• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Could the Roasting Pan be the solution for larger recipes instead of the DCB?

In summary, the conversation is about the host's concerns about using a roasting pan instead of the DCB for her larger recipes. The expert suggests that the roasting pan would be a great alternative as it has a 9 quart capacity and is oven safe up to 450 degrees. They also mention that the roasting pan is great for making soups, stews, and casseroles, making it perfect for the host's chicken and dumplings and spaghetti recipes. The expert recommends showing the roasting pan at the show and mentions the 60% off discount as a great deal.
cactus_flower
I have a show on Friday showing Pan Asian Meatballs (SB Fall '07) in DCB. Host was okay with meatballs, but commented that the DCB in not big enough for many of her recipes. She has a big family and often doubles or triples the recipes.

I just got the Roasting Pan and plan to show it at her show. Do you think she could use it in place of the DCB? Some of the recipes she mentioned were chicken & dumplings and spaghetti.

I don't want the DCB to get a bad wrap, but neither do I want to recommend the roaster without some testimonials that it would work as an alternative. I have printed the list of the many uses for the roaster, but have not used it myself. As a Sept host, she can get it at 60% off--WHAT A DEAL!

The roaster is awesome and perfect for making double or triple batches of anything. However, the DCB is great because you can use it in the microwave as well as the oven, but of course, it is much smaller. I think they both serve great purposes and it sounds like in this case, the roaster would be the way for her to go. Also, suggest the family 12" skillet (Executive in my opinion is the best) since she's got a large family.

Yes, I think the Roasting Pan would be a great alternative to the DCB for her larger recipes. It has a 9 quart capacity, so it can hold a lot of food. Plus, it is oven safe up to 450 degrees, so she could use it for both roasting and baking. One thing to keep in mind is that the Roasting Pan does not have the same non-stick properties as the DCB, so she may need to use a bit of oil or cooking spray to prevent sticking. But overall, I think she would be very happy with the Roasting Pan as a versatile and larger alternative to the DCB. You could also mention that the Roasting Pan is great for making large batches of soups, stews, and casseroles, so it would be perfect for her chicken and dumplings recipe. And for spaghetti, she could use it to make a big batch of meat sauce or even bake a large lasagna. I definitely think it's worth mentioning and showing her the Roasting Pan at the show. And with the 60% off discount, it's a steal! Happy selling!

1. Can I use a roasting pan instead of the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) for baking?

Yes, a roasting pan can be used as a substitute for the DCB. However, keep in mind that the results may vary as the DCB is specifically designed for baking and has features such as the lid and stoneware material that help to evenly distribute heat.

2. Do I need to make any adjustments to the cooking time or temperature when using a roasting pan instead of the DCB?

It is recommended to follow the recipe instructions for the DCB and monitor the food while it is cooking. If using a roasting pan, you may need to adjust the cooking time and temperature based on your oven and the size of the pan.

3. Can I use a roasting pan for all types of recipes that call for the DCB?

While a roasting pan can be used for many recipes that call for the DCB, it may not be suitable for all types of dishes. For example, the DCB is commonly used for making casseroles and other one-dish meals, whereas a roasting pan may be better for roasting meats or vegetables.

4. What are the advantages of using a roasting pan instead of the DCB?

A roasting pan typically has a larger capacity and can hold more food compared to the DCB. It also allows for easier browning and caramelization of food due to its open design. Additionally, a roasting pan can be used on the stovetop for making gravies or sauces, whereas the DCB is only oven-safe.

5. Are there any special care instructions for using a roasting pan?

Most roasting pans are made of metal and can be cleaned with hot soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Just be sure to avoid using metal utensils that can scratch the surface. If the pan has a non-stick coating, follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning and maintenance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • maddy123
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lindsay
  • BethCooks4U