• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Roast Food on Skewers in Bar Pan?

In summary, the individual is seeking advice on whether they can use the new skewers on a bar pan without a grill for an upcoming show. They are concerned about potentially cracking the pan. The suggested advice is to preheat the pan and lightly grease it before placing the skewers on it. It is also recommended to contact the Pampered Chef test kitchens for further assistance.
bbstephan
Help! I have a show and the gal wants the sausage/pot kabobs on the new skewers- but she doesn't have a grill. Will I crack the bar pan if I put the food on the skewers, lay them in the bar pan and roast them? Thanks!

Becky, TX

bbstephan said:
Help! I have a show and the gal wants the sausage/pot kabobs on the new skewers- but she doesn't have a grill. Will I crack the bar pan if I put the food on the skewers, lay them in the bar pan and roast them? Thanks!

Becky, TX
I would call or email the PC test kitchens for that one! They are pretty quick to get back to you.

Let us know what they say.

If you have time before the party you could order a Grill Pan. That's how I do my grilling shows, on a portable electrical burner with the Grill Pan.

bbstephan said:

Becky, TX

I roast my veggies in my stones at 425 for 20 minutes without skewers. I place the stone in the middle of my oven, not at the top or bottom (broiling cracks them so I center them).

Hi Becky,

Thank you for reaching out for help with your upcoming show. I understand your concern about using the new skewers on the bar pan without a grill. While I cannot guarantee that it will not crack, I can offer some suggestions to help prevent that from happening.

First, make sure to preheat your bar pan in the oven before placing the skewers on it. This will help evenly distribute the heat and minimize the risk of cracking. Additionally, you can also try lightly greasing the bar pan with cooking spray or oil before placing the skewers on it. This will create a barrier between the food and the pan, reducing the chances of sticking and potential damage to the pan.

I hope these tips will help you successfully prepare the sausage and potato kabobs for your show. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. Happy cooking!

Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. How do I properly prepare meat for skewering on the bar pan?

To ensure that your meat cooks evenly and does not stick to the skewers, it is important to cut the meat into uniform pieces. We recommend cutting the meat into 1-inch cubes and marinating it for at least 30 minutes before skewering.

2. Can I use wooden skewers on the bar pan?

Yes, you can use wooden skewers on the bar pan. Soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before skewering the meat to prevent them from burning on the grill.

3. How do I prevent the food from falling off the skewers?

If you are using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water before skewering. This will prevent the wood from burning and make it easier for the food to stay on the skewers. Additionally, try to evenly distribute the weight of the food on the skewers to prevent them from tipping over.

4. How long should I cook the skewers on the bar pan?

The cooking time will vary depending on the type of meat and the size of the pieces. As a general rule, most skewers will take around 10-15 minutes to cook on the bar pan. Make sure to rotate the skewers every few minutes for even cooking.

5. Can I roast vegetables on skewers in the bar pan?

Yes, you can roast vegetables on skewers in the bar pan. Just make sure to cut them into similar-sized pieces and marinate them if desired. The cooking time may be slightly longer for vegetables compared to meat skewers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • Phi_Phi_18
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • KWilliams2329