• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Remembering Those Who Served: A Story of Sacrifice and Gratitude

In summary, Christian Phillip Skoglund's mother has shared a report about her son's grave at Arlington National Cemetery. The report details how Terry and Christian met during WWII and how Terry served in the Army. Terry's mother is also buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
As many of you know, we had a friend die in November in a Blackhawk Crash.

He was buried in Arlington in December.

His mother just send this report...

Associated Press

The gravestone you see throughout the whole entire story (Christian Phillip Skoglund) is his...makes me very grateful of their ultimate sacrifice for my freedom today and every day.

My friend Terry is also buried in Arlington. This August will be three years.......this summer , for the first time, we are taking our kids to visit with him.

What amazing work that company does...although I must say that I hope to not see anymore of their work for a very long time.

Everywhere... in every nook and cranny of this great nation is a mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter, grandparent, extended family, church and community touched by the death of individuals who have fought for the freedom we enjoy every moment of every day. Thank you all... I've said it before and I'll continue... I NEVER see and American flag without saying a prayer for each of you... past, present and future... who sacrifice for me and my family. May God continue to have mercy on our Country and draw us every closer to Him.
Thanks Janet...this is very moving!

My father is buried at Arlington and so will my Mom when the time comes(hopefully not for while). They met while serving during WWII. Thank you for sharing this. I'm forwarding it to family members

My condolences again for the loss of your friend last year.

Janet...thanks for the reminder. Another holiday is coming and there are folks who are hurting. Missing family members who are serving, who have been killed, and who have passed on. I thank them all for their sacrifices, and pray that God blesses them and encourages them during this very special holiday.

Thanks for sharing, Janet. I am speechless.

What a touching story. God Bless you and the soldier's family!

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm going to share this with hubby and friends. He is a 3 time Iraqi war vet.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. We lost one in 2003 in a Pavelow crash at Bagram...he's buried in Arlington along with 2 or 3 fellow crew members in one grave (long story). Thank you for sharing this. :) And for all of you that voice your support in so many ways, thank you. You'll never know what is means to not only our spouses but our families.

Proud AF wife, Army daughter & sister

Related to Remembering Those Who Served: A Story of Sacrifice and Gratitude

What is "Remember Those Serving..."?

"Remember Those Serving..." is a program created by Pampered Chef to honor and support military service members and their families.

How does "Remember Those Serving..." work?

Through this program, customers can purchase a special product, the "Remember Those Serving..." stoneware pie plate, and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to organizations that support military families.

Where does the donation go?

The donation from the sale of the "Remember Those Serving..." pie plate goes to organizations such as the USO, Homes For Our Troops, and the Fisher House Foundation, which provide various forms of support to military service members and their families.

Can I make a direct donation to "Remember Those Serving..."?

No, the only way to support "Remember Those Serving..." is by purchasing the special pie plate through a Pampered Chef consultant.

How long does the "Remember Those Serving..." program run?

The "Remember Those Serving..." program is available for a limited time, typically from Memorial Day through Veterans Day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • kaiser
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy