1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Rice Cooker ??

Tags:
  1. Kati

Kati

Okay, I have read all of the posts on the Rice Cooker Cake- and it sounds great! But, I've never made any of the Microwave cakes and I don't understand!! Sorry- I guess it's over my head! ;)
    Will someone please tell me, step by step, the "recipe"?
    Thank you, in advance!
    Kati

Aug 19, 2005
  2. Cookie

Cookie Member

Cake

I put all of the ingredients that it says on the back of a box of cake mix into the rice cooker. (Mix,Water,Oil and Eggs) then I mix it up. Then I put 4 med. scoops of frosting from the plastic can on top. I put the two lids on and put in microwave 9 min.

I tried inverting it onto a plate and don't like it as much. But you can do that if you like. It is a little bit drier. Also I didn't think it was very pretty. Oh honestly I thought it was ugly. I just scoop pieces out of the pan and what happens is the pieces kind of roll in the melted frosting and are almost totally covered with a rich sauce. If I serve with ice cream I spoon some sauce over that too. Very decadent! And if you garnish with a bit of fresh mint and a raspberry, very pretty.

Aug 19, 2005
  3. PamperedGinger

PamperedGinger Advanced Member

This is the same recipe as the 10 minute microwave cake in the fluted stone. What happens is that the icing is more dense than the raw batter and sinks to the bottom of the pan. The result is when you turn it over, the icing drips all over the top of the cake and ices the cake.

4. I am so excited about this!!! I have a cake in the micro as we speak!!!!! :D

Aug 20, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted