• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Keeps Changing Dates - How Many Times Before I Say No?

J
jillbean
I have a "host" who had to move her June paty from the first week to the last week of June. Then she had to bump it back onto mid July. Then she bumped it back to August now she just doesn't know when she can have it.
I really want to slap her! I wouldn't be as upset but this is a good friend of mine and she knows that if she keeps messing with my calendar that she is messing with my pay! :grumpy:
How many times am I suppose to let her move things around before I tell her no? :confused:I can't keep reserving dates that she isn't going to keep!
Any advice?

friends are THE worst to deal with!

Call her and politely tell her that she can get in touch with you when she is ready to host a show and you will check your calendar to see if her choice of dates works.....then MOVE ON!

I'm with Meg. Just move on. Don't give her key dates anymore. if you know your weekends will book up, offer her a weeknight.

I must agree with Deb and Meg!! I'm sorry to say I had the same problem with my best friend of 25 years. They just don't see PC as a JOB but instead they see it as a hobby. I told my bf that it just may be better for her to just do a catalog show if see can't commit to a date for a cooking show.
She did and everything is fine between us. Maybe you can try offering her a catalog show maybe that will be better. That way you still get $ and she still gets what she wants.

Totally with the above posts -

Host coach her and let her know - YOU need 2 weeks minimum cancellation - so you can rebook - this is a real job and you need to be employed for that day!

I actually did suggest a catty show and she said that she would do that but now she's saying she needs more time. I told her that the order has to be in and paid for by Thursday or I can't do it out of the present catty. I know that I have until the 15th of next month but I AM NOT about to tell her that! She's been working on the catty show for 2 weeks or more. I need it on this months commission! I will be out of town at the end of the week so I need it by Thursday!
We'll see what happens!

Related to Host Keeps Changing Dates - How Many Times Before I Say No?

1. How many times can my party be rescheduled before it becomes too much?

It is ultimately up to you to decide how many times you are willing to reschedule your party. However, it is important to consider the impact on others, such as your guests and the host. It may be best to communicate with the host and come to a decision together.

2. Is it rude to constantly change the date of my party?

It can be seen as inconsiderate to constantly change the date of your party, especially if others are affected by it. It is important to communicate clearly and respectfully with your guests and the host if changes need to be made.

3. How do I handle a host who keeps changing the date of my party?

It is important to communicate your concerns and frustrations with the host. Be honest and understanding, but also assertive in setting boundaries. You may need to come to a compromise or consider finding a new host if this continues to be an issue.

4. How can I avoid conflicts when scheduling events?

One way to avoid conflicts is to plan and schedule events well in advance. This allows for flexibility and prevents last-minute changes. It is also important to communicate with all parties involved and be considerate of others' schedules.

5. What should I do if my schedule changes and I can no longer attend the party?

If your schedule changes and you are no longer able to attend the party, it is important to communicate this with the host as soon as possible. Be honest and understanding, and offer to help find a new date that works for both of you. It is important to be considerate of the host's efforts in planning the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Bluiydangl
  • byrd1956