• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Greek Rub or Moroccan Rub Recipes

In summary, Becky is trying to come up with recipes for rubs that can be made with the sauces that come with the SB. Janet is trying to make a recipe for chicken that she will grill. Lastly, Rachel is trying to come up with a recipe for a pizza with hummus and cheese.
PamperedDor
Gold Member
Hi all -

Besides the ones that come with the SB - anyone have any good recipes for these rubs? I love greek salad so I imagine we could make dressing out of the greek, but well "Miss susie homemaker" that I am - I havent a clue - EVOO and vinegar and rub? Lets get some great recipes started - and if you have them in a word document - maybe you could post an attachment - Thanks!!

I tried using the greek cheese torta with bow tie pasta to make leftovers - it is yummy like others said! I also added a little sea salt on it when eating it with the pasta.

Ok - Janet so you used the mixture of the torta and tossed it with pasta? That sounds awesome - I love the torta recipe -its delish - never thought of using it as a meal with pasta - hmmm.

Last night, I was going to make Greek Marinated Chicken - I used 3 lemons, juiced, 1/4 cup canola oil, 1/4 cup of water, 2 Tbls. of Greek Rub, and 2 cloves of garlic crushed - and marinated the chicken in that for about 4 hours. When I stuck it in the fridge to marinate, I remembered that I had some sirloin steak in the fridge that I had bought for 1/2 price, so I threw that in there too. Then, I grilled it all.

We actually ended up having the steak for supper - it was SOOOO good! The chicken we had tonight in Greek Salads. There was leftover steak, so we will probably have Greek Steak Wraps one night this week also.

Greek Salad Dressing
1 tsp sugar
2 TBS olive oil
3 TBS red wine vinegar
1 TBS greek rub

The Moroccan is good just rubbed on chicken breasts. Grill the breasts (actual grill or grill pan). mmm.... You can eat them as-is, or cut them up and put the meat into the Creamy One Pot Pasta.

Don't forget the Greek Rub is good on veggies too!

janetupnorth said:
Don't forget the Greek Rub is good on veggies too!
It's really good on roasted asparagus!

ChefBeckyD said:
Last night, I was going to make Greek Marinated Chicken - I used 3 lemons, juiced, 1/4 cup canola oil, 1/4 cup of water, 2 Tbls. of Greek Rub, and 2 cloves of garlic crushed - and marinated the chicken in that for about 4 hours. When I stuck it in the fridge to marinate, I remembered that I had some sirloin steak in the fridge that I had bought for 1/2 price, so I threw that in there too. Then, I grilled it all.

We actually ended up having the steak for supper - it was SOOOO good! The chicken we had tonight in Greek Salads. There was leftover steak, so we will probably have Greek Steak Wraps one night this week also.
Becky, I'm impressed with those measurements. I could actually follow that recipe for dinner tomorrow.:)

Becky - the steak sounds awesome - I might do that this week if the rain ever ends!! Keep them coming everyone!!!

Greek Hummus Pizza

1 tube Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
1 tub hummus (garlic flavor is great, found by cream cheese)
½ cup grated Colby jack cheese
2 cups romaine lettuce
½ c. sliced black olives
½ c. crumbled feta cheese (found in meat area by specialty cheese)
3 T red wine vinegar
2 T olive oil
1 T Pampered Chef Greek rub
1 t. sugar

Roll out pizza crust on large round stone and bake according to package directions until desired doneness. While still warm, spread container of hummus over crust and top with grated Colby jack cheese. Cheese will melt immediately. Wash and spin dry romaine lettuce. Chop with salad choppers. Combine dressing ingredients in the measure mix and pour container. Lightly dress lettuce and toss. Sprinkle over pizza. Top with sliced black olives and crumbled feta cheese. Slice with pizza cutter into 8 slices. Enjoy.

1. What is the main difference between Greek Rub and Moroccan Rub?

Greek Rub typically contains flavors such as oregano, lemon, and garlic, while Moroccan Rub often includes spices like cumin, paprika, and cinnamon. Both blends add a unique and delicious flavor to dishes, but the specific ingredients and ratios used in each vary.

2. Can I use Greek or Moroccan Rub on any type of meat?

Yes, both Greek and Moroccan Rub can be used on a variety of meats, including chicken, beef, lamb, and fish. They can also be used on vegetables, grains, and in dips and sauces for added flavor.

3. How do I use Greek or Moroccan Rub in my cooking?

You can use Greek or Moroccan Rub as a dry rub, applying it to meat or vegetables before grilling, roasting, or pan-frying. It can also be mixed with olive oil to create a marinade or added to soups, stews, and sauces for an extra kick of flavor.

4. Are there any specific recipes I can use with Greek or Moroccan Rub?

Yes, there are many delicious recipes that incorporate Greek or Moroccan Rub. Some popular options include Greek-style grilled chicken skewers, Moroccan-spiced lamb chops, or Greek-style roasted vegetables. You can also get creative and use the rub in dishes like hummus, couscous, or even as a seasoning for popcorn.

5. Is Greek or Moroccan Rub gluten-free?

Most Greek and Moroccan Rubs are gluten-free, but it is always important to check the ingredients list or consult with the manufacturer to be sure. Some blends may contain added ingredients that could contain gluten, so it is best to double-check before using in your cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
muffetts
  • natural