• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Remembering Our Troops: A Day of Gratitude and Prayer for Their Sacrifices

In summary, KG and Anne say that the flag should not be abused and should be protected. They also say that the military deserves the day off today.
ChefJeniLobdell
Let us all take a moment today to thank and pray for our troops and their loved ones.

Thank you to all the troops and their familes that have sacraficed so much for our freedom and our country.

I pray for comfort for those who have lost, strength for those that are without, and safety for those who are away.

May this country keep at heart what it owes it's brave men and women who have fought and are fighting at this time.

No amount of thanks can every truly pay them for what they have given.

Amen! Many and great are the sacrifices made for our freedoms.

What Hugo Chavez just did in Venezuela should be a lesson to everyone, do not take our freedoms too lightly. Freedom is not free, it comes with a very high price.Here's to my father, and members of his generation, who made the world safe for us by defeating fascism during WWII. Here's to the veterans of all our entanglements, from Bunker Hill to Tripoli to Iraq. Thank you, veterans, thank you.

AMEN AGAIN! Thanks KG

Here's to all of my loved ones who served in WWI, WWII and Vietnam,and any other conflicks that might have happen..... Thank you to our veterans that served for this wonderful land that we live in!! God Bless you all!

Can I tell you, my niece was playing with a little flag outside. She was waving it around and marching. She loves the flag. The wind came and blew it right out of her hands and she became hysterical. I got the flag, dusted it off and gave it back to her, she continued her marching. Then I thought how it would be nice if more people had a similiar reaction to the flag being abused?

Isn't ironic, the thousands of Americans who died for that flag in order to give some moron the right to abuse it?

AJPratt said:
Can I tell you, my niece was playing with a little flag outside. She was waving it around and marching. She loves the flag. The wind came and blew it right out of her hands and she became hysterical. I got the flag, dusted it off and gave it back to her, she continued her marching. Then I thought how it would be nice if more people had a similiar reaction to the flag being abused?
Very touching Anne!
KG, your's was great too!
Here's to my Grandpa & Cousins who have served and are still serving!
Thank you everyone!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Isn't ironic, the thousands of Americans who died for that flag in order to give some moron the right to abuse it?

Yes. I think the flag should be protected and not abused. I understand the importance of demonstrations and freedom of speech, but I think the flag is a national treasure and desecrating it should be considered an act of vandalism and punishable, during a demonstration or otherwise. People treat a building they could knock down better than the flag. And, while I'm at it, I think people need a refresher course or lesson on the protocal of the flag, too.

I'll always remember shortly before my Grandfather died, he was so weak from chemo, and his once strong legs had just about withered away. We had to rise to do the flag salute, and we tried to tell him to just salute from his wheel chair. Well, he wouldn't have it. He made a fuss, insisting on standing and they paused and waited for him to completely rise before they continued. He said, "As long as I am able to stand for the flag, I will". I always think of that and pride just swells in my heart and tears in my eyes. He taught us so much.

You're right, Anne. I've been in parades over the last several years, not watching and when I'm on the curb, watching, I often tend to be the only one around me that removes my hat to hold it over my heart as the flag goes past.Two years ago, I drove in the Veterans' Day Parade and had one of the grand daughters of the AMVETS in the rumble seat. I also had an American flag mounted on a staff on my rear bumper. After I dropped off my rumble seat celebrity, I forgot about the flag and was on my way back to the start of the parade route to take care of some unfinished club business. A military troop (local reservists, I think) was marching back to the beginning of the parade route to their transporation. As I approached, the noncom in charge halted the troop, called right face and called to present arms as I drove past. I was surprised until I remembered that I still had the flag mounted on the car.It was a very stirring experience.

Happy Memorial Day.

(since today is actually Memorial Day)

Thank you to everyone who posted stories. And thank you to the military for your sacrifice so that we can continue to live free.

I heard someone call it "Decoration Day" the other day - I haven't heard it called by that name since my grandmother died.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I heard someone call it "Decoration Day" the other day - I haven't heard it called by that name since my grandmother died.

I heard it call that for the first time this Sunday when my pastor read the story of how Memorial Day came about.

Related to Remembering Our Troops: A Day of Gratitude and Prayer for Their Sacrifices

What is "Remembering Our Troops: A Day of Gratitude and Prayer for Their Sacrifices"?

"Remembering Our Troops" is an annual event organized by Pampered Chef to honor and show gratitude for the sacrifices made by our military service members. It is a day filled with prayer, remembrance, and acts of gratitude towards our troops and their families.

When is "Remembering Our Troops" observed?

The event is observed on the last Monday of May, which is also known as Memorial Day in the United States. This is a day dedicated to honoring and remembering those who have died while serving in the armed forces.

How can I participate in "Remembering Our Troops"?

There are many ways to participate in "Remembering Our Troops". You can attend a local event or ceremony, volunteer at a veterans' organization, donate to a military charity, or simply take a moment to reflect and show gratitude for the sacrifices made by our troops.

Who can participate in "Remembering Our Troops"?

Anyone can participate in "Remembering Our Troops". It is a day for all Americans to come together and honor our military service members and their families. We encourage individuals, families, and communities to join us in this day of remembrance and gratitude.

Why is it important to remember and honor our troops?

It is important to remember and honor our troops because they have selflessly served and sacrificed for our country and our freedom. They have put their lives on the line to protect us and our way of life, and it is our duty to show them our gratitude and support. "Remembering Our Troops" is a way for us to come together and acknowledge their sacrifices and the impact they have had on our lives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kathijenkins
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies