• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Idea for Party in a Hair Salon

In summary, the host is having her daughter's birthday party at her salon and is also using this as a party for her PC clients. There are suggestions for desserts to make, but the host is hesitant to turn her daughter's birthday party into a Pampered Chef show. There are two possible ice cream themes, one using stones to mix the ice cream and one using cupcakes with various toppings. Neither of these sound like what the host wants for her daughter's birthday party. There is also the option of a sundae or cupcake show. The host is unsure if she wants her daughter's birthday party to be a PC show or not, but she is open to
lt1jane
Gold Member
I have a host who is going to have her party in her salon. She's also using this as her daughter's birthday party. (She's a teenager and not that thrilled that her birthday party is also a PC party.)

Any suggestions for desserts to make? I don't know what kind of facilites are at the salon.

TIA

Some kind of trifle

yes, my first suggestion was the Chocolate Banana Creme Trifle, she isn't a banana person. I will be suggesting the Strawberry-Coconut Tres Leches trifle too.

Any other tried and true trifles that would be good?

Coffee Show....speaking as a mom of two girls (22 & 19), she's gonna love it!!!

Attachments

• Coffee Show Recipe.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 490
I think I'd be mad if my Mom turned my birthday party into a Pampered Chef Show too!If the have a freezer large enough a stone - do a sundae show! The concept of cold stone. Let them chop various toppings, grate chocolate, slice fruits (with the egg slicer) etc.Or a cupcake show! Have the cupcakes pre-made & just a decorating station with various toppings.Are you SURE she wants this to be a PC show? Or is she just looking at you as the caterer/entertainment???

lt1jane said:
yes, my first suggestion was the Chocolate Banana Creme Trifle, she isn't a banana person. I will be suggesting the Strawberry-Coconut Tres Leches trifle too.

Any other tried and true trifles that would be good?

The Lime Berry Mousse Trifle from a few season's back was really good too!

Sheila said:
I think I'd be mad if my Mom turned my birthday party into a Pampered Chef Show too!

If the have a freezer large enough a stone - do a sundae show! The concept of cold stone. Let them chop various toppings, grate chocolate, slice fruits (with the egg slicer) etc.

Or a cupcake show! Have the cupcakes pre-made & just a decorating station with various toppings.

Are you SURE she wants this to be a PC show? Or is she just looking at you as the caterer/entertainment???

the whole thing sounds strange to me, but if you are going to do it, I like Sheila's idea of make your own sundae or cupcakes. After all it is a teen party. If you have the MFP, you can make the strawberry ice but just use it as a topping over ice cream - my teen's new favorite dessert.

I've done Ice Cream parties before and I just got my MFP, so that's a really good idea. Something I can go to her with.

I totally get her daughter's not being thrilled. Mom in planning on inviting her clients and (hopefully) this will be my biggest party yet.

I never thought of using my stones to mix the ice cream though. I usually use by batter bowls. Either way, I can stick them in the freezer at home and transport them in a cooler. I think the ice cream theme may be a winner. Mom had already promised there would still be cake.

And no, I don't think mom is looking for a caterer. She is definitely a careful budgeter and wants to earn free products (and possibly get her daughter's parents to think about her services next time they make a hair appoitment - her specialty is ethnic hair)

People who love Cold Stone Creamery will LOVE mixing their ice cream on our stones! ;) If you have the rectangle (no sides/handles), that one works easiest, but you can make any of the flatter stones work. Bar Pan, round stone with handles, etc. But fresh out of the freezer works best! So if they have a regular sized fridge, tell her to make room for the stone(s) so that they are super cold when it comes time to do the demo.

Oh, and the lava cake would go great with the ice cream...

Sheila said:
Or a cupcake show! Have the cupcakes pre-made & just a decorating station with various toppings.

Another idea with this... you could use the apple corer and hallow out center and create fun cream centers or ice cream in center use the decorator to fill them with fun stuff ...

1. What types of recipes would be suitable for a party in a hair salon?

For a party in a hair salon, it's best to stick with simple and easy-to-eat finger foods. Some great options include mini quiches, fruit skewers, and vegetable platters with dip. These types of recipes are easy to prepare and won't create a mess for guests to worry about while getting their hair done.

2. Can you suggest any recipes that are specifically themed for a hair salon party?

One fun and creative idea would be to make mini cupcakes with hair-themed decorations on top, such as tiny combs or scissors made out of fondant. Another option could be to serve "hair-raising" cocktails with colorful straws that look like hair extensions.

3. Are there any recipes that would accommodate dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! It's always important to consider any dietary restrictions when planning a party. Some great options for a hair salon party could include gluten-free crackers and hummus, vegetarian spring rolls, or dairy-free smoothies.

4. How can I make the recipes visually appealing for a party in a hair salon?

Presentation is key when it comes to food at a party. You can make simple recipes look more visually appealing by using colorful platters and garnishes, such as fresh herbs or edible flowers. You could also use hair salon-themed serving dishes or plates to tie in with the theme.

5. Can I prepare the recipes ahead of time for a hair salon party?

Absolutely! In fact, it's recommended to do as much preparation beforehand as possible so you can enjoy the party without being stuck in the kitchen. Many finger food recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to serve. Just be sure to follow proper food safety guidelines when storing and reheating the dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef-in-Training
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • PampItUp
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SarahN17