• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Seriously Ready for Maui... Ugh

I
Inomiamenda
So let me preface this by saying that although I am a lot more direct than I used to be, I am still by nature nonconfrontational- especially when it comes to people I work with. Generally my thoughts are that it's just not worth getting worked up over when I know it will blow over shortly.
So-I work with a man whose wife teaches at my daughter's elementary school. His wife did a small catty order at the end of March. It was not enough to qualify as a show so I waited until I received another small catty order to combine them so she could get free products because I do like her, she is a good customer, etc.
I explained that that was the hold up. I had everything shipped to me so I can sort the two, and I told him the items would be here Friday, that I would bring them today. HOWEVER- I was also supposed to receive payment by Friday for 3 of the small orders that combined to make a larger one. I went ahead and ordered the stuff because these ladies are reliable, all past hosts and repeat customers. I still don't have their $$ in hand. I know I will by today or tomorrow and there was enough in my acct to cover.
This morning, though, I told him I was sorry I ran out the door to be here on time for student council and left the bags at home. He got a little snotty and said her people were getting antsy. Instead of being polite, like I typically am, I said, maybe a weeee bit snappily, that I would feel a little more guilty about that if everything had been paid for, that I still hadn't received all of the $$ for the show.
Now I know there were so many better ways to handle it. I could have simply stated that it's my policy not to deliver orders until all payments have been made, but no- I was a turd back. Oy! I hate that. I know I was wrong in the way I handled it. Sooo ready for a break.
Anyone else ever have these situations?

So I went back in between classes and apologized. That's all I can do. He accepted.

Good Becky! I can't be mean without feeling guilty (I'm Catholic!!!) and you were not mean at all!!!!Glad you feel better! HUGS!

Colleen, you are hilarious (Catholic here, too!)....Becky, it's probably just the 'icing on the cake' thing.

As women I think we tend to hold things in and let them boil to the top before we blow our lids!

{{Hugs}}

Hi there! It sounds like you're going through a tough situation and I completely understand your frustration. As a fellow consultant, I've had similar experiences where customers haven't paid on time and it can be tough to handle. My best advice would be to stick to your policies and procedures, and communicate them clearly with your customers. It's always important to remember that your time and effort should be valued, and it's okay to kindly remind customers of that. I hope everything works out for you and that you're able to enjoy your upcoming break in Maui! You deserve it!

1. "Why did it take so long to receive my order?"

I apologize for any delay in receiving your order. As I mentioned before, I was waiting to combine your order with another customer's in order to qualify for free products. This process took longer than expected, but I assure you the products will be delivered to you soon.

2. "Why did you not bring my order today as promised?"

I sincerely apologize for not being able to bring your order today. As I mentioned earlier, I had to combine your order with another customer's and I was waiting for all payments to be made before delivering the products. Unfortunately, I still have not received all the payments, but I will make sure to bring your order as soon as I do.

3. "Why did you not mention the payment issue earlier?"

I apologize for not communicating the payment issue earlier. I did not want to cause any inconvenience for you and I was hoping to receive all payments before delivering the products. I take full responsibility for not handling the situation in a more timely manner.

4. "Why did you get snappy with me when I asked about my order?"

I am sorry for getting snappy with you. I realize I should have handled the situation more professionally and calmly. I was feeling stressed and overwhelmed with the delay in receiving payments, but that is no excuse for my behavior. I will make sure to handle similar situations with more patience and understanding in the future.

5. "Have you ever had similar situations with other customers?"

Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for issues with payments to arise in my line of work. However, I always strive to handle these situations with professionalism and respect for my customers. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and I will make sure to handle any future situations differently.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Kearns
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • crystalscookingnow
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • pampchefsarah