• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unemployed Potential Recruit... What to Say?

In summary, A consultant is trying to recruit someone who is interested in signing up, but doesn't have a job or the initial money to invest in the business. The consultant is considering discussing financial options with the potential recruit, but is hesitant because of potential risks. Another consultant suggests helping the potential recruit secure four catalog shows to earn the money for the kit. However, others point out that the $40 kit credit for hosting a show is not enough and that it would not be taken seriously as a business if the kit was given for free.
chefmelody
I have a potential recruit right now who really wants to sign, but she doesn't have a current job. She doesn't think she can come up with the initial money, and keeps telling me that she'll wait until she gets another job. I want to tell her that PC will bring in her extra income right away, but I know it won't be a full-time income right off the bat.

So, how can I help her out? She told me to just keep checking in with her every few weeks, which is what I'm doing. She always seems happy to hear from me, and we have a nice chat on the phone. Hopefully, she'll come to my team meeting next month.

I'd love to sit down with her and discuss financial options, but I'm not sure the words to say. I know she'd earn the kit money back in the first couple of shows, but I also know it's difficult to cough up $155 right off the bat. :(

Tell her to hold a garage sale to raise the $155 and then she can order her kit and will neveer have to worry about a job again!

I agree with Carolyn. I would worry if you put the money out for her, you wouldn't get it back! ;)

PampMomof3 said:
I agree with Carolyn. I would worry if you put the money out for her, you wouldn't get it back! ;)

Do NOT put the $ out for her - we've heard the horror stories here on CS about doing that...

dannyzmom said:
Do NOT put the $ out for her - we've heard the horror stories here on CS about doing that...

Yes we have!!!:D

dannyzmom said:
Not to mention, if she doesn't pay for the kit, she has no financial attachment to it. If she does pay for it, she takes responsibility and is more likely to do something- at least to get her initial investment back.

Help her secure four catalog shows. Get the host info for each of the four. Provide her with a quick start box if you have it, or some catalogs and order forms at the very least.

If she gets her four shows working now, by the time she is ready to close them, you can put her contract in and she will have a return of her cash in less than two weeks if you time it right. Plus, she will get the double incentives for her first 30 days, and you get 2,000 points towards the trip incentive!

I have taken and financed the kit this way, and had them postdate a check to me for the kit price. I havent been burned yet, and even if it does bounce, one of my girls is a Michigan State Trooper, and having had experience with host and guest bounced checks... nothing says pay up like the State Police. Heheh.

Have her host her own show.. and earn a portion of the kit.. if not all of it!!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
Have her host her own show.. and earn a portion of the kit.. if not all of it!!!

Too bad it doesn't work that way. :rolleyes: I wish they could apply more than $40 of their host benfits toward their kit, especially since the price has increased.

chefmelody said:
Too bad it doesn't work that way. :rolleyes: I wish they could apply more than $40 of their host benfits toward their kit, especially since the price has increased.

Gosh - how cool woul dit be if a host could earn her entire kit!?!?!? Or even get it as a 1/2 price item??

I don't think the $40 kit credit is a deal at all and I always explain to my recruits how they could earn much more than that back by hosting their first "grand opening show."

They can make their $155 back so fast.....

chefmelody said:

I wish it worked that way as well.... for those host's that would like to use their whole free product value for the kit!!! But hosting a show would help with it... hmmmmm that is a tough one!

dannyzmom said:
Gosh - how cool woul dit be if a host could earn her entire kit!?!?!? Or even get it as a 1/2 price item??
I don't think people would take it seriously as a business if they got the kit for free.

DebbieJ said:
I don't think the $40 kit credit is a deal at all and I always explain to my recruits how they could earn much more than that back by hosting their first "grand opening show."

They can make their $155 back so fast.....

I agree 100% - I wholeheartedly put the $155 and wanted the guests to be my first guests/hosts rather than taking orders only to get $40 off then having people not host a show sayng "well you just hosted one and we bought what we need"

1. What should I say when asked about being unemployed during a job interview?

It's important to be honest and transparent about your unemployment. You can mention the reasons for your unemployment and highlight any relevant skills or experience you have gained during this time. Emphasize your enthusiasm and motivation to get back into the workforce.

2. How do I explain gaps in my employment history?

If you have gaps in your employment history, be prepared to address them in a positive and confident manner. You can mention any personal or professional development activities you pursued during this time, such as volunteering, taking courses, or freelancing. You can also highlight how these experiences have helped you grow and develop as a potential employee.

3. Should I mention my unemployment in my cover letter?

It's not necessary to mention your unemployment in your cover letter, as the focus should be on your qualifications and why you are a good fit for the position. However, if you have a compelling reason for your unemployment that is relevant to the job, you can briefly mention it in your cover letter.

4. How do I address being unemployed on my resume?

You can address your unemployment on your resume by including a brief explanation or a short statement about your career goals. You can also highlight any relevant skills or experience gained during this time, such as through volunteering, internships, or freelance work.

5. How can I use my unemployment to my advantage during a job search?

Being unemployed can be an opportunity to focus on personal and professional development. Use this time to enhance your skills, update your resume and cover letter, network, and research potential job opportunities. You can also mention any new skills or experiences gained during your unemployment in your job interviews to showcase your dedication and motivation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • msmileyface