• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeing as Our Thanksgiving Is a Month Ahead of Our Neighbours to the

In summary, the conversation revolved around Thanksgiving dinner preparations, with the individual mentioning their plans for cooking two turkeys - one roasted and one rotisserie - and a homemade dressing recipe. They also discussed using Simple Additions serving pieces and the concern of seating for 36 people. Another person shared their PC recipe for Caramelized Onion & Mushroom Dressing and appetizers.
adventurechef
Seeing as our Thanksgiving is a month ahead of our neighbours to the south, I thought I'd ask if anyone is preparing any PC recipes for their dinner?

I've been doing dinners at my house for several years and have some favourite old recipes from my granny. We do potluck so all I'm doing is the turkeys (yes, two turkeys), dressing, and gravy. I'm also throwing in veggies and dip (PC dill and southwestern to be exact).

One of the turkeys will be the PC Rosemary Herb Roasted Turkey. This will be cooked in the Roasting pan, of course. The other turkey will be rotiseried on the BBQ. The dressing will be in the cranberry covered deep baker.

The majority of the serving pieces will be Simple Additions. I have a cranberry coloured table cloth that looks fabulous with all the white pieces.

My only concern is where is everyone going to sit - there will be 36 people - 20 kids and 16 adults. I guess we'll figure it out when we get there.

Linda

No PC recipes here except for an appetizer. I made the wontons and crab rangoon dip. Big hit!

's Caramelized Onion & Mushroom Dressing RecipeIngredients:- 1 loaf of PC Artisanal Olive Bread (cut into cubes)- 1 loaf of PC Artisanal Rosemary Focaccia Bread (cut into cubes)- 2 cups of chopped onions- 2 cups of chopped mushrooms- 1/4 cup of butter- 2 cups of chicken broth- 1 cup of dried cranberries- 1 tsp of dried sage- 1 tsp of dried thyme- Salt and pepper to tasteInstructions:1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and sauté until they are caramelized and soft, about 10 minutes.3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cubed breads, onion mixture, dried cranberries, sage, thyme, and salt and pepper. Mix well.4. Slowly pour in the chicken broth, mixing until the bread is evenly moistened.5. Transfer the dressing into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish or the cranberry covered deep baker from PC.6. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and crispy.7. Serve hot as a side dish with your Thanksgiving dinner. Enjoy!PC Rosemary Herb Roasted Turkey RecipeIngredients:- 1 PC free-range turkey (12-14 lbs)- 1/4 cup of butter, softened- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh thyme- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley- Salt and pepper to tasteInstructions:1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, rosemary, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper.3. Gently lift the skin of the turkey and rub the herb butter mixture over the meat, making sure to cover as much of the turkey as possible.4. Place the turkey in the roasting pan and cover with aluminum foil.5. Roast for 2 hours, basting every 30 minutes with the juices from the bottom of the pan.6. Remove the foil and roast for an additional 1-2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 165°F.7. Let the turkey rest for 20

What is the reason for our Thanksgiving being a month ahead of our neighbours?

The reason for our Thanksgiving being a month ahead of our neighbours is because it originated from the harvest festivals of Europe, which were celebrated earlier in the season compared to the harvest festivals in North America. When European settlers came to North America, they brought this tradition with them and adapted it to their new surroundings, resulting in a Thanksgiving celebration in October instead of November.

Why is Thanksgiving celebrated on a different date in Canada compared to the United States?

The United States and Canada have different histories and traditions that have influenced the date of their Thanksgiving celebrations. In Canada, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October to give thanks for the harvest season. In the United States, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November to commemorate the Pilgrims' first harvest in the New World.

How is Thanksgiving celebrated in Canada?

Thanksgiving is typically celebrated in Canada with a large feast shared with family and friends. This feast often includes a roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and various other dishes. Many people also take the time to reflect and give thanks for the blessings in their lives. Some may also participate in events and activities, such as parades and charitable acts, to celebrate the holiday.

Do all Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving is a national holiday in Canada, meaning that all federal employees and most businesses are given the day off. However, not all Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving in the same way. Some may celebrate with a traditional feast, while others may choose to spend the day in a more low-key manner. Additionally, not all Indigenous peoples in Canada celebrate Thanksgiving, as the holiday has a complicated history and may not hold the same significance for them.

Are there any other countries that celebrate Thanksgiving?

Yes, there are other countries that celebrate a form of Thanksgiving. For example, Liberia celebrates a Thanksgiving holiday in November to commemorate the country's founding. Additionally, many Caribbean islands and countries in South America have harvest or thanksgiving celebrations that may be influenced by European traditions. However, these celebrations may not be on the same date or hold the same significance as the Thanksgiving holiday in Canada and the United States.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• magentablue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ragschef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ragschef