• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeking New Home for Household Items - Garage Sale on Facebook?

In summary, the author is thinking of listing some of her items on Facebook to see if anyone might be interested in them. She doesn't want to offer them to CL folks or eBay, and she wants to make sure that her posts are ok with FB.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I have some items around my house that I would like to get rid of. For some reason it popped into my mind this weekend to post a list on Facebook to see if anyone of my friends could use these items. I don't do garage sales (don't have enough for that) and some of these items probably wouldn't sell very well at a garage sale. I have things like jewelry, wedding thank you cards, movies, games, etc that I know could use a good home and I would love to have the money to put into our savings for our down payment. Would it be tacky if I listed a "garage sale" on my Facebook page? I figured it was worth a shot but thought I would ask what you guys thought.

I don't see why not. Make a note with the list and the prices. Of course, check FB's terms to see if they allow such postings.

Absolutely not tacky! I actually have a plan to do that myself when I get organized. My rationale is that I'd rather some of my friends have what I can't use right now than to offer it to random CL folks or go through the hassle of eBay

yes, you could do that. You could also sell them on Craigslist.

chefann said:
I don't see why not. Make a note with the list and the prices. Of course, check FB's terms to see if they allow such postings.

That was my other thought. I was actually planning on making a photo album with pictures of all the stuff.

You could make it an event. Then you can post the photos in the event. You'll be able to control who sees it etc.

It's not tacky at all. It's a good avenue for a non-garage, non-rummage, virtual tag sale. LOL!

1. What items are typically sold at a garage sale on Facebook?

At a garage sale on Facebook, you can typically find a wide variety of household items such as furniture, kitchenware, electronics, toys, clothing, and home decor.

2. How do I participate in a garage sale on Facebook?

To participate in a garage sale on Facebook, you can either join a pre-existing group or create your own sale event. Joining a group allows you to browse items for sale and contact sellers directly. Creating your own event allows you to post items for sale and manage the sale process.

3. Are there any safety precautions I should take when buying from a garage sale on Facebook?

It is always important to use caution when buying from a garage sale on Facebook. Make sure to meet the seller in a public place, bring a friend or family member with you, and thoroughly inspect the item before making a purchase. It is also recommended to pay with a secure method such as PayPal or through the Facebook Marketplace.

4. What are the benefits of buying from a garage sale on Facebook?

Buying from a garage sale on Facebook can be a great way to find unique items at a lower cost. You can also often negotiate prices with the seller and arrange for local pickup, saving you time and money on shipping.

5. How can I ensure a successful garage sale on Facebook?

To have a successful garage sale on Facebook, make sure to post clear and detailed photos of your items, provide accurate descriptions, and be responsive to potential buyers. It can also be helpful to promote your sale on social media and invite friends to join the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • DebPC
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies