1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Recruiting people on unemployment?

1. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

I know this issue has been discussed before but I just don't have time right now to really search. I have a show on the 30th that the host is interested in business but is nervous about it, but is still very interested. She was recently laid off due to outsourcing to another country. It's awful what happened to her. But anyway she doesn't want to lose unemployment. I know I can show her the income potential if she wanted to do PC full time but I don't think she's considering it as a full time endeavor. But I'll work on that. What things should I know as far as what she needs to do with being on unemployment? Thanks for any input on this matter. It will be most appreciated.

Oct 21, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I know the search function isn't all that great, but the Similar Threads feature works better. Now that you've posted, the threads from before are listed at the bottom. Hopefully those will help!

Oct 21, 2009
  3. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

I was on unemployment from June 2008 to the end of April 2009. I did not declare my PC because I didn't average over $400 a month in commission... In fact, I had a few months I didn't even hit $100 (July 2008 had a big $0). If she gets some big numbers, it would affect it but if not, it doesn't.

Oct 21, 2009
  4. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

It depends on where you live - you need to look up your own states rules. I live in WA & I have to claim ANY amount I earn in self employment & then 75% of that amount is subtracted from my unemployment check. I just did it for the first time this week & I got a ton of paperwork to fill out with employment security ... just wondering who else is dealing with this ... :)

Have something to add?