• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Review: Garlic and Herb Tenderloin (29 Mins to Dinner)

This sounds like it'd be along those lines.Ladies if you have a Ralph's Market (Kroger) they have a special add for Friday 2/13 4pm till midnight, whole beef tenderloin at $5.99 per pound. This is a fabulous price and well worth the purchase, (they allow you to buy 2).Really, really good!!! I made it with Porterhouse steak @ $4.99 pound. I used the lite garlic & herb...
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
one word: DELICIOUS!!!!!

First off, I didn't realize that Beef Tenderloin was another name for :eek: Filet Mignon :eek: and at $17.99/pound I wasn't willing to buy it to try a recipe. I used Top Sirloin Filet instead ($6.99/pound). OMG this was so so so so GOOD!!! I can only imagine the heavenly taste of making this recipe with filet mignon. DH said I could make this weekly and it would be okay by him.

Girl - you just sold me on it - guess whats for dinner tommorrow night!

Hmmm, might have to try that one out.

oh, come on, it's a tax deduction--spring for the filet! :)Can't wait to try it now that I like food again.

DebbieJ said:
oh, come on, it's a tax deduction--spring for the filet! :)

Can't wait to try it now that I like food again.

Ya Deb - you get going! Its the only time you are allowed to get "chubby" - take it for all its worth and have fun with it!!

DebbieJ said:
oh, come on, it's a tax deduction--spring for the filet! :)

Can't wait to try it now that I like food again.

Absolutely!!!! I'm writing off so many groceries right now....and my family is loving suffering through them.

So far everything I have made from this cookbook is fabulous! I'm planning to send the test kitchen an email about it. I redict this book to be the best seller ever.

pamperedlinda said:
Absolutely!!!!
So far everything I have made from this cookbook is fabulous! I'm planning to send the test kitchen an email about it. I redict this book to be the best seller ever.

Really? I only found 2 or 3 recipes that I want to try! My director thought the recipes looked a little too "frou-frou" (or however you spell it)!

Okay - I've been trying to figure out what to make for Valentines Day dinner - I think this may be it. (if DH is feeling well enough to enjoy it!)

Sounds great, I have some deer loin might havet to try it on that.

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - I've been trying to figure out what to make for Valentines Day dinner - I think this may be it. (if DH is feeling well enough to enjoy it!)

You have to make the Cheesy Mashed Potatoes to go with it too. I actually cooked them on the stove instead of the mocrowave though.

stacie
let me know how the deer loin is? I have a freezer full of deer meat!
karlene

Now I am curious, I don't have the cookbook, I can't wait to get it. Any way someone can post this recipe?

pamperedlinda said:
You have to make the Cheesy Mashed Potatoes to go with it too. I actually cooked them on the stove instead of the mocrowave though.

We made this Saturday night and did the potatoes in the microwave using the rice cooker and mashed them right in the cooker with the mix and chop - my guests were SO impressed -- with the taste, the tools and the short amount of time that I needed to get dinner on the table. I agree that this cookbook will be a winner!!

Tenderloin is much cheaper at warehouse clubs (Costco, Sam's) than at the regular grocery store. You have to buy a whole one, but you can clean it yourself (take off the silverskin), cut it into steaks and freeze them. The trimmings can be used for steak sandwiches (Good Eats did a 2-episode set on trimming a tenderloin, with recipes). It's actually an affordable treat when you buy it that way.

That one caught my eye. Can't wait to try it:)

I don't have this book - would you mind posting the recipe? Thank you!!

Stampaholic1961 said:
My director thought the recipes looked a little too "frou-frou" (or however you spell it)!

Try to get past the idea of the recipes being 'frou-frou' and your taste buds will have an epiphany! It's the perceived frou-frou parts that take the flavor to the next level. DH and I love this cookbook...he's giving me a lot of 'I hope you make this again soon' comments.

Hmmmm....I've got some sirloin I was trying to figure out what to do with, now I think I'll have to try this!! Love that everyone is posting these!!

I'm curious to try it too...I make a Bourbon Cream Sauce for tenderloin and the meat rub is olive oil, rosemary and garlic...This sounds like it'd be along those lines.

Ladies if you have a Ralph's Market (Kroger) they have a special add for Friday 2/13 4pm till midnight, whole beef tenderloin at $5.99 per pound. This is a fabulous price and well worth the purchase, (they allow you to buy 2).

Really, really good!!! I made it with Porterhouse steak @ $4.99 pound. I used the lite garlic & herb cheese.;)

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! This was so good. My husband always comments "uugh" when I eat my steaks medium rare, so I thought he wouldn't dare touch this one. Boy, was I wrong. I purchase a whole tenderlion at Kaputo's in Naperville,IL a few weeks ago. A friend convinced me that I couldn't pass it up at $7.99 a pound. I prepared half of the tenderlion and made six pieces. I also used the light garlic and herb cheese spread. Oh well, no left overs tonight.

Janice Stroud said:
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! This was so good. My husband always comments "uugh" when I eat my steaks medium rare, so I thought he wouldn't dare touch this one. Boy, was I wrong. I purchase a whole tenderlion at Kaputo's in Naperville,IL a few weeks ago. A friend convinced me that I couldn't pass it up at $7.99 a pound. I prepared half of the tenderlion and made six pieces. I also used the light garlic and herb cheese spread. Oh well, no left overs tonight.

Question about this recipe, due to what you said along with the picture, can this recipe be cooked well done? I don't like any meat that is not well done! Yuck!

wadesgirl said:
Question about this recipe, due to what you said along with the picture, can this recipe be cooked well done? I don't like any meat that is not well done! Yuck!

I cooked mine to more of a Med-Well doneness. I don't like rare either.

pamperedlinda said:
I cooked mine to more of a Med-Well doneness. I don't like rare either.

Okay good! DH is the only person who can cook a steak just the way I love it. I cannot stand hardly any pink in my steak. But when you tell people you want your steak well done they usually CHAR it! DH can make my steak well done but also still very juicy!

Please have mercy and share the recipe!!!!

Here ya go enjoy :D

Attachments

• Garlic & herb tenderloin.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 367
Oh yeah, forgot the potatoes;
Cheesy mashed potatoes:
Place 1 lb unpeeled red potatoes cut into 1 in pieces, 1 ½ cps water and ½ tsp (2 mL) salt in large micro cooker. Cook on high 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain & mash potatoes. Add ½ cp of the sauce and ¼ cp snipped fresh chives & mash again.
:)

Whole in bag tenderloin - $2.99/lb. this week here - YEAH! I splurged and got 2 bags for a total of $20. Froze one whole, just trimmed and cut up the other. I got about 14 good sized portions out of it. Of course, DH and I will eat 2 portions apiece of tenderloin.Now maybe I'll try this recipe...I like my own recipe though...rosemary, garlic and olive oil rub for seasoning tenderloin...Bourbon Cream Sauce for over it...Hard to beat or try another!

The sauce from the cookbook doesn't reheat well. Just an FYI. DH and I had the leftovers for dinner last night, and the sauce is a little grainy when it reheats. It might have survived better if I had reheated it in a double boiler instead of the microwave (even though I did reheat it on medium).

wadesgirl said:

Rare to Medium Rare is the correct way to cook Tenderloin.

Made this last night....it was Wonderful! Stew Leonards had a sale on Filet Mignon...YUMMO! DH did say that his favorite sauce is blood & butter, so I guess he won't want this again. Oh Well.....:rolleyes:

confusedturtle said:
Here ya go enjoy :D

And ONLY --- 11 WW points (without the cheesy potatoes) :eek:

1. Can I use a different cut of meat instead of beef tenderloin for this recipe?

Yes, you can certainly use a different cut of meat. In fact, the original recipe calls for filet mignon, but the author substituted with top sirloin filet and still had great results.

2. Is the cost of beef tenderloin worth it for this recipe?

While beef tenderloin is known for its tenderness and flavor, it can be expensive. However, the recipe has been tried and tested with cheaper cuts of meat, such as top sirloin filet, and still yielded delicious results.

3. How long does it take to prepare this recipe?

The recipe claims to take only 29 minutes to make, hence the title "29 Mins to Dinner". However, this may vary depending on individual cooking skills and kitchen equipment.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it later?

While the recipe can be made ahead of time, it is best enjoyed fresh as reheating may cause the meat to become tough and lose its flavor. If you do need to reheat, it is recommended to do so on low heat and for a short amount of time.

5. What makes this recipe so delicious?

The combination of garlic and herbs, along with the tender cut of beef, is what makes this recipe so delicious. The flavors meld together perfectly and create a mouthwatering dish that is sure to please everyone at the dinner table.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
nldavis321
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda