• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling Overstock Items at City Garage Sale - Need Advice!

In summary, when pricing overstock items for a city garage sale, consider the original retail price, condition, and demand. Offering a discount of at least 50% off the original price is a good starting point. Selling individually or in bulk depends on the items and demand. To attract buyers, advertise, offer discounts, and display items neatly. Remaining items can be sold online, donated, or saved for a future sale.
Sooner PC
Ok - I wasn't sure where to post this so I will start here.

I cleaned out my PC stuff yesterday and have more than I can say grace over. Most of it is duplicates that I earned as a SS and some I just won't ever use in my kitchen. Our city is having a city wide garage sale in a couple of weeks and I thought selling it there. Can I put that in an add?? I wouldn't be putting my name - just address. I would also have catalogs and things like that for people to order - but if I could sell my overstock - then I could just buy the big sample package and be done with it.

I know I could put the product on here - but then there is shipping and trips to the post office . .

Your suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Sooner PC - I have seen people put ads in the paper saying they had pampered chef items... not sure if you can really do it or not,but check out the policies on CC. I did a garage sale last weekend and had a table set up with a sign to "Register for a free cooking show". after the garage sale I called everyone who signed up and told everyone they had won a free cooking show. :) I believe I got the idea from this site.Monica

What are you selling? I may be interested in a piece or three. :) You can email me at [email protected].

:)

1. What should I consider when pricing my overstock items for a city garage sale?

When pricing your overstock items for a city garage sale, it's important to consider the original retail price, the condition of the item, and the demand for it in the area. You may also want to research similar items being sold at other garage sales in the area to get an idea of the going rate.

2. How much of a discount should I offer on my overstock items at a city garage sale?

The discount you offer on your overstock items will depend on how much you originally paid for them and how much you want to get rid of them. Generally, offering a discount of at least 50% off the original retail price is a good starting point.

3. Is it better to sell my overstock items individually or in bulk at a city garage sale?

This will depend on the types of items you have and the demand for them. If you have a lot of smaller items that are in good condition, selling them individually may be a better option. However, if you have larger items or items that may not be as popular, selling them in bulk at a discounted price may be a better strategy.

4. How can I attract buyers to my overstock items at a city garage sale?

There are a few ways to attract buyers to your overstock items at a city garage sale. You can advertise on social media, put up signs in the neighborhood, and offer discounts or promotions. You can also make your items stand out by displaying them neatly and organizing them into categories.

5. What should I do with my remaining overstock items after the city garage sale?

If you have any remaining overstock items after the city garage sale, you can try selling them online through platforms like eBay or Facebook Marketplace. You can also donate them to a local charity or thrift store. Another option is to save them for a future garage sale or consider selling them at a consignment store.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Candi_f
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Candi_f
  • Candi_f
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Candi_f
  • DebPC