• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tracking Hits on Your Blog: What Counters and Sites to Use

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of blog counters and stats programs to track the number of visitors and engagement on a blog. Various tools such as StatCounter, Google Analytics, and SiteMeter are mentioned as options for monitoring blog traffic. Some participants also mention the possibility of adding ads to generate income, but express concerns about the appropriateness of advertising on a blog for a specific purpose, such as missionary work.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
For those who blog, do you check hits on it and how do you do that? What counters or sites do you use?

With all the past talk about blogs and many who have them, I just created one for our work at Fort Wilderness. I can sit and type online but there is just something cumbersome about writing a missionary letter, laying it out just right, printing it, folding it, stuffing it, sealing envelopes, addressing them, stamping them and mailing them...I'm exhausted thinking about it.

So, I created a blog and started it to keep people up to date...

But, I'd like to see how many of our supporters (approx.) actually visit and keep up-to-date with it.

I use StatCounter for my Vox blog - StatCounter Free invisible Web tracker, Hit counter and Web stats - there are more robust stats programs out there - Google Analytics for example - but for basic stats, SC works just fine.If you have access to server logs, there are MUCH MORE extensive programs that can parse the server logs - your web host may already have one installed for you - it just depends on where your blog is hosted.

I just did one on Blogspot.

Either Statcounter (linked earlier in thread) or Google Analytics would be ideal then.You can also add Google's ads to your blog, to possibly generate money, if you're so inclined. I haven't do it so I can't help you there, but I know it can be done on blogspot. :)

jenniferp417 said:
Either Statcounter (linked earlier in thread) or Google Analytics would be ideal then.

You can also add Google's ads to your blog, to possibly generate money, if you're so inclined. I haven't do it so I can't help you there, but I know it can be done on blogspot. :)

I saw that but wouldn't do it on one that is for our work at Fort - who knows what may come up in ads and I don't want people bothered by it.

Thanks for the other information - I'll check into the google analytics.

Thanks Ann - I'll check out those too!

What is the purpose of tracking hits on my blog?

The purpose of tracking hits on your blog is to gather information about your website's traffic, such as the number of visitors, page views, and referral sources. This data can help you understand your audience and make improvements to your blog's content and design.

What is a hit counter and how does it work?

A hit counter is a tool that counts and displays the number of times a particular web page has been viewed. It works by using a piece of code that is embedded into the HTML of your blog. Each time a visitor loads your page, the code sends a signal to the hit counter, which then adds one to the total count.

What are some popular hit counter sites to use?

Some popular hit counter sites include Google Analytics, Statcounter, and WordPress Jetpack. These sites offer various features such as real-time tracking, customizable reports, and referral data to help you analyze your blog's traffic.

Do I need to pay for a hit counter?

Many hit counter sites offer free versions with basic features, while others require a paid subscription for advanced analytics. It ultimately depends on your needs and budget. Some blogging platforms also have built-in hit counters that you can use for free.

How often should I check my hit counter?

It is recommended to check your hit counter at least once a week to monitor your blog's traffic and make adjustments accordingly. However, you may also choose to check it more frequently if you are running a promotional campaign or want to track the success of a particular blog post.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefbilyeu
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefbilyeu
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Adrian