• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Red Velvet Trifle Recipe: Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth!

In summary, the conversation is about a Red Velvet Trifle recipe that was previously shared and a question about the ingredients used. The recipe calls for a boxed Red Velvet cake mix and a pudding made with cheesecake pudding mix and cream cheese. The amount of milk used for the pudding should be reduced to make it thicker. Red Velvet cake is described as a chocolate cake with red food coloring and is known for staining everything. The conversation ends with a comment about how Red Velvet cakes are commonly seen as fruit flavored due to their red appearance, but are actually chocolate.
muffetts
Gold Member
Someone recently mentioned a Red Velvet Trifle - can anyone post that recipe? I'm intrigued! :blushing:

I'd like this one too....

I posted it once - hold on - let me look...

OK- thanks, but here's a stupid question - did you use a boxed velvet cake or is there a recipe for that too?:blushing:

My other question is the pudding. How did you make that?

Sorry - was offline for awhile busy at work.Boxed Red Velvet cake mix.
Pudding is one big box of cheesecake pudding or 2 small ones mixed with 8 oz. of cream cheese. I personally think you can do it with or without the cream cheese or if cheesecake pudding is not available mix a large box of vanilla with cream cheese.

Do you just use the dry mix mixed with the cream cheese or did you make up the pudding and add cream cheese? The recipe sounds great. Can't wait to try on Christmas guests!!

chefsara said:
Do you just use the dry mix mixed with the cream cheese or did you make up the pudding and add cream cheese? The recipe sounds great. Can't wait to try on Christmas guests!!

Add the milk as you normally would but reduce it as if you were making a pie...so if it calls for 2 cups, I'd go with 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups.

What does red velvet cake taste like? Never had it and was just curious? sounds good though!

Red Velvet cake is really just chocolate cake with a whole bunch of red food coloring in it. It's weird, because it doesn't look like it tastes.

chefann said:
Red Velvet cake is really just chocolate cake with a whole bunch of red food coloring in it. It's weird, because it doesn't look like it tastes.

Agreed! And it stains everything terribly....plus the fact that the red food dye almost always used for it is banned in all of Europe, and many other countries ~ yet here in the US, we just keep pumping it into our bodies!:yuck:

;)
chefann said:
hmm interesting. I've seen them at cake stores and thought they look beautiful and wondered how they tasted!

They look like they should be fruit flavored or something, because of the red. But they're chocolate. (I could insert a comment about Red Velvet cakes being from the south and that's why they're weird, but I don't want to offend any of my online friends.)

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Red Velvet Trifle?

To make the Red Velvet Trifle, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 package of red velvet cake mix
  • 1 3.9 oz package of instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 cup of cold milk
  • 1 8 oz container of whipped topping
  • 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips

2. How long does it take to make the Red Velvet Trifle?

The total time it takes to make the Red Velvet Trifle is about 1 hour and 15 minutes. This includes 45 minutes for baking the cake and 30 minutes for assembling the trifle.

3. Can I make the Red Velvet Trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Red Velvet Trifle ahead of time. It is best to make it no more than 24 hours in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

4. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake mix for this recipe. However, the flavor and texture of the trifle may be slightly different. Yellow cake mix or chocolate cake mix are good alternatives to red velvet.

5. Can I substitute the whipped topping with homemade whipped cream?

Yes, you can substitute the whipped topping with homemade whipped cream. To make homemade whipped cream, you will need 1 cup of heavy cream and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. Whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form, and use it as a substitute for the whipped topping in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Anne
  • heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • ChefetteDuJour