• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recycle or Repurpose Used Cell Phones

In summary, you can keep your old cellphones as spares, donate them to a battered women's shelter, or sell them online.
kcjodih
Gold Member
What do you do with used cellphones? I got a new one today for my birthday, my previous one is 2 years old, my daughter is getting one after Christmas for her birthday replacing the one that she has now where all the little extras don't work. So we'll have 2 and I think there's another around here somewhere that DH used to have.

Is there anything useful I can do with these?

Federal regulation says that all cellphones must be able to dial 911 (assuming they are charged or plugged in of course) regardless if they have current cell service or not.You can keep them as spares in the car in case of an emergency -or- you can donate them to a battered women's shelter. Usually you have to make your donation via your local police department. You can call the local one in your phone book, but they will NOT give you their physical address for mailing or drop off. They will only provide you with a PO Box address for security reasons. ;)

Verizon Wireless stores have drop boxes for battered women's shelters.

Just to be safe though, find the box IRL or online and do a master reset of your phone. It will return the phone to the original as bought condition, and erase all your information.

I was going to say for battered women, but check with your local school or colleges, some of them collect and then turn over to something.......I know our high school does that, but since I don't have HS aged kids I've got no idea what they do with them.

Lisa

I sold mine to a company online, I can't remember the name of it

There are also drop boxes in various stores that collect for deployed military personnel.

We have Tmobile, and all new cell phones come with a postage paid envelope to return your old phone to them for proper recycling also.

Related to Recycle or Repurpose Used Cell Phones

1. Can I recycle my old cell phone through Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a partnership with a certified e-waste recycling company to responsibly recycle used cell phones. You can find more information on our website or by contacting our customer service team.

2. What happens to my old cell phone when I recycle it through Pampered Chef?

Once we receive your old cell phone, it will be sent to our partner recycling company. They will either refurbish the phone for reuse or extract valuable materials for recycling. Either way, your old phone will be kept out of landfills and given a second life.

3. Can I get any incentives for recycling my old cell phone through Pampered Chef?

Yes, we offer a $5 credit towards your next purchase with Pampered Chef for every cell phone you recycle with us. This credit can be used towards any product in our catalog or online store.

4. What if my old cell phone is broken or damaged?

Even if your old cell phone is broken or damaged, it can still be recycled through Pampered Chef. Our partner recycling company will properly dispose of any hazardous materials and salvage any usable parts for recycling.

5. Can I recycle other electronic devices through Pampered Chef?

At this time, we only accept used cell phones for recycling. However, we are constantly looking for ways to expand our recycling program and may offer recycling for other electronic devices in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Chef_2_Four
  • General Chat
Replies