• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rice Cooker Melts in Microwave - Is Toxic Poisoning Possible?

I have the same issue - the clear insert comes unsnapped and falls off. I have to hold it on with a rubber band.It's okay....they are not supposed to stay in one piece.It's okay....they are not supposed to stay in one piece.
ChefShannoninVA
One of my very good customers called me last night just really upset. She just received the Rice Cooker last week and was making rice in the microwave. The Rice Cooker melted in her microwave and her whole place smelt horrible. She threw the rice cooker outside on the deck but that didn't help any. Now she thinks she has toxic poisioning from the smell because she has been sick since. I've picked up the rice cooker already but it is in 2 bags so I am afraid to open it. Has anyone heard of this happening? Could it have been her microwave? I am the one who recommanded the Rice Cooker to her.

It could have been her microwave, it could have been a faulty rice cooker. I would do an adjustment and get her a new one. I have heard stories of rice cookers melting, but not like that! Did she do anything different to make her rice? Did she cook it for too long? Not put in enough water?

Was it a nuclear powered microwave?

Wow, I have never heard of that happening.

Just made rice in mine two nights ago and it was fine.

I've never heard of that one!

I have a different question about the R.C. though --- has anyone had a problem with clear insert in the lid coming unsnapped while cooking? Every time I use it, when I take the lid of it is in two pieces - the black lid and the clear insert...

kearstin said:
I've never heard of that one!

I have a different question about the R.C. though --- has anyone had a problem with clear insert in the lid coming unsnapped while cooking? Every time I use it, when I take the lid of it is in two pieces - the black lid and the clear insert...

It's okay....they are not supposed to stay in one piece.

DebbieJ said:
It's okay....they are not supposed to stay in one piece.
Whew - I was wondering what the heck mine was doing!! Thanks, Debbie!

Shannon, I'd be curious how she used her rice cooker. I've used mine pretty much weekly since I received it (when it first came out), and I can't imagine it melting.

I would definetly call HO too and see what they have to say about it. I would do a product adjustment for her, but after this, I kinda doubt she really wants to try it again. :(

I thought the led was supposed to be one piece also.. my DH told me different... Cause I thought it was broken:p

Nope- the lid is two pieces. That's why it's in 2 pieces in the video for the Pan-Asian meatballs on the spring DVD. (You can cross-sell bamboo tongs to help lift the inner lid.)

1. Can I use any type of rice cooker in the microwave?

No, not all rice cookers are safe to use in the microwave. Only rice cookers specifically labeled as microwave safe should be used for cooking in the microwave.

2. Is it safe to cook rice in the microwave using a rice cooker?

Yes, as long as you are using a microwave safe rice cooker, it is safe to cook rice in the microwave. Just make sure to follow the instructions for your specific rice cooker and do not exceed the recommended cooking time.

3. How long should I cook rice in the microwave using a rice cooker?

The cooking time will vary depending on the type of rice and the wattage of your microwave. Generally, it takes about 10-15 minutes to cook rice in the microwave using a rice cooker. It is important to follow the instructions for your specific rice cooker and check the rice for doneness before serving.

4. Can using a rice cooker in the microwave cause toxic poisoning?

No, as long as you are using a microwave safe rice cooker and following the instructions for cooking, there is no risk of toxic poisoning. However, it is important to make sure the rice cooker is clean and in good condition before each use to avoid any potential health hazards.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using a rice cooker in the microwave?

Yes, always make sure to use a microwave safe rice cooker and do not exceed the recommended cooking time. It is also important to follow the instructions for your specific rice cooker and check the rice for doneness before serving. Additionally, make sure the rice cooker is clean and in good condition before each use to avoid any potential health hazards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pletcherdee
  • Senkimekia
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Senkimekia
  • PChefPEI