• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling PC Online: Tips for Bloggers and Advertising Strategies

um....rules?I think it's fine as long as it's not promoting your company/products too heavily. You can mention your company in a general way if you want, but don't direct people to your website. For example, you could say something like "This is my favorite recipe from my website" or "Here's a link to my website". I think it's fine as long as it's not promoting your company/products too heavily. You can mention your company in a general way if you want, but don't direct people to your website. For example, you could say something like "This is my favorite recipe from my website" or "Here's a link to my website".
NewtoMom
Question about selling online. I’m a blogger and thought about writing about me selling PC and then linking to my PC personal site. Is this something I can do? Or can I advertise on other blogs?

I think it’s ok but I don’t want to do something wrong since I just signed up a week ago. :D

Short answer: No, you are not allowed to do that.

There are detailed rules in the Policy Guide, which is available on Consultants Corner. I recommend going through it, at least skimming, so that you know what's in there.

Like Noora stated. No, we are not allowed to do that. Unfortunately, I have run across a few consultant blogs that do not follow policy.

NewtoMom said:
Question about selling online. I’m a blogger and thought about writing about me selling PC and then linking to my PC personal site. Is this something I can do? Or can I advertise on other blogs?

I think it’s ok but I don’t want to do something wrong since I just signed up a week ago. :D

I would write about your experiences about selling PC. You know stuff about shows you do and when your going to be at a vendor event and such. End the post with something like, "if you would like view my most current newsletter contact me" (most blogs have a way to email you I believe)

Anyone that contacts you forward the current newsletter to them and they can access your website from the newsletter.

There are strict guidelines on your webpage being accessible by linking from another webpage. If you are doing a fundraiser you must get specific permission for your webpage to be directly linked to the organizations webpage.

wcsis said:
I would write about your experiences about selling PC. You know stuff about shows you do and when your going to be at a vendor event and such. End the post with something like, "if you would like view my most current newsletter contact me" (most blogs have a way to email you I believe)

Anyone that contacts you forward the current newsletter to them and they can access your website from the newsletter.

There are strict guidelines on your webpage being accessible by linking from another webpage. If you are doing a fundraiser you must get specific permission for your webpage to be directly linked to the organizations webpage.

Just be careful with this, it's walking a very fine line. You are not allowed to state you are a consultant, and you cannot name the company. If you do talk about being a consultant (without naming the company), if you were to post pictures with our products in them, you would have to cover up the company name on all of them.

The best thing to do is to advertise your company by creating relationships with your customers, working the 3-2-1- plan.

bummer. I was invited to be part of a Mother's Day gift guide which would involve me paying them and they would do a write up of me as being a consultant along with a picture. To be safe, I'm just going to stay away completely. Thanks for the help.

another question. Does that mean I can't write a post stating what the specials are with my email address to contact me with questions? Or is it best to leave my blog out of the whole equation?

NewtoMom said:
another question. Does that mean I can't write a post stating what the specials are with my email address to contact me with questions? Or is it best to leave my blog out of the whole equation?
You can't say anything about being PC, about specials, etc. It would be too cryptic. It really is advised to read the Policy. It spells out those details (and the consequences). Skip over what doesn't apply to you (ie- things pertaining to Directors or upper Level directors, etc). But the policy covers online rules, advertising, articles like what you mentioned (I think if it's PRINT, you are ok, but there are rules if it's online),etc.When you log into CC, on the main page (not the specials grid), you'll see it is the first link under the "Frequently Visited Links" section along the right (under "Consultant Connection".

Got it. Thanks for helping me find it.

What is everyone's thoughts about Pinterest? I know some people have thought Pinterest is another great way to promote their DS business (what's the name of that lady who did our FB training?), but I'm wondering how to do it without breaking any rules. I've seen some consultants put links to their websites in the description of things they pin or in the comments of other people's pins, but doesn't this also violate Pinterest's rules?

babywings76 said:
What is everyone's thoughts about Pinterest? I know some people have thought Pinterest is another great way to promote their DS business (what's the name of that lady who did our FB training?), but I'm wondering how to do it without breaking any rules. I've seen some consultants put links to their websites in the description of things they pin or in the comments of other people's pins, but doesn't this also violate Pinterest's rules?

I am not on Pinterest, but when I was searching for a recipe or something, I came across someone's page titled "I sell Pampered Chef" with photos of the products and pricing:eek::eek:.

I think from a "rules" standpoint, Pinterest would still be out for us. It's not mentioned by PC in the policy- unlike Facebook, Linkedin, etc. which they call out by name. So in my understanding, it would still be off limits. Personally, there is SO MUCH stuff on there, can you really get that much exposure? I was looking at the page yesterday and it's overwhelming the amount of things on that page. I know it probably links up to something else, but still....seems a bit much to me personally. But what do I know. ;)

I have never heard of Pinterest.

esavvymom said:
I think from a "rules" standpoint, Pinterest would still be out for us. It's not mentioned by PC in the policy- unlike Facebook, Linkedin, etc. which they call out by name. So in my understanding, it would still be off limits.

Personally, there is SO MUCH stuff on there, can you really get that much exposure? I was looking at the page yesterday and it's overwhelming the amount of things on that page. I know it probably links up to something else, but still....seems a bit much to me personally. But what do I know. ;)

I would think that Pintrest falls under the category of Social Media sites. It probably isn't in the policy because it wasn't all that big when that portion of the PG was written.

wcsis said:
I have never heard of Pinterest.

I consider it a way to keep track of, and share, your bookmarks in a visual way. You set up categories, and then you "pin" things you find, like blog posts of recipes, and it puts a picture from the page on your Pintrest board.

Or that's how I understand it, I'm not on (yet).

What is "Advertising Online"?

"Advertising Online" refers to the practice of promoting products or services through various digital channels, such as websites, social media, search engines, and mobile apps. It allows businesses to reach a large audience and target specific demographics through targeted ads and campaigns.

What are the benefits of advertising online?

There are numerous benefits to advertising online, including a wider reach, targeting specific audiences, cost-effectiveness, and the ability to track and analyze the success of campaigns. It also allows for more personalized and interactive ads, and the potential for higher conversion rates compared to traditional forms of advertising.

What are some popular platforms for advertising online?

Some popular platforms for advertising online include Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, LinkedIn Ads, and Twitter Ads. Each platform offers different targeting options, pricing models, and ad formats, allowing businesses to choose the best fit for their advertising goals.

How can I create effective online advertisements?

To create effective online advertisements, it is important to target the right audience, use attention-grabbing visuals and copy, and have a clear call-to-action. It is also crucial to continually track and analyze the performance of your ads and make adjustments as needed to optimize their effectiveness.

How much does it cost to advertise online?

The cost of advertising online varies depending on the platform, target audience, and ad format. Some platforms, like Google Ads, use a pay-per-click model, while others, like Facebook Ads, offer various pricing options. It is important to set a budget and carefully monitor the performance of your ads to ensure you are getting a good return on investment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nashaynelson
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • HealthNut
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • marocmama