• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need ideas for layers in a Red Velvet Trifle?

In summary, a red velvet trifle is a layered dessert consisting of red velvet cake, whipped cream, and various toppings. To make it, you need to bake a red velvet cake, cut it into cubes, and layer it with whipped cream and toppings in a trifle dish. You can use any cake flavor for a trifle, but the traditional flavor is red velvet. A red velvet trifle can last 2-3 days in the refrigerator and can be made in advance, but it is best to assemble it no more than 24 hours before serving.
heat123
Silver Member
I have the cake mix and I have always wanted to bake one of these puppies (still waiting for a special occassion I guess:rolleyes:) So I've been asked to bring a trifle of some sort next weekend. What layers would go with a red velvet cake I wonder? TIA for any suggestuons!

Umm I would just layer it with

the cake
then some type of cream cheese mixture
then pecans

gothim0802 said:
Umm I would just layer it with

the cake
then some type of cream cheese mixture
then pecans

Strait cream cheese frosting or should I mix it with whipped cream or do they have cream cheese pudding?

I think they have some sort of cream cheese pudding or a cheesecake one. I would do that mixed with whipped cream. I like the idea of the nuts....just make sure no one is allergic.

I would also use the cream cheese pudding!! let us know how it turns out!

Thanks for the tips and suggestions! :) I will let ya know how it comes out, unless I decide to make just a regular cake out of it!? ;)

What is a red velvet trifle?

A red velvet trifle is a layered dessert made with red velvet cake, whipped cream, and various toppings such as chocolate chips, berries, or nuts.

How do I make a red velvet trifle?

To make a red velvet trifle, you will need to bake a red velvet cake according to the package instructions. Once cooled, cut the cake into small cubes and layer them in a trifle dish or individual glasses with whipped cream and your desired toppings. Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Can I use a different cake flavor for the trifle?

Yes, you can use any cake flavor for a trifle. However, the traditional flavor for a red velvet trifle is red velvet cake, which adds to the overall aesthetic and taste of the dessert.

How long does a red velvet trifle last?

If stored in the refrigerator, a red velvet trifle can last for 2-3 days. It is best to consume it within this time frame to ensure freshness and quality.

Can I make a red velvet trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make a red velvet trifle in advance. However, it is recommended to assemble the trifle no more than 24 hours before serving to prevent the cake from becoming too soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • sassypip
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • jenbaez