• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Did the Rice Cooker Melt While Making Quick Rice Pudding?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a customer's rice cooker melting while using a recipe from a booklet provided by the speaker. The speaker has never seen anything like it and is considering contacting HO for a product adjustment. The customer's rice cooker is still under warranty and the speaker is unsure if HO will send a replacement or if the speaker needs to order one for the customer. It is also mentioned that the cooker was meant for microwave use and not oven use.
raroll
Hi guys, I gave one of my customers the rice cooker recipe booklet that I have found here and she made the Quick rick Pudding and her pot melted and everything burned. I dont see any liquid in the recipe. Has anyone tried this recipe? Wha should I do- obviously I need to replace it for my customer since I gave her the recipe booklet. Does anyone know where this recipe came from? Maybe I need to add some liquid or something. I love the collection of recipes but I dont want to give it out untill I try every recipe. What would you guys do?

I had a customer tell me that her Rice Cooker melted and I thought she meant it was warped a little. She brought it to church and it was a PANCAKE!! I've never seen anything like it! The top was perfectly normal (still shiny plastic), the bottom melted until it was about 3 inches tall!! She was just cooking rice! I bought her a new one and kept the melted one because it was so funny looking :)

When I make the rice pudding I make regular rice first then you had the Milk, raisains etc, for the rice pudding. The original rice pudding recipe was in the book that came with it. HTH

Too Bizarre about it Melting They must have "One Hot Micro":D

How long has she had her rice cooker? It has a 2 year warranty. I can't believe this. The rice cooker is one of my best selling products!

WoW!!I have never heard of that before, how weird. I would definately let HO know about it though!!

Karen Hodge said:
How long has she had her rice cooker? It has a 2 year warranty. I can't believe this. The rice cooker is one of my best selling products!

My customer's RC is still under warranty. I will probably send it back, going to take pics of it first!!

I, too, have sold a good number of RC. I've never seen a PC product self-destruct like this.

Its only 2 months old!!!! Yikes!!!The rice cooker is only 2 months old! I put in a product adjustment online and they sent me an auto reply saying where I need to ship it back to. Should I call HO and talk to them about it or is the product adjustment what I should do? Iam on my 4th month so kinda new to this issue. If I send it back- do they ship my customer a new item or do I need to order one for her? I am thinking I need to get on the phone to HO- they seem pretty helpful.

raroll said:
The rice cooker is only 2 months old! I put in a product adjustment online and they sent me an auto reply saying where I need to ship it back to. Should I call HO and talk to them about it or is the product adjustment what I should do? Iam on my 4th month so kinda new to this issue. If I send it back- do they ship my customer a new item or do I need to order one for her? I am thinking I need to get on the phone to HO- they seem pretty helpful.
You need to put the reference number inside the box and on the outside and mail it to HO. They won't send the new one until they get the other one.

If it was within 30 days of purchase they would send a call slip and pay for sending it back.

:eek: Please make sure the customer put it in the MICROWAVE... I had a customer very upset that I sold her such a "cheap" product that "wouldn't even cook scalloped potatoes... when she put it in the oven it melted".
*blinks*
True story. :rolleyes:

Oh. And for the record. I do tell every customer that it's for the MICROWAVE... and it says so in the catalog. But you know... sometimes people just arent the brightest bulbs in the box, ya know? ;)

And make sure that if it is but in the MICROWAVE that it is cooked on Microwave power -- my mother-in-law has a dual Microwave/Convection oven -- and has ruined some of her (non-PC) cookware by selecting the wrong setting. Convention and Microwave are two very different settings.

Pampered Laura said:
:eek: Please make sure the customer put it in the MICROWAVE... I had a customer very upset that I sold her such a "cheap" product that "wouldn't even cook scalloped potatoes... when she put it in the oven it melted".
*blinks*
True story. :rolleyes:

Oh. And for the record. I do tell every customer that it's for the MICROWAVE... and it says so in the catalog. But you know... sometimes people just arent the brightest bulbs in the box, ya know? ;)

Don't you just want to say "DUH"! to some of these people!!! My customer did use the microwave...the bottom is smooth with the pattern of her glass turntable imprinted on it!

Put it in the oven? Come on people...IT'S PLASTIC!! I had a host order a new microcooker because her MIL put it on the stove top! Some people just don't think first. Maybe we should just look at it as job security....as long as they do stupid things....they will keep coming back for more :D

I did a show at my best friends house about 6 years ago and I told her to melt the chocolate in the "micro"cooker and she put it on her stove burner and well, you know what happened, the house filled up with smoke! and the smoke detectors went off! She felt so bad and my husband teased her for months, cause she's "blonde!" She retaliated with, "your daughter is blonde buddy, so watch what you say!" it was all in good fun! My daughter is no longer blonde, her hair is light brown and my husband has fun reminding my best friend of that all the time. PC just mailed me a new one right away!

I have heard of the rice cooker melting like that before!:eek:
And I would use liquid when making rice pudding, not sure how much though!:eek:

My BIL put the small microcooker on the stovetop too. Evidently it looks that durable! That IS a good point to check to see where it was used. I work a computer store and you'd be surprised how insistent you have to be. I had someone call with a "remove disc from drive a: and hit any key". I asked if he did that and he said "yeah, there is no disc there". I said, just humor me and check while I'm on the phone. "Fine" and then two seconds later "oh".

My rice cooker cooked my rice right into the bottom of the thing! all the little grains were just melted into the plastic.
I can't make rice in that thing to save my life! :eek:

Thank you guys for all your suggestions!!! I appreciate it! My customer has used the cooker for rice and loves it- I just felt bad that the recipe book that I gave her -killed her rice cooker. If anyone has used the Quick Rice Pudding (with success) let me know- all the recipes I have found have no liquid in it. hmmmm. :) Have a great day guys- you are all lifesavers!!!

1. How do I prevent my Rice Cooker Plus from melting?

To prevent your Rice Cooker Plus from melting, make sure to only use it in the microwave for the recommended cooking time and at the proper temperature. Do not exceed the maximum temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit and do not use it in the oven or on the stovetop.

2. Can I still use my Rice Cooker Plus if it has melted?

No, we do not recommend using a Rice Cooker Plus that has melted. The melted plastic can affect the safety and functionality of the product. We suggest purchasing a new one and following the proper usage guidelines to prevent melting in the future.

3. What should I do if my Rice Cooker Plus has melted in the microwave?

If your Rice Cooker Plus has melted in the microwave, let it cool down before attempting to remove it. Use caution as the plastic may still be hot. Discard the melted product and thoroughly clean your microwave before using it again.

4. Can I use my Rice Cooker Plus for other types of cooking besides rice?

Yes, the Rice Cooker Plus can be used for a variety of dishes, including vegetables, pasta, and even desserts. Just make sure to follow the recommended cooking time and temperature for each specific recipe to avoid melting.

5. Is the Rice Cooker Plus dishwasher safe?

No, the Rice Cooker Plus is not dishwasher safe. It is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly before storing it. This will help prolong the life of the product and prevent melting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NewDirectorKaren
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KimoMakano
  • kkimpinski
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • kreaser