• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes Featuring Greek or Moroccan Rub?

In summary, the customer is looking for recipes that use these two spices. Can anyone recommend recipes?
kcjodih
Gold Member
I have a customer looking for recipes using these two spices and I personally haven't used either so I'm looking to my cheffer friends for help :) Can anyone recommend recipes they like that use these? Thanks!

Greek Cheese Torta!

the Moroccan chicken in the weekday dinners done-
YUM!

dannyzmom said:
Greek Cheese Torta!

This is a great demo because you only use the microwave to soften cream cheese and it shows lots of product!

Where can you find the recipe for the Greek Cheese Torta?

I discovered the Greek Pita Pizzas in the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook last summer and love them! The recipe doesn't call for the greek rub since we didn't have it when the cookbook was made, but I sprinkle a little on the pitas before baking and mix some with the plain yogurt that dresses the pizzas.....YUM!!

S/S 2008 Seasons Best pg 4.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Greek Cheese Torta. My 3 yo loves it too. I have made it many times for parties and for home. Leftover makes the best toasted bagel sandwich ever.
I always asked my hosts to leave the cream cheese and the and the spinach out possibly all day, so it can soften and defrost. Make sure that the spinach is chopped fine before mixing in, othervise the long strings are a little frustrating. The spinach has to be all the way defrosted, and pressed dry with paper towel, othervise the whole torta gets soggy. Pat the sun dried tomatoes dry from oil too, and finely chop. If they get the tomato without the oil, then soak it in oil before the party and pat it dry. I haven't used the pistachios, and do not miss it, also haven't toasted the bread. But a nice loaf of Sourdough Baguette sliced on an angle is a nice comliment. OH, use mix n chop to mix.

tys1031 said:
Where can you find the recipe for the Greek Cheese Torta?

Go to Consultant's corner and look under Search Recipes. It is in there. It was part of the Season's Best 2008 Recipe Collection.

I like the Greek Chicken Orzo Skillet from the Power Cooking ~ Chicken Theme Show recipe files on CC. I have made it for 2 shows and both times, it was a definite hit! The Power Cooking calls for the Make Ahead Chicken to be made with 3 lbs of chicken (because of the 3 recipes), but when I have done the Greek Chicken Orzo Skillet by itself and not in conjunction with a Power Cooking Show; I simply tell the host to purchase 1lb of chicken for the recipe.

You can "add" tools to the demo.....smooth edge can opener, easy read measuring cup & spoons, stainless steel mesh colander (for draining & rinsing the garbanzo beans), etc. Basically, for every step, I incorporate a PC product. The recipe on line showcases the 12-in skillet, but does not list other tools like our other recipes do. Even with other recipes, if I own a PC a tool that can be incorporated into any step of any recipe, I do it. The more tools the better....especially for an interactive show!

Lemony Morrocan Chicken Pitas in the Fall/Winter 2008 are really good as well...

Another thumbs up for the Saucy Moroccan Chicken in the Weekday Dinners Done! pack. It's so delicious!!

1. What is the main ingredient in Greek or Moroccan rub?

The main ingredient in Greek or Moroccan rub is a blend of herbs and spices, including oregano, thyme, and paprika for Greek rub, and cumin, coriander, and cinnamon for Moroccan rub.

2. How can I use Greek or Moroccan rub in my cooking?

Greek or Moroccan rub can be used as a dry rub for meats, mixed into marinades, sprinkled on vegetables, or added to sauces and dips for a flavorful kick.

3. Are there any other uses for Greek or Moroccan rub besides traditional Mediterranean dishes?

Yes, you can also use Greek or Moroccan rub as a seasoning for roasted potatoes, mixed into hummus or tzatziki, or as a spice blend for homemade salad dressings.

4. Can I make my own Greek or Moroccan rub at home?

Yes, you can make your own Greek or Moroccan rub by blending together the individual herbs and spices in the correct proportions. You can also find pre-made rubs at most grocery stores or online.

5. Are there any substitutions for Greek or Moroccan rub if I don't have it on hand?

If you don't have Greek or Moroccan rub, you can use a combination of dried oregano and thyme for Greek rub, and a blend of cumin, coriander, and cinnamon for Moroccan rub. You can also use Italian seasoning or curry powder as a substitute for a similar flavor profile.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The Pickler
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedDor
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
stephygurl
  • byrd1956