The error message you are receiving is due to exceeding the maximum number of emails allowed to be sent in one day. This is a restriction put in place to prevent spam and ensure the proper use of email services.

2. How many emails can I send in one day on MSN?

The maximum number of emails allowed to be sent in one day on MSN varies and is subject to change. It is recommended to check with MSN's terms of service or contact their customer support for the most up-to-date information.

3. Have others experienced this issue with sending newsletters on MSN?

Yes, it is a common issue for users to receive an error message when sending a large number of emails on MSN. This is a precautionary measure to prevent spam and maintain the integrity of their email services.

4. Do I have to use MSN to send newsletters or can I use a direct mail service?

You can use a direct mail service like Mailchimp or Constant Contact to send newsletters instead of using MSN. These services often have higher limits for sending emails and provide other features to manage and track your email campaigns.

5. How do people typically handle this issue with sending newsletters on MSN?

Some people choose to switch to a direct mail service, while others will split their email list into smaller groups and send newsletters over a longer period of time. It is important to follow the guidelines and restrictions set by the email service to avoid any potential issues or penalties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
cochef
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies