• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Saying Goodbye: College-Ready Recipes for My Little Brother

In summary, my little brother is leaving for college tomorrow and I'm going to miss him, but I'm going to try out this microwave chicken curry recipe that he gave me.
jessica_momof6
Silver Member
my little brother is leaving for college tomorrow *sniff*

I talked my mom into buying him the rice cooker and the micro cooker.

Tell me your favorite easy college student-ready things that he can cook in them.

:D

or just links if you have them ;)

Ramen noodles- my micro-cooker went to college with my daughter, and she said she probably cooked 5000 pkgs over the 4 years.

This thread is about what college-bound kids need, there is also a flier:
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=7407&highlight=college

This one is about things needed also:
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=6421&highlight=college

My personal fave to do with each would be:
Micro cooker-cheese dip from beginning to end, brown hamburger or sausage, drain through holes on lid, then add velveeta and salsa
Rice cooker-Micro-cake with icing added before cooking

If you ever watch Ham on the Street from The Food Network did an episode on microwave cooking. You can look up the recipes online at www.foodnetwork.com he did a delicious (we make it all the time) Chicken Curry and brownies from scratch in the microwave. The curry is done in about 15 minutes. Awesome for this BUSY mother of 4! The first step is microwaving curry paste with oil for 3 minutes make sure he combines the chicken first otherwise the Rice Cooker Plus will burn and melt (personal experience).

FYI cheffers... here's that recip for the microwave chicken curry...

2 tablespoons Indian curry paste
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1/2 bunch basil, leaves chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, leaves chopped
2 (13.5-ounce) cans coconut milk
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Steamed rice, to serve
Paprika, for garnish
1 scallion, thinly sliced, for garnish

In a large microwave safe pot with a lid, mix together the curry paste and oil. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Add the chicken to the pot and stir. Cover with the lid and microwave on medium for 8 minutes.
Add the basil, cilantro, coconut milk, and soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Give it a good stir, cover it, and microwave on medium for 4 minutes. Stir it again, cover, and let it rest for 3 or 4 minutes. Serve over steamed rice, garnished with paprika and scallions.

I think I'm gonna have to try this one! I have been craving a good curry and haven't found a good place in MN yet (Man I miss London!)...

1. What inspired the creation of "Saying Goodbye: College-Ready Recipes for My Little Brother"?

The author, who is also a Pampered Chef consultant, wanted to create a cookbook that would help her younger brother prepare for college by teaching him simple and nutritious recipes.

2. Are the recipes in "Saying Goodbye" healthy?

Yes, all of the recipes in this cookbook are designed to be both delicious and nutritious, making them perfect for busy college students who want to maintain a healthy diet.

3. Can these recipes be made using Pampered Chef products?

While the cookbook is not exclusively focused on using Pampered Chef products, many of the recipes do feature our tools and utensils. However, substitutions can always be made if you don't have a specific product on hand.

4. Is "Saying Goodbye" suitable for beginners in the kitchen?

Absolutely! This cookbook is perfect for anyone who is new to cooking or looking to expand their skills in the kitchen. The recipes are easy to follow and require minimal ingredients and equipment.

5. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in "Saying Goodbye"?

Yes, there are several vegetarian and vegan recipes included in this cookbook. The author believes in making cooking accessible for all dietary preferences and needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • thecougchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef