1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Roasted Chicken in the fluted pan

1. I had seen somewhere that you can cook a chicken in the Stoneware Fluted pan. I was wondering if anyone had the recipe...I thought that I could find it again, but I haven't been able to. I was planning on making it for a show as a surprise to my host as something different that you can make in a 'cake pan' to give people ideas.

Or does anyone have anything else as a possible alternative that I can make other than cakes? Those would be greatly appreciated too. :)

Thanks for any and all help.

Oct 23, 2005
  2. chef_leeanne

chef_leeanne Member Silver Member

To bake a chicken using the Fluted Pan you wash your chicken, season it with whatever you are in the mood for. I like to use the rotisserie chicken seasoning by McCormick. Stick the bird on the post and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Times are for a 3 1/2 - 4 pound bird.

It is so moist and yummy! :)

You can make stuffing, baked potatoes, meat loaf, bread to do a sandwich ring and more in your pan!

Lee Anne

Oct 24, 2005
  3. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

You can also make garlic biscuits in the fluted pan. Take a can of Pillsbury biscuits, cut them into quarters. Melt 1/2 stick of butter, add 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, saute for 1 minute. Add the biscuits then place in fluted pan. Bake 10-12 minutes. They are great to do with spaghetti or any time! You can also do cinnamon biscuits, same as above except use cinnamon sugar instead of the garlic.

Oct 24, 2005
  4. I love all of the ideas!

Thank you SO much for all of your ideas. I can hardly wait to them that they can cook all sorts of other things in it too.

Lisa

Oct 27, 2005
  5. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

How is this better than having the bird lying on it's side? :p

Oct 28, 2005
  6. chef_leeanne

chef_leeanne Member Silver Member

I don't know if it is really any better, but it is a great way show the very different ways this pan can be used. Most people, myself included, think/thought of a Bundt pan as a cake pan and that's all. To be able to say you can make a moist chicken and other things as well....hum....kind of gets you to thinking. :rolleyes:

Lee Anne

Oct 28, 2005
  7. Susan,
    The chicken comes out super moist with it standing up! I tried it and LOVED the results. I also cut up some potatoes and carrots and onions and put those around the bottom and I had a nice roasted chicken and veggies too!!

Nov 3, 2005
  8. Pampered Zoe

Pampered Zoe Member

The skin gets crispy all the way around, too! It is also self basting because the juices run down the bird as it cooks. Super Yummy!

Nov 3, 2005
  9. Michelle K

Michelle K Novice Member

I read you can also cook meat loaf in it as well.

Nov 14, 2005
  10. Sooner PC

Sooner PC Member

Fluted pan

My favorite is the 15 minute cake. I have sold more fluted pans by making a demo cake. Everyone likes it because of the 3 ingredients and you don't have to heat up the oven (and kitchen) for a cake.

Boomer Sooner
    Shannon Overstreet

Nov 14, 2005
  11. Need more help with the Fluted Pan Chicken!

I have a customer who bought the Stoneware Fluted Pan several months ago. She loves the microwave cakes it makes, but she and her family have been disappointed with the roasted chicken. She said she needs some ideas for seasoning the chicken. She has tried several PC seasonings, but has yet to find anything that just WOWS her family. Does anyone have any suggestions for spicing up her fluted pan chicken?

I appreciate all the suggestions I can get!

Thanks!
    Nicole in Texas

Nov 29, 2005
  12. PampChefNancy1

PampChefNancy1 Novice Member

This isn't a PC Recipe, but my family loves this... :p

Brush entire chicken with about 2 tbsp. melted butter. Press 2-3 garlic cloves and rub on entire chicken.

Mix together 1 tsp PC Italian Seasoning, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp. dry thyme & 1/4 tsp black pepper. Rub onto chicken.

Bake as usual, line fluted stone with potatoes and/or onion, carrots, or any other "tough" veggie that you'd like. The seasonings will drip off of the chicken and season the veggies underneath.

Hope this helps! Now I'm hungry...looks like I'm going to the store to get a whole fryer! :D

Nancy

13. jujubug

jujubug Novice Member

Could you post the recipe for the 15 minute - 3 ingredient cake. That's sounds great and quick.
    Thanks

Nov 30, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted