• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revamp Your Cooking Show Intro with These Tips - Join the Discussion!

In summary, the cookbook author talked about her experiences with live TV cooking shows and gave a demonstration of a recipe. She explained that she used products from her personal collection and also mentioned some of the other families of products that she uses in her demonstrations. She ended the show by giving away prizes.
katie0128
Silver Member
So after my DH had back surgery in January and I took time off from PC because he couldn't watch the kids and I couldn't afford a sitter (surgery was nearly $40,000, but with insurance we only paid about $5,000... gotta LOVE insurance!)

Anyway... I have only done ONE (yes, ONE) cooking show since December - it was earlier this month and it was really crappy. Almost as bad as my very first show. (I did all catty shows to stay active between Dec and now).

For me, the intro is the most imporant part of the show because that is when I settle my nerves and can really get the audience into what is happening... problem is I want to change my intro because it is flat, but need direction. So that is where you all come in... Start a-postin' the ideas and tips and stories (and the occasional hijack), ladies and gents!

Relax. TELL them that you haven't done live shows for a while because of (be as specific as you want or don't want to be here) and that you are excited to get back into the swing of things. Tell them that you are so blessed to have a job that allows you to send in an occasional catalog show to keep going while family takes first place.

They will all understand and be pulling for you. This all becomes part of your story. Not your why but your why it works!

What does your opening sound like?

I thank the host for inviting me into her home and I thank the guests for taking time out of their day to join us. I tell them that Mary chose a great recipe for today and that I will be showing them a lot of PC products but that they should feel free to ask about anything they are interested in. (More details of course but I don't use a script - I say whatever comes out.)

We then do introductions. I tell my story and then we go around and let everyone say a few things. I always ask them a question that will lead to a discussion about products.

If the recipe needs to bake or chill I will put it together before guest introductions.

Other than the products used in the demo I use the guest intros to go over the other families of products and of course I hit on any major group that was missed after they are done. I also go over the RUFTH program and the specials at some point as well.

We end with door prize drawing slips and thanks all around.

Like I said there are more details in between and every show is different for me. People have clapped after I was done and written or said how much they enjoyed the show. Of course, like everyone else, I have had dud days (LeeAnne was at a show I did that was a dud day - lol wouldn't you know!) but you just shake those off and go on!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about your husband's surgery and the challenges it brought to your business. It's great that you were able to take time off to support him, and I'm glad your insurance helped with the cost.I completely understand the importance of the intro in a cooking show. It sets the tone for the rest of the presentation and helps to engage the audience. Have you tried incorporating some personal stories or experiences into your intro? Sharing a funny or heartwarming story about your own experiences with the products or cooking in general can help to make it more relatable and entertaining for your guests.Another idea could be to ask your audience a question or have them participate in a quick activity at the beginning. This will get them involved right away and help to break the ice.And don't be too hard on yourself about the one "crappy" show. We all have off days and it's important to remember that each show is a learning experience. Just keep practicing and trying new things, and I'm sure your next show will be a hit.Best of luck to you and your business! Keep up the great work.

1. What is the purpose of the "Need New Opening..." tool?

The "Need New Opening..." tool is designed to help you easily open jars, cans, and bottles without straining your hands or using excessive force. It is perfect for those with arthritis or limited hand strength.

2. How do I use the "Need New Opening..." tool?

To use the tool, simply place it over the lid of the jar, can, or bottle and press down firmly. The tool's grip will securely hold onto the lid, allowing you to easily twist and open it without slipping or losing your grip.

3. Is the "Need New Opening..." tool dishwasher safe?

Yes, the tool is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Simply place it on the top rack of your dishwasher and run it through a normal cycle.

4. Can the "Need New Opening..." tool be used for larger lids?

Yes, the tool is adjustable and can fit a variety of lid sizes, including larger ones. It is designed to fit lids ranging from 1 inch to 3 inches in diameter.

5. Is the "Need New Opening..." tool covered by a warranty?

Yes, our "Need New Opening..." tool is covered by a limited lifetime warranty. If you experience any issues with your tool, please contact our customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefstover2
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • finley1991
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
bethsbiz
  • Malinda Klein