• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potential Recruit - Different State

In summary, Paulette's potential recruit lives in NY and has never been to a party before. She is interested in joining Paulette's team, but is unsure of how to be successful from a distance. Paulette's recruiter was not local, so Paulette contacted a director in her area to chat and get advice. The potential recruit is going to join Paulette's team and be a fabulous asset.
Jolie_Paradoxe
Gold Member
Hi all,

I'm sure this has been discussed before....I tried 4 searches, and there were over 15 pgs for each....but the first couple of pages were not what I was looking for....so I'm hoping everyone with this kind of experience can offer their advice...

I have a potential recruit who lives in NY, and I live in TX. She has never been to a party and has expressed interest in having a party and also joining my team. I obviously would be thrilled to have her onboard, but want to be sure I can help her be successful from a distance.

I know all about Hospitality for team mtgs, but can I impose on others to also allow her to see them in action...at a live cooking show? Can I have her first party be her kick off show, and ask a director in her area to be there in a supportive manner?

I know she'll have CC and training materials available, but how else can I be there for her and make sure she would be getting all she needs from a distance?

So, for all of you who have recruits who live afar.....what did you do?

Thanks!

for all of these questions Yes...

Some Hospitality directors are better than others. I looked at 2 before I chose who I jelled with and thought would support me.

Keep in mind... these directors probably have consultants in their line who are not near them and attend Hospitality themselves. We all work together to make a great company!

Thanks for the prompt reply Paulette. When you joined, were you at all familiar with PC? Had you attended a party before?

When you joined...was your recruiter not local too?

I agree PC is awesome, and the team spirit is one of the bonuses I have discovered and love.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Thanks for the prompt reply Paulette. When you joined, were you at all familiar with PC? Had you attended a party before?

When you joined...was your recruiter not local too?

I agree PC is awesome, and the team spirit is one of the bonuses I have discovered and love.

I was fortunate in that I was farmilliar with PC

I was a HO lead and my recruiter was fairly local (20-30 minute drive) but her director (who got my lead) was quitting. I was my recruiters first recruit and the director we were rolling up to is over 7 hours away.

Now I know I should looked for another local director. But this situation is different...

If I were in your shoes... I would try to contact a director (your director will need to help you with this) in her area and call her to chat. Tell her your situation and go from there.

Or... HAve her do a catalog show to fall in love with the products. Send her some training DVD's especially any that depict a show atmosphere. Make sure to Point out the potential earnings and all the bunuses just for giving it a try. No long term comitment.

Hope this helps a bit... GOOD Luck!

Thanks again Paulette! Appreciate your time and helpful insight....glad to see it can be done well, and that you were able to succeed despite the distance!

That's exactly what I needed to know....I'd hate to sign someone to my team and have them at a disadvantage.

No problem... Hopefully you will get some insight from others into what has worked for them.

My main worry was that I would be asking too much of the Hospitality Cluster and that the potential recruit would be at a disadvantage. I didn't want to persuade her to join with me for my personal benefit and agenda.

Your answers gave me the encouragement and answers I needed. I did speak with my director who summed up what you had mentioned and provided all the ways we (my director and I) could be supportive from afar.

I called the potential recruit, and it looks like I have another member joining my team. She's decided to join my team.....but I'll celebrate when I see the agreement submitted.....however, I will do a happy dance for the idea of another member soon to be on board! So, whoo hoooo!

She's going to be FABULOUS!!!! PC is perfect for her, and I know she'll be an asset to PC!!

This is sooo great! I am happy for the both of you!

Phew... glad I knew what I was talking about... Some days I wonder LOL!

etteluap70PC said:
This is sooo great! I am happy for the both of you!

Phew... glad I knew what I was talking about... Some days I wonder LOL!

Thank you much!

LOL....you most assuredly do! We all have those days when our sanity is questioned....if we don't, that's when we have a problem! :p

It does work to be so far away. I signed in April 08 in Indiana when I was on the road with DH. At the end of May 08 I moved back home, so my Director is FAR away! I call her every Sat am to touch base and I was attending local meetings. They are kind-of a drive though and don't really motivate me so I'll probably stop, but only because of personal preference. Everyone welcomed me with open arms, but gas is going back up LOL.
You can support her from afar and she can be successful. Good luck and congrats!!

Thanks Crystal!

You may want to ask your director to look for another group that's closer to you....the meetings are pretty important....you get to share ideas, celebrate each other's success and walk away motivated.

I'll mention it on next Saturdays call - thanks. Of course you guys do a great job in the motivation department too!!

1. How can I apply for a job in a different state?

The best way to apply for a job in a different state is to search for job openings online and submit your application through the company's website. You can also reach out to recruiters or hiring managers in the company and express your interest in the job. Networking and attending job fairs in the state you are interested in can also increase your chances of getting hired.

2. Will I have to relocate if I get the job in a different state?

Yes, if you are offered a job in a different state, you will have to relocate in order to work at the company. Some companies may offer relocation assistance, but it's best to clarify this during the interview process.

3. Can I negotiate my salary if I am relocating for the job?

Yes, you can negotiate your salary if you are relocating for a job. It's important to do your research and understand the cost of living in the new state to have a realistic salary expectation. You can also negotiate for other benefits, such as relocation assistance, to help with the transition.

4. Will I have to pay for my own relocation expenses?

This depends on the company's policy. Some companies may offer relocation assistance, while others may require you to cover your own expenses. It's important to clarify this with the company during the interview process.

5. What should I consider before accepting a job in a different state?

Before accepting a job in a different state, you should consider the cost of living, housing options, and any potential changes in taxes. You should also research the job market and opportunities for career growth in the new state. It's also important to think about your personal life and any potential challenges or benefits of relocating to a new state.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • MHPampered
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Monty060609
  • SusanBP0129