• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating Perfect Jasmine Rice Without a Rice Cooker

In summary, when cooking Jasmine rice, use a 1:1.5 ratio of rice to water, and rinse the rice before cooking to remove excess starch. You can substitute chicken broth for water to add more flavor, and adjust the amount of salt added accordingly. Cooking on the stovetop takes around 18-20 minutes, and you can also add other ingredients such as vegetables or herbs for additional flavor.
higoobs
Gold Member
Can anyone tell me how they prepare savory and delicious jasmine rice or jasmine rice pilaf. I don't have rice cooker!

I just follow the directions on the package.

1. Jasmine Rice:- Rinse 1 cup of jasmine rice in a fine-mesh strainer until the water runs clear.- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 ¾ cups of water to a boil.- Add the rinsed rice to the boiling water and stir.- Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan with a lid, and let the rice simmer for 18-20 minutes.- Once the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, remove the saucepan from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes.- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.2. Jasmine Rice Pilaf:- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.- Add ½ cup diced onion and ½ cup diced carrots to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes.- Add 1 cup of jasmine rice to the pan and stir until the rice is coated with the oil.- Pour in 1 ¾ cups of chicken or vegetable broth and bring to a boil.- Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan with a lid, and let the rice simmer for 18-20 minutes.- Once the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, remove the saucepan from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes.- Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in ¼ cup of chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley or cilantro) before serving. Optional: add in ¼ cup of toasted nuts or dried fruit for added flavor and texture.

1. How do I measure the correct amount of water for Jasmine rice?

The general rule for cooking Jasmine rice is to use a 1:1.5 ratio of rice to water. For example, if you are cooking 1 cup of rice, use 1.5 cups of water. It is always a good idea to check the specific instructions on the rice package as different brands may recommend slightly different ratios.

2. Can I substitute chicken broth for water when cooking Jasmine rice?

Yes, you can substitute chicken broth for water to add more flavor to your rice. Use the same 1:1.5 ratio of rice to broth and adjust the amount of salt added accordingly. You can also add herbs or spices to the broth for additional flavor.

3. Should I rinse the rice before cooking?

It is recommended to rinse Jasmine rice before cooking to remove any excess starch and improve the texture of the rice. Rinse the rice in a fine-mesh strainer under cold running water until the water runs clear.

4. How long does it take to cook Jasmine rice on the stovetop?

Cooking Jasmine rice on the stovetop typically takes around 18-20 minutes. After bringing the rice and water to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Let the rice simmer for 18 minutes, then turn off the heat and let it sit for an additional 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.

5. Can I add other ingredients to the rice while it cooks?

Yes, you can add other ingredients such as vegetables, herbs, or spices to the rice while it cooks to infuse more flavor. Make sure to adjust the amount of liquid and cooking time accordingly. You can also add ingredients towards the end of the cooking process, such as stirring in chopped herbs or adding a squeeze of lemon juice, for a fresher taste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefgirlrd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
chefdoreen
  • winklermom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies