• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rocking April & Potentially Decent Looking May - HELP!

In summary, the author is having a lot of trouble booking April shows and is hoping that May will be better.
smspamperedchef
Silver Member
Ok guys! I need some help here. I was having a pretty decent looking month until I actually got into April. Then all of a sudden my month looks pretty bad. I have had 4 hosts cancel or reschedule their shows until May. One host cancelled altogether but she was flaky from the beginning. Another never really set a date but decided to do a April cat. show and the others have moved to May. Now May is looking pretty sweet which I am excited about but I have GOT to turn my April around in a hurry. I have been doing about 6-8 shows a month and January through March has been very successful for me. What can I do to turn this around? Everyone I talk to seems to want to do May or nothing at all or they just want catty shows. I am down to 3 shows this month and 4, possibly 5 catty shows as well. I even sent out an e-mail to 10 valued customers trying to get each of them to turn in a minimum $100 in orders for a drawing for the host benefits of a $1000 show but to no avail. I am not afraid of the phone (too much) and make (AT LEAST-usually WAY more!) 3 calls a day. Any hints, suggestions would be great. What I don't understand is this month has such a great Host Special why aren't people just eating that up??? Anyone else having a rocky April and potentially decent looking May? HELP!!!

It sounds like you are doing all of the right things so I'm not sure if I have any advice for you.....cancellations just seem to be a part of our business. I don't have last minute/unexpected cancellations much because I mail out the invites for my hosts - so other than an emergency situation, I know several weeks in advance if someone is cancelling. I went into this month w/ 6 shows, had one - a bridal shower - cancel outright (wedding postponed), and another pushed til May (host in Fla. for winter, decided to stay another 2 weeks - smart move!) But then at a show this past week, I had someone book a show for April - so I'm back up to 5 shows for Apr. That is the BEST April Schedule I have ever had! I would say that April is my HARDEST month to book! It may be the area I live in, but between Easter week & Spring Break weeks (diff. schools have diff. weeks) I always have a difficult time getting people to book April. I'm actually thrilled that I have more than a couple shows!
If people want May - I would concentrate on having the BEST May ever!

Well, I just had 2 hosts cancel, but want to rebook, but don't know when. "Sometime this summer" is what I'm hearing. I have one show this month. But, it's all on me, because I have not picked up the phone lately. Well, was gone for a while on vacation, but haven't been able to get back into the swing of things. May is wide open...I have NOTHING booked. Actually have 1 in June. No one I]ve talked to is interested in a HWC fundraiser show...so I'm bummin', but I know I am the only one who can turn it around. I just have to DO IT now. I agree with Becky...go BIG in May!
I'm going to get on that phone tomorrow. I don't like looking at an empty schedule, so I have to change that to a full schedule. Good luck, I hope you have a fabulous may!

It sounds like your April is going to be a bit slow but May will make up for it so I wouldn't stress too badly over it. Just stay on the phone and you never know what can happen!

Sounds like you're experiencing what a lot of us are - a S L OOOOO W April! I feel like I've done everything short of showing up at people's door and forcing them to let me give a party (I would never do that but you know what I mean) and still no takers. I have 4 people lined up for June, which is great but I'm thinking about that right now. I want to close out my April with a bang. Hang in there....

1. How can I make my April and May look more put-together and stylish?

One way to elevate your April and May wardrobe is to invest in versatile pieces that can be dressed up or down, such as a classic blazer or a pair of statement heels. Mixing and matching different pieces can also create new and stylish looks without breaking the bank.

2. What are some must-have items for my April and May wardrobe?

Some essential items for a stylish April and May wardrobe include a lightweight jacket, a flowy sundress, a pair of comfortable sandals, and a versatile tote bag. These items can be mixed and matched to create different outfits for different occasions.

3. How can I transition my wardrobe from winter to spring for April and May?

Layering is key when transitioning your wardrobe from winter to spring. You can still incorporate some of your winter pieces, such as a chunky knit sweater, by layering it over a flowy spring dress or pairing it with a skirt and tights.

4. What colors and prints are popular for April and May?

Soft pastel colors and floral prints are always popular for April and May. However, this year, bold and vibrant colors, such as hot pink and electric blue, are also on-trend for the spring season.

5. How can I accessorize my April and May outfits?

Accessories can make or break an outfit, so it's important to choose the right ones for April and May. Some great options include a lightweight scarf, statement earrings, and a dainty necklace. Don't be afraid to mix and match different accessories to add some personality to your looks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • KellyRedHead