• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes You Would Make/Would Never Demo

In summary, Ellen recommends the Jerk Chicken Nachos and the mini pesto pizzas, but warns that the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte is not demo-able. Aldi is a great place to buy produce, and their prices are unbeatable.
Smashie
Yesterday I made the Jerk Chicken Nachos and found them to be very easy to make, and would demo perfectly. I have also tried the mini pesto pizzas and they were fairly easy too ( i would recommend pre-making the pesto though).

I would NEVER demo the new Chocolate Mint Silk Torte. My recruiter made that and it was awful. :yuck: Too rich, minty, and everyone could only take one or two bites, and it did not come out of the torte pans very well.

Another one that I wouldn't reccomend for a show demo is the triffle recipe (can't remember the name, the one on the front, lemon/lime berry something). It's not terrible to make, but is expensive ingriedents. We tried this at one of our cluster meetings and just seemed a little too much for a demo. IMO

I made the molten cakes at our cluster meeting on last night, and i should have taken them out a minute before i did (I followed the time in the recipe) and I guess I didn't spray the pan enough, as it took a lot to get them out... they were yummy and very easy to make, however I just would have felt stupid at a show doing them...

I am torn on the caprese mini sandwiches because they are great but don't cut very well and people have to watch me assemble 12 sandwhiches. You can't stretch out the recipe in case more than 12 people show up either.

Christ Follower said:
I am torn on the caprese mini sandwiches because they are great but don't cut very well and people have to watch me assemble 12 sandwhiches. You can't stretch out the recipe in case more than 12 people show up either.

Ellen, the only way I have ever made these is to make a ring out of it. Then I can cut the ring in as big or little pieces as I need. Aren't quite as pretty, but with a bit more work in the plate presentation department are just as nice!

GourmetGirl said:
Ellen, the only way I have ever made these is to make a ring out of it. Then I can cut the ring in as big or little pieces as I need. Aren't quite as pretty, but with a bit more work in the plate presentation department are just as nice!

So then you just use a french bread loaf instead of pita bread rounds? That sounds pretty good.

Exactly! It is very good! Yumm... now it makes me hungry for caprese salad... mmm...

Oh My...I've made the lime berry trifle all season long and it's been a HUGE hit. In fact I'm making it tomorrow night for a show.

I've also made caprese minis as well....for a group of 17. Turned out great.

I think the Island Breeze Rum Cake is sooooooo good, but I would NEVER demo it...to much room for me to mess up in this recipe...but it is one of my favorites...

I made the Mediterranean Hummus Pizza for our Cluster Taste Test - I LOVE it, but would never make it for a show. Too expensive, and too many ingredients that people may not like (hummus, artichokes, olives, feta cheese - all things I love, but the chances are most at the show won't like one or the other.)

I'm with you on that one, Becky. We loved it at our cluster taste test, although we would have chopped the artichokes smaller so they'd be easier to eat.
And did you know that some dollar stores carry marinated artichoke hearts? Much cheaper than the grocery store. :)

chefann said:
I'm with you on that one, Becky. We loved it at our cluster taste test, although we would have chopped the artichokes smaller so they'd be easier to eat.
And did you know that some dollar stores carry marinated artichoke hearts? Much cheaper than the grocery store. :)

I chopped mine because I thought the big chunks were too big - and looked funny, since I had diced everything else pretty small....plus, I needed to cut it into small pieces for the cluster.

AND:

Aldi's! I have recently discovered that they have some gems! 12 ounce jarred (not metal cans!) Artichokes - plain and marinated. And their cream cheese and tortilla shells are great! Some tortilla shells don't work well for making the tortilla cups - but the Aldi brand work the best of any I've found. And a Great imported olive oil! I went there a couple months ago because of some kind of toy or video or something they had in their ad -and although I would never get my produce there - I have discovered other things that I love to get there! Oh - and I found dark chocolate peanut m&m's there last week - first time I had actually seen those in a store!

Frozen haricot verts (baby stringless green beans) - never been able to find them at the grocery store any way but canned - but Aldi's has them frozen!

I was SHOCKED by the selection!

ChefBeckyD said:
I chopped mine because I thought the big chunks were too big - and looked funny, since I had diced everything else pretty small....plus, I needed to cut it into small pieces for the cluster.

AND:

Aldi's! I have recently discovered that they have some gems! 12 ounce jarred (not metal cans!) Artichokes - plain and marinated. And their cream cheese and tortilla shells are great! Some tortilla shells don't work well for making the tortilla cups - but the Aldi brand work the best of any I've found. And a Great imported olive oil! I went there a couple months ago because of some kind of toy or video or something they had in their ad -and although I would never get my produce there - I have discovered other things that I love to get there! Oh - and I found dark chocolate peanut m&m's there last week - first time I had actually seen those in a store!

Frozen haricot verts (baby stringless green beans) - never been able to find them at the grocery store any way but canned - but Aldi's has them frozen!

I was SHOCKED by the selection!

Perhaps I need to go there....haven't been there in about 5 years. I know that a good friend of mine LOVES their yogurt, too!

Can you use a debit card now? I think that's why I stopped going there- you could only pay with cash and I would forget to stop and get $$ out of the bank!

TJ's has frozen haricot verts. And frozen artichoke hearts. When you comin' to go shoppin'? I'll even tempt you with Whole Foods.

NO MORE SPEAKING OF TJ'S!!!

There are some of us who don't get to visit there and you only make us jealous drooling fools wishing we could go!:eek: :eek:

Kelly, I can send you the link to their just-released end of summer flyer. mmm.... mojito salmon... You're invited to come to my house and we can go shop. :)

pssst Ann, I'm whispering so Kelly can't hear! I am busy EVERY stinking weekend until September 22nd.........and I'm SUPPOSED to go to a Car Show that day....wonder if I can get out of it?

HEY KELLY! DOWN HERE! LOOK DOWN HERE!

The Aldi's here takes Debit Cards - just not credit cards or checks.

I wanna! I wanna! <can you picture me laying on the floor beating my fists?>

Humph. Stinking too long of a drive.

KellyTheChef said:
I wanna! I wanna! <can you picture me laying on the floor beating my fists?>

Humph. Stinking too long of a drive.

Where is Hartville? Ann is over near Detroit - and I live on the West Coast of MI - so I'm driving 3 hours to get there (and JAE if I can get her to come too).........

You guys make me laugh!

Becky~
Glad to hear Aldi's is slowly moving into the current century!

There is a HUGE discount store chain here in Ohio (and PA I think...) called Marc's. They only take cash, personal checks, and in the last year or so started taking Discover. The owner would never take credit cards cuz they charge a % of the amount they were used for. So, in order to keep prices low, he doesn't take them. Discover must have made him a sweet deal!

psst, Becky... sounds good to me. I have a 7pm show on the 22nd, but we can do a lot of damage before I need to head to it. :)

Where in OH is Hartville, Kelly? I could google it, but I'm feeling lazy.

ChefBeckyD said:
Where is Hartville? Ann is over near Detroit - and I live on the West Coast of MI - so I'm driving 3 hours to get there (and JAE if I can get her to come too).........
I am an hour south of Cleveland, Ohio

Ann- I see you are incognito again...your little circle claims you are offline!

:)

pfft! No problem! You can drive up, go shopping with us, observe my show and I'll even let you spend the night. Then the whole trip is a write-off!

KellyTheChef said:
You guys make me laugh!

Becky~
Glad to hear Aldi's is slowly moving into the current century!

There is a HUGE discount store chain here in Ohio (and PA I think...) called Marc's. They only take cash, personal checks, and in the last year or so started taking Discover. The owner would never take credit cards cuz they charge a % of the amount they were used for. So, in order to keep prices low, he doesn't take them. Discover must have made him a sweet deal!

Discover charges less per transaction than the others - always has.....I don't know if Sams Club is still this way - but Discover used to be the only card you could use there. At Costco, the only CC you can use is AmEx.

KellyTheChef said:
Ann- I see you are incognito again...your little circle claims you are offline!

:)
I haven't changed it back. It's sorta fun being able to sneak around.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ...

chefann said:
pfft! No problem! You can drive up, go shopping with us, observe my show and I'll even let you spend the night. Then the whole trip is a write-off!
OK, what's my round trip travel time?

Round trip? 5 to 6 hours, probably. My cousin's in Akron and it's about 2 one-way for her.

Oh! That's not so bad...

Now to get hubby to watch the little one so I can go play!

BTW- I am checking out the stealth mode, too! LOL Let's see if I did it right!

Oops! Mine is red...why is your's grey?

Yours is red because it's you. That's how mine looks to me. Yours is currently blue/grey, just like people who aren't logged in.

Doh!

Boy have we HI-JACKED this thread to oblivion!! :)

I was thinking that several posts ago.

We now return this thread to its regularly scheduled topic.

When the grill press and panini recipe was released last year, I promptly put a panini recipe on my choice list thinking it is simple.

Well. It's simple when you have a party of TWO. Otherwise, way to time intensive to get them done for a crowd.

I love making the chocolate cherry skillet cake with hot fudge icing. I get bookings for cookware and I sell a lot of microplanes.
b

I did paninis for a group last fall, and it was OK. There were about 6-8 people there. Made 4 panini, and just cut them into quarters.

yeah marcs is great we do shop at aldi is there a marcs close to you kelly

Related to Recipes You Would Make/Would Never Demo

What are the top 5 most frequently asked questions about recipes at Pampered Chef?

1. What is your most popular recipe?
Our most popular recipe is the Mini Deep Dish Pizza. It's a hit among families and party guests alike.

2. Are there any vegetarian options available?
Yes, we have a variety of vegetarian recipes such as our Veggie Fajita Bowl and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers.

3. Can your recipes be easily adjusted for dietary restrictions?
Absolutely! We have many recipes that can be adjusted for gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan diets.

4. How long do your recipes typically take to make?
Our recipes range from quick and easy meals that can be made in under 30 minutes to more elaborate dishes that may take up to an hour.

5. Are there any recipes that you would never demo?
While we believe all of our recipes are delicious, we have had some feedback that our Chocolate Mint Silk Torte is too rich and minty for some taste preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Carissidy
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lovenpc
Replies