• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you seen the Salad Choppers by Silvermark at Kitchen Co.?

In summary, Silvermark makes a chicken salad that is similar to the one that is made in a Chillzanne platter. The company has a lifetime guarantee.
kaseydee
Gold Member
I saw these at the Kitchen Co. store & was shocked. Once it wore off I took a flyer about them. On their website they have a video that shows how they work. I thought this was interesting so I wanted to let ya'll know. I like knowing who makes different things plus knowing about this won't allow anyone to surprise me at a show that they saw an item "just like ours" at another store. :) Their website is http://www.silvermk.com

kaseydee said:
I saw these at the Kitchen Co. store & was shocked. Once it wore off I took a flyer about them. On their website they have a video that shows how they work. I thought this was interesting so I wanted to let ya'll know. I like knowing who makes different things plus knowing about this won't allow anyone to surprise me at a show that they saw an item "just like ours" at another store. :) Their website is http://www.silvermk.com

I actually have a pair that I bought in BB&B back in 05. I emailed HO & told them about it, but never heard back. When we came out with ours I checked both & they are identical, except for our logo where theirs is. Also the red thingie on theirs loosens up just like ours. BUT I cannot send them back BECAUSE they don't have a lifetime warranty!!! :D :cool:

I have never heard of Silvermark. Interesting.

Wish that we could get ours in the green. Very cool! And a very cool website... someone should tell HO to check it out and maybe steal some of their ideas.... oops, did I say that out loud...:blushing:

Even the patent #s are both 6453560 except ours has 07F underneath the #s...

One of my hosts bought a pair that was almost exactly like ours on QVC.

Have you checked out the recipes on that website... can we use those for our shows? Here is one that sounds awesome (especially for spring and summer) and it could be adapted to show quite a few of our tools.... I'm loving that website!

Chunky Chicken Waldorf Salad

This recipe makes enough salad for a crowd. Serve it on thick sandwich rolls, on a bed of fresh lettuce leaves, or piled on cantaloupe halves. My children always ask for this salad and they love to help prepare it.

Yield: 6-9 cups

Ingredients
2 boneless whole chicken breasts
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup dairy sour cream
1 celery rib, washed and trimmed
2 Granny Smith apples, cored and halved
1 cup shelled walnuts
1 cup dried currants

1. Arrange chicken breasts single layer in a large baking pan. Spread evenly with cream and bake in a preheated 350° F. oven for 30 minutes, or until done to your taste. Remove from oven and let cool.

2. Slice cooled chicken into thick slices and transfer to a large bowl.

3. Whisk sour cream and mayonnaise together in a small bowl and pour over chicken. Snip the celery into small pieces over the bowl using the Produce Shears.

4. Peel and core the apples and slice into the chicken mixture; add the walnuts. Toss and chop the chicken mixture until pieces are chopped into bite sized pieces and the dressing is well integrated. Stir in the currants and serve.

Note: As this is a dense salad, you may find it a little harder to chop than the leafy salads. I still think that using the Toss & Chop is much easier than cutting everything up individually. If your arm gets tired, take a little rest and resume chopping!

This is, in all likelihood, the company that manufactures our Salad Choppers. HO doesn't make any of our items - they contract with manufacturers. That's why people have found the site where replacement parts are available for the old Chillzanne platter.

yeah...they probably are the manufacturer of PC's version. But at least price isn't much different (they have $21.99- we have $25) and you get a Life-time guarantee with PC that is with a proven company not going anywhere any time soon.

yeah, i like the green ones as well.

What is the purpose of Salad Choppers by Silvermark?

The Salad Choppers by Silvermark are designed to make chopping and mixing salads quick and easy. They have dual blades that chop through ingredients quickly and efficiently, saving you time and effort in the kitchen.

Are the Salad Choppers by Silvermark dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Salad Choppers by Silvermark are dishwasher safe. Simply place them on the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleaning after use.

Do the Salad Choppers by Silvermark come with a storage case?

No, the Salad Choppers by Silvermark do not come with a storage case. However, they are compact in size and can easily be stored in a kitchen drawer or utensil holder.

Can the Salad Choppers by Silvermark be used for chopping other foods besides salads?

Yes, the Salad Choppers by Silvermark can be used for chopping a variety of foods such as fruits, vegetables, herbs, and even cooked meats. They are versatile kitchen tools that can help with a variety of meal preparation tasks.

How do I use the Salad Choppers by Silvermark?

To use the Salad Choppers by Silvermark, simply place your ingredients in a bowl or on a cutting board, and use a rocking motion to chop through them with the dual blades. You can also use them to mix and toss your salad ingredients together for a perfectly blended salad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tabnat80
  • teresah551393
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jaxsonson
  • jrstephens