• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rice Cooker Recipes: Get Delicious Ideas Now!

In summary, here are five easy and delicious recipes that can be made in a rice cooker: rice and beans, vegetable pilaf, chicken and rice, quinoa and vegetables, and oatmeal. Simply add the ingredients and cook on the appropriate setting for a hassle-free meal.
Flamingo
Gold Member
Anybody have a typed up list of receipes to go with the rice cooker???
THANKS in advance I don't want to re-invent the wheel*****;)

If you look under the files sections on here there are documents with recipes, I believe. Just type in rice cooker. I just did it and several came up.

Sure, I can help you out! Here are a few recipes that you can make in your rice cooker:1. Rice and beans: This is a classic dish that can be made in a rice cooker. Simply add 1 cup of rice, 1 can of drained and rinsed beans, 1 cup of water, and your choice of seasonings (such as cumin, chili powder, and garlic) to the rice cooker. Cook on the rice setting and enjoy a hearty and filling meal.2. Vegetable pilaf: Cut up your favorite vegetables (such as carrots, bell peppers, and broccoli) and add them to the rice cooker along with 1 cup of rice, 1 1/2 cups of water, and some seasonings (like thyme and rosemary). Cook on the rice setting and you'll have a delicious and healthy side dish.3. Chicken and rice: Cut up some chicken breast and add it to the rice cooker with 1 cup of rice, 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth, and your choice of seasonings (such as parsley, garlic, and lemon). Cook on the rice setting for a tasty and protein-packed meal.4. Quinoa and vegetables: Quinoa is a great alternative to rice and can also be cooked in a rice cooker. Add 1 cup of quinoa, 1 1/2 cups of water, and your choice of chopped vegetables (such as zucchini, mushrooms, and onions) to the rice cooker. Cook on the rice setting and you'll have a nutritious and flavorful dish.5. Oatmeal: Yes, you can even make oatmeal in a rice cooker! Simply add 1 cup of rolled oats, 2 cups of water, and your choice of toppings (like cinnamon, honey, and fruit) to the rice cooker. Cook on the porridge setting and you'll have a warm and comforting breakfast.Hope these recipes help and happy cooking!

Related to Rice Cooker Recipes: Get Delicious Ideas Now!

1. How do I use a rice cooker to make different types of rice?

To make different types of rice in a rice cooker, simply follow the instructions on the packaging of the rice you are using. Generally, the ratio of rice to water is 1:2 (1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water). Rinse the rice before cooking and add it to the rice cooker with the appropriate amount of water. Close the lid and press the "cook" button. The rice cooker will automatically switch to "warm" mode once the rice is cooked.

2. Can I use a rice cooker to make other dishes besides rice?

Yes, you can use a rice cooker to make a variety of dishes such as soups, stews, and even desserts. Simply follow the recipe and add all the ingredients to the rice cooker. Press the "cook" button and let the rice cooker do the rest of the work for you.

3. How long does it take to cook rice in a rice cooker?

The cooking time for rice in a rice cooker may vary depending on the type of rice you are using and the amount of rice you are cooking. Generally, white rice takes about 20 minutes to cook, while brown rice may take up to 50 minutes. It is always best to consult the instructions on the packaging of the rice and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. How do I clean my rice cooker?

Cleaning a rice cooker is easy and simple. After use, unplug the rice cooker and allow it to cool down. Remove the inner pot and wash it with warm soapy water. Wipe the exterior of the rice cooker with a damp cloth. Do not immerse the entire rice cooker in water. Make sure to dry all parts before storing.

5. Can I use a rice cooker to reheat rice?

Yes, you can use a rice cooker to reheat rice. Simply add a small amount of water to the rice and mix it well before placing it in the rice cooker. Press the "cook" button and allow the rice to heat up for a few minutes. The rice cooker will automatically switch to "warm" mode once the rice is heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• higoobs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • chefgirlrd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies