• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Relay Fundraiser Disappoints: Lessons Learned and Improvements for Next Time

wait for it...on the door!This sounds like a great idea! It's so nice to have one less thing to worry about. I will definitely promote it and make sure everyone knows about it.Thanks for the tips - I have an RFL meeting coming up to pitch our fundraiser next week, and I'm a little worried. I like your idea, Dusty, of giving them 15-20 OOFs!! And I will certainly push the cooking show.
jrstephens
Well, as many of you know I got my first Fundraiser this month with a Relay for Life group. Just picked up and sales are $214 with one more order to pick up tomorrow.

UHH!!! There was suppose to be about 20 people selling. I think they just each order about $10/15 worth. I do not think they got the concept of COLLECTING ORDERS!!!

Oh well, small sales is better than no sales and I can only improve on Fundraisers from here!!!:D

Don't feel bad my first fundraiser I did was a flop... They didn't seem to care to get orders, so needless to say they didn't make very much off of it.

Oh no!!! And they will probably be ticked when their check from PC is so small. THEIR LOSS!!!

I went to a Relay meeting last night to pitch our fundraisers....those ladies were just so boring! They seemed to take no interest in what I was there for. Oh well...we'll see. Their Relay isn't until July anyway.

That's a bummer. I just got done doing a fundraiser for a girl going on an exchange trip and it turned out to be almost $900! She was SO excited about it. I think it's probably easier to get one or two people to get really excited about it than 20, though...I think some are winners and some are losers. Stick with them, maybe they'll do another one next year and it will get better...

Well, they ended up closing with $554 in sales. That is much better than $200. I was of course hoping for at least $1000 but was very happy they got it to $554. The Chairperson was as disappointed as I was that the people did not take up orders especially seeing how quick it added up with just them ordering.

And with double points I got over a 1000 points from it!

Jennifer-what type of order forms did you use for this fundraiser? I am doing a couple (hopefully more) fundraisers for RFL teams, and not sure about order forms. Wouldn't it just be as easy for the team member to use OOF just like when people do catty shows? I am just wondering what worked for you?

sillylittlechef said:
Jennifer-what type of order forms did you use for this fundraiser? I am doing a couple (hopefully more) fundraisers for RFL teams, and not sure about order forms. Wouldn't it just be as easy for the team member to use OOF just like when people do catty shows? I am just wondering what worked for you?

I just used the outside order form. And I got them to make checks out to the organization and then make one check out to me from the organization.

Be sure to make sure they understand to get outside orders. Mine did not do that. I know if they had of it would have been really successfull.

I highly recommend doing a cooking show to show products to kick it off. I think this is what I am going to do next year and if I ever do another one. I think this would give you the opportunity to really stress outside orders.

Thank you Jennifer. I am hoping they will be willing to do a kick off party (cooking show) that way I have the opportunity to get them all excited about the products. I think since these are adults I will just use the OOF like you did. I think I will give them each 15-20 copies of the OOF and maybe that will give them a hint to get OUTSIDE ORDERS!!!! thanks again!

Thanks for the tips - I have an RFL meeting coming up to pitch our fundraiser next week, and I'm a little worried. I like your idea, Dusty, of giving them 15-20 OOFs!! And I will certainly push the cooking show.

Keep your fingers crossed, and any other tips are truly appreciated!!

If you have a PC website; how about offering each member the ability to have their guests enter their orders on the website-after you have already entered the team members name as the fundraiser in order to keep track of who sold what. I think this might be easier for some people so they do not have to handle the $ or delivering products.

I am doing one this month. The co-ordinator is so excited about it! I sent her a packet with my outside order forms (see attachment) and we are doing an open house/demo after church on the 18th. The ladies of the church are making Taco Rings, Dips, etc. I just need to demo a Trifle in the new bowl. She is advertising galore around town, on the church sign and in church newsletter, bullitens. She even talked the minister into wearing a chef's hat, apron and holding a bamboo spoon for the next two Sundays to premote her Fundraiser! How cute is that?!?! I hope it goes well - I have one in April & May for the same Relay group, just different teams.

Joanne

Attachments

• Marchoofrelay.doc
    286 KB · Views: 376
Thank you Joanne for that oof. I love it. I think I will use that one. The only thing (besides contact info) is that I have to change the guest special. One team so far wants to run it for two months!

Oh no, you guys are scaring me because I'm going to a RFL fundraiser meeting on Tuesday! Wish me luck!:D

PampMomof3 said:
Oh no, you guys are scaring me because I'm going to a RFL fundraiser meeting on Tuesday! Wish me luck!:D

Good luck Kristi!!!

Great form, Joanne. Not to be critical but I would change it to show that we offer an awesome wedding registery.

Can't wait to hear how it went Joanne! Good luck Kristi with your upcoming meeting!!!!!!

OMG! :eek: I agree with Kristi. ;) I have a Relay for Life Team meeting the 15th to present our funraiser. They are interested in having the fundraiser during May.

Wish me luck too!! I was hoping this would be a good thing for me. :rolleyes:

Good luck, Jennifer on your RFL meeting!

I try to meet with everyone who will be involved with the fund raiser. I tell them matter of factly, that if they want a successful fund raiser, they need to each do their part. I offer a gift to the individuals with the top three sales in the group, and this is a good motivator.
With a bigger fund raiser, I give each person 2-3 catalogs and at least 10 order forms. I also list the things they can do to boost their sales and offer up my website and host link to encourage them to add their contacts... local and around the country.
And the one thing I tell them (learned from a director friend, Donna Marshall) that if they remember that song the Hokey Pokey... the last thing you put in is your whole self. I tell them I am willing to put my whole self into THEIR fund raiser, and I only ask they do the same.

I recently had a flop myself, I called Stop and Shop and asked if I could sit outside with a table this weekend... can we do that?

Cookingfool said:
I recently had a flop myself, I called Stop and Shop and asked if I could sit outside with a table this weekend... can we do that?

I'm pretty sure that is allowed but I'd call HO just to be sure.

Hey...an idea that my director gave me...bring something med-small to raffle off and then make them fill out drawing slips. I offered MEGA shows to each team and told them I'd be providing raffle prizes for them. I told them they would be GOOD prizes and not just dollar store junk and raffled off a small bar pan I had sitting around...here are my files for you to see!

Attachments

• Relay For Life.doc
    64 KB · Views: 455
  • relay door prize drawing.doc
    119 KB · Views: 360
PS GOOD LUCK!! Make sure they know how excited you are to be a part of such an important event!

I got an email from one lady who said, "I'm with the county clerk's office, and 160 of us work here...what if we can't all go to the show? Can they still order?!" YIKES! YES YES YES!!!

Thanks for sharing, Kim. This is great!

I had my first of 3, Relay fundraisers last week after their church. The ladies (and men) were pouring into the hall! She had 5 tables of 6 chairs and we were full! I almost ran out of catalogs. They had the food set up (they made 3 PC Taco Rings, cookies with the cookie press, and a PC hot dip in a Rectangular Baker) so people could eat right away. All I demoed was the Peanut Butter Trifle in our new bowl. I had everything measured and cut - but demo'd a few things (chopper, knives, easy accent decorator). I only talked for about 15-20 mins. Hit our main product lines and did the "dessert" demo. Her sales are almost at $800 and people were taking 2-3 catalogs with order forms! She was thrilled!! It was probably the easiest show ever! They even washed all my dishes while I was packing up my products. What a great group! I also had a last minute Fundriaser (teacher called me Thurs night for a Friday pass catalogs out fundraiser!) for my son's preschool. I made up a letter for the front explaining the fundraiser, myself and how I will donate my commission, etc. It closed in a week - sales are over $1150! I'm thrilled!! I really didn't know what to expect - and I got 3 bookings from it.
Just sharing!!
Joanne

1. What is a Relay Fundraiser?

A Relay Fundraiser is an event where participants take turns walking, running, or cycling around a track or designated course to raise money for a charitable cause. It is typically organized by a team or group and can last anywhere from a few hours to overnight.

2. Why was our Relay Fundraiser a flop?

There are a few reasons why a Relay Fundraiser may not have been successful. It could be due to lack of promotion or participation, bad weather, or not enough planning and organization. It's important to evaluate the event and identify areas for improvement in order to have a successful fundraiser in the future.

3. How can we make our Relay Fundraiser more successful?

To make a Relay Fundraiser more successful, it's important to plan ahead and promote the event effectively. This could include reaching out to potential sponsors, utilizing social media and other marketing tools, and involving the community. It's also crucial to have a clear goal and purpose for the fundraiser to motivate participants and donors.

4. Can we still raise funds even if our Relay Fundraiser was a flop?

Yes, there are still ways to raise funds even if the Relay Fundraiser did not meet its goals. You can reach out to donors and sponsors who may not have been able to attend the event, organize a virtual fundraising campaign, or plan a smaller, more focused event. It's important to stay positive and continue to engage with potential donors and supporters.

5. How can Pampered Chef help with our Relay Fundraiser?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of fundraising options that can complement a Relay Fundraiser. You can host a virtual cooking party and donate a portion of the sales to your cause, or organize a fundraiser with our products where a percentage of the sales goes towards your fundraiser. Our team can also provide support and resources to help make your fundraiser a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tys1031
Replies