• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sales Tax Info for PA, NJ, MD, DE

In summary, when doing shows in other states, it is important to understand and comply with the varying sales tax rates and requirements. This can be done by contacting the state's department of revenue or taxation for the most up-to-date information. Vendors may need to obtain a temporary sales tax permit or license and may be required to file a sales tax return and pay any owed tax after the event. It is also important to keep accurate records and consult with a tax professional for guidance. Some states may also have reciprocal agreements that affect sales tax collection.
kdoc
Hi all, I'm fairly new to PC and I'm looking for some information on sales tax. I live in PA but I've done shows or have shows scheduled in NJ, MD, and DE. I was wondering if there is a listing of state sales tax somewhere?

You can find it on the PC website under My Business. There is a link about Tax Info where you can look up tax rates by zip code.

How do you handle sales tax when you are doing shows in other states? Thank you!Sales tax varies from state to state and sometimes even within a state. The best way to find out about the specific sales tax rates and requirements for each state you plan to do shows in is to contact the state's department of revenue or taxation. They will be able to provide you with the most up-to-date information on sales tax rates, filing requirements, and any exemptions that may apply to your business.In general, as a vendor at a show in another state, you will need to obtain a temporary sales tax permit or license from that state's department of revenue or taxation. This will allow you to collect and remit sales tax for your sales at the event. Some states may require you to file a sales tax return and pay any sales tax owed after the event, while others may allow you to collect and remit the tax directly at the event.It's important to research and understand the sales tax requirements for each state you plan to do shows in, as failure to comply with these regulations can result in penalties and fines. You may also want to consult with a tax professional for guidance on how to properly handle sales tax for your business.Additionally, some states have reciprocal agreements with neighboring states, which may affect how sales tax is handled for vendors at events in those states. Again, it's best to contact the state's department of revenue for specific information on these agreements.Overall, it's important to keep accurate records of your sales and track which state they were made in, as well as any sales tax collected. This will make it easier to file sales tax returns and ensure compliance with state laws.

1. What is the sales tax rate for Pennsylvania?

The sales tax rate for Pennsylvania is currently 6%. However, certain items such as groceries, clothing, and prescription drugs are exempt from sales tax.

2. How do I register for a sales tax license in New Jersey?

In order to register for a sales tax license in New Jersey, you will need to complete the Business Registration Application on the New Jersey Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services website. You may also need to obtain additional permits or licenses depending on the type of business you have.

3. Are services subject to sales tax in Maryland?

Generally, services are not subject to sales tax in Maryland. However, certain services such as car repairs, lawn care, and computer services may be subject to a 6% sales tax.

4. Is there a sales tax holiday in Delaware?

No, Delaware does not have a sales tax holiday. However, there is no sales tax in Delaware, so you will not be charged sales tax on any purchases made in the state.

5. What is the sales tax rate for online purchases in Pennsylvania?

The sales tax rate for online purchases in Pennsylvania is the same as in-store purchases, which is currently 6%. However, if the seller does not have a physical presence in Pennsylvania, you may be responsible for reporting and paying use tax on the purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • elizabethfox