• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Save Money on Airport Shuttle with GO Airport Express - Join Me on July 12th!

In summary, Dottie is looking for a shuttle partner to share a ride to and from the airport. She is staying at the Chicago Hilton and is flying into Midway on Monday, July 12th. She does not know how far Sheraton is from the Hilton.
cookingwithdot
Gold Member
Hi everyone,
I will be flying into Midway on Monday July 12th @ 1pm. I am staying at the Sheraton and was planning on taking GO Airport Express Shuttle. I will also take it back to the airport on Thursday. Anyone want to share a shuttle with me to save some money?
Thanks!
Dottie

Bummer I'm coming into Ohare about 2:40 Monday and need someone to share shuttle.

Just an idea. If you take the train from the airport to the Hilton, then you can take the shuttle from hilton to the conference center, if you decide to head there right away. Or a few stops with a bus will take you to sheraton. It only cost about $3 from the airport. Also at the airport at the tourist desk, where you pick up your luggage, they will give you detailed info on what and where to take.

Thanks so much for that info Zsuzsanna... I just may consider that rather than sit in rush hour traffic, I land at 8:30a on Monday.

I'm just not sure about lugging my bags ... I was going to just take the "el" from Midway, but I think I'd have to walk a couple of blocks if I did that. I was considering going straight to McCormick, but then there is that lugging the bags thing again! :) Anyone know if I can store them at McCormick Place while I am there?

yes they usually have a luggage storage spot. Nothing super secure but I have not had an issue in the past.

FYI wear logo wear when traveling. When you go to ground transport I can almost guarantee there will be other PC'rs. The year I rode the shuttle I was traveling alone and another gal picked me out as a fellow cons. and said want to say we are traveling together... I said yes and saved a few bucks on my ride.

According to the Hilton website, they are only 2 blocks from the "el" off the Orange line. I plan on taking the "el" to the Hilton, drop off my bags (they will store them) and then grab a shuttle to McCormick. I get in around 9am on Monday morning.

cookingwithdot said:
I'm just not sure about lugging my bags ... I was going to just take the "el" from Midway, but I think I'd have to walk a couple of blocks if I did that. I was considering going straight to McCormick, but then there is that lugging the bags thing again! :) Anyone know if I can store them at McCormick Place while I am there?

If you take the 'el' then get off at the Hilton stop, then you can take the shouttle from Hilton to Mccormick, then later you can take the shouttle to sheraton, if this is your final destination. Then you do not have to walk much, just about 1/2 block, from th estation to the doors at hilton where the shuttle is.
As far as luggage, pack lightly. I only take a carry on size suitcase and a backpack. This way i can haul everything easily around and if i have to run (for whatever reason) then it will be no problem. Just in case i will have stuff to bring home, i am taking a small fold up bag, so i can check 1 luggage in and carry on the other.

cookingwithdot said:
Hi everyone,
I will be flying into Midway on Monday July 12th @ 1pm. I am staying at the Sheraton and was planning on taking GO Airport Express Shuttle. I will also take it back to the airport on Thursday. Anyone want to share a shuttle with me to save some money?
Thanks!
Dottie

Dottie, I just saw this post (after I started a similar thread). Wondering if you have made plans yet? I am staying at Chicago Hilton and flying in to Midway at 1:30pm. Wondering if we could pair up and share a ride somehow.

I don't know how far Sheraton is from Hilton though.

1. What is a "Share a Shuttle Ride"?

A "Share a Shuttle Ride" is a service offered by Pampered Chef where customers can split the cost of a private shuttle with other travelers who have a similar route or destination. This allows for a more affordable and convenient shuttle option compared to a private ride.

2. How does the "Share a Shuttle Ride" work?

First, customers must book their shuttle ride through Pampered Chef's website or customer service. Then, our team will match customers with other travelers who have a similar route or destination. Customers will be notified of their shuttle pick-up time and location, and will share the shuttle with their fellow travelers. At the end of the ride, customers will only be charged for their portion of the shared shuttle.

3. Can I choose who I share the shuttle with?

Unfortunately, customers cannot choose who they share the shuttle with. Our team will do their best to match customers with other travelers who have a similar route or destination, but preferences cannot be guaranteed. However, customers can request to be in the same shuttle as their traveling companions if they book together and notify our team in advance.

4. What happens if my flight is delayed?

If customers experience a flight delay, they must notify Pampered Chef's customer service as soon as possible. Our team will do their best to accommodate the delay and adjust the shuttle pick-up time accordingly. However, if there are no other customers on the same shuttle with a delayed flight, customers may need to book a private ride at an additional cost.

5. Is the "Share a Shuttle Ride" available in all locations?

Currently, the "Share a Shuttle Ride" service is only available in select locations. Customers can check the availability of this service on our website or by contacting our customer service. We are continuously expanding our services, so please check back for updates on new locations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefpjk
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kreaser
Replies
Views
PampChefDeb
Replies
Views
3RingChef