• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Refreshing Triple Citrus Virgin Mojitos for a Hot Summer Day

In summary, the mojitos are very yummy with no alcohol in them. Chefann recommends making a double batch and bringing them to a party so that they can be enjoyed by a wider audience.
missmindym
Are they good virgin? I'm doing a show on Saturday where I am doing the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche cups and the lemon cakes, and I wanted to show off my trifle bowl and thought about doing the mojitos. Besides I wanted to stick with the refreshing, cool theme I have going because it's been in the triple digits here in the Mojave desert for a while now and it helps people think "cool".

Yep. Yummy with no booze in them. I made them at a show last night and about half of the guests wanted them virgin. So we poured theirs, then added the rum to the rest. The host's daughters (young - probably 4 and 6) liked them, too.

chefann said:
Yep. Yummy with no booze in them. I
QUOTE]

Ditto: Very Yummy virgin style--we don't drink at our house & was liked by all.
:thumbup:

missmindym said:
Are they good virgin? I'm doing a show on Saturday where I am doing the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche cups and the lemon cakes, ....

I'm hoping you're not planning on demo-ing all of these recipes. Adding the mojitos in to the mix will give you one long show.

That said, the mojitos are super yummy. I'm bringing a pitcher full to my niece's b-day party on Friday. Yes, she's a 4th of July baby. :D

The mojitos could be the demo. They are that involved. It will take time to do them.

DebbieJ said:
I'm hoping you're not planning on demo-ing all of these recipes. Adding the mojitos in to the mix will give you one long show.

That said, the mojitos are super yummy. I'm bringing a pitcher full to my niece's b-day party on Friday. Yes, she's a 4th of July baby. :D

I can't wait to try these either, they sound awesome!! Maybe I'll have them on the 4th, I'm a 4th of July baby too, :D

Humble Beginnings said:
I can't wait to try these either, they sound awesome!! Maybe I'll have them on the 4th, I'm a 4th of July baby too, :D

YUMMYYY!! I didn't even think about making them for the 4th, but now maybe I will ;)

Let me clarify--I'm making a DOUBLE batch--bringing the FS QS Pitcher. They are THAT good. :D:D

I served these...no alcohol...at my daughter's 15th birthday party. She had a spa party and the girls did facials. They loved this drink.

chefann said:
Yep. Yummy with no booze in them. I made them at a show last night and about half of the guests wanted them virgin. So we poured theirs, then added the rum to the rest.

The host's daughters (young - probably 4 and 6) liked them, too.

Inquiring minds want to know, which group ordered more? The ones who wanted them virgin, or with the rum? I'm guessing the rummys. :angel:

I'm not demo'ing all of them, but I thought I would serve them. And since all of the recipe's I'm doing are out of the SB, I was going to offer it as a booking tool.?

EpTxGuy said:
Inquiring minds want to know, which group ordered more? The ones who wanted them virgin, or with the rum? I'm guessing the rummys. :angel:

Actually, I didn't pay attention. None of the orders were huge (this host has 2 shows a year, so her friends and family have been to a lot of shows). I'd say that the groups were actually pretty even, spending-wise.

i did them with booze at a large show - did a double batch then had to make another double batch (by request)

yes, sales were great!

definitely make them ahead of time...they are labor-intensive and not all that fun to make as a group.

enjoy!

FYI - DO NOT use cheap lemon/lime soda in this recipe. I just did it using a store brand lemon lime soda (pop) that was green in color and it was so gross!! It was way too sweet and nobody drank it. I have made it before with 7up and it was better. Stick with the more clear sparkling brands for better results.

are the mojitos in the season's best??

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the triple citrus mojitos, love them with booze, have not had them without. Everyone raved about these and I have gotten requests for the recipe and to bring them to cookouts, neighborhood get togethers etc.... I sold a few quick stir pitchers to neighbors as well.
I used Sprite Zero since it has no sugar, no caffiene and no carbs, the less sugar the better, right?? :)

are the mojitos in the season's best??
Yes they are. I use the store brand version of Sprite/7-Up and they turn out fine. In fact, when I made them for dinner last night, I used diet pop and nobody could tell. :)

Okay, so just to finish out my own post. I did make this for my show on Saturday and they loved it!!! I used 7up. But. After the show there was some left and since it was a show for a good friend I got the chance to try them, and "I" didn't like them at all, and the funny thing is, I like everything that goes into it, I love lemon and lime and oranges, etc. but I just didn't like these. So, unless it's specifically requested, I probably won't be making them again. lol

Anybody done these without the mint ... and do you still have to strain them if you leave that out?

I was thinking about these with the 30 minute chicken and garlic bites ... do you think that would be too long? Or just stick with the quick stir margaritas??

If you make it without the mint, then it's not a Mojito, it's just fancy lemonade.

I just had to say that we did a demo of this last monday at my cluster meeting (virgin) and all the girls loved them..I loved them.

So good! I had ordered my citrus press, but it didn't come in until the DAY after of course..but I'm so excited to do it now w/ my press!

yummy. CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE THESE FOR MY HUBBY'S GRAD PARTY NEXT MONTH FOR THE FAMILY ( WITH RUM)

1. What ingredients are needed to make Triple Citrus Mojitos?

To make Triple Citrus Mojitos, you will need fresh lime juice, fresh lemon juice, fresh orange juice, mint leaves, white rum, simple syrup, club soda, and ice.

2. Can I use any type of rum for this recipe?

While you can use any type of rum you prefer, we recommend using white rum for the best flavor in Triple Citrus Mojitos.

3. Do I have to use all three types of citrus juices?

Yes, using all three types of citrus juices (lime, lemon, and orange) is what makes this drink a "Triple Citrus" Mojito. However, you can adjust the amounts of each juice to your personal taste.

4. Can I make Triple Citrus Mojitos in advance?

We recommend making Triple Citrus Mojitos fresh right before serving for the best flavor. However, you can make a large batch of the drink by combining all the ingredients (except for the club soda) and keeping it in the fridge until ready to serve. Just add club soda and ice before serving.

5. Can I substitute the simple syrup with another sweetener?

Yes, you can substitute simple syrup with honey or agave syrup for a different flavor profile. Just be sure to adjust the amount according to your desired level of sweetness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elizabethfox
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jenni
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Rebelbug
  • JAE