• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Help for Kids in the Kitchen Show

In summary, Michelle is doing a Kids in the Kitchen show where she will mostly be using the DCB for the recipes. She wants to use the microwave and was wondering if anyone had tried this. She is also going to give each child a My Safe Cutter.
lrice
I'm doing a Kids in the Kitchen show where the kids will mostly be 9 year olds. I want to use the DCB for the recipe. We're doing lunch and the host was thinking she wanted a turkey breast. I wanted to use the microwave. Has anyone tried this??? Also, I was going to give each child a My Safe Cutter. Would that be age appropriate?

Hmm a turkey breast for a kids' show huh?

I haven't made a turkey breast in the DCB but I don't see why you couldn't. Depending on the size I'd treat it similar to cooking chicken breasts (obviously you'll need more time for a whole turkey breast though).

And I think a Safe Cutter would be appropriate. I have a customer who uses the Quikut Paring Knives for her 8 year old but those are pretty sharp. Right size for their hands, but still pretty dang sharp for a kid.

thanks michelle, I'll order the safe cutters today. I just wanted to be sure they would be age appropriate.

One of the top sellers in our overall cluster does Chicken Fajitas in the DCB-- why not slice that turkey breast into 1/2" thick slices, layer it over some strips of onion, green pepper that you press (or slice) fresh garlic, and add some Chipoltle Rub or Southwest Seasoning, drizzle the whole thing with a tablespoon of oil, and microwave for 20-22 minutes until the turkey (chicken?) is completely cooked.Apparently you serve this with the Salad Choppers and encourage folks to dig in and chop up the meat/pepper/onion together, then take some out and scoop it onto tortillas. While it is cooking, you could wow folks with an instant salsa of tomatoes, garlic, onion, lime zest, cilantro maybe tomatillos all chopped with the Salad Choppers, and you've had quite a show!The kids would like the 'nacho bar' aspect of the show, the moms would like chopping the meat/veggies and knowing their kids were getting awesome healthy food.

I am doing one tonight. I am doing the fajitas in the magic pot, while the kids will help me create fruit cups with apples, strawberries,blueberries, kiwi and bananas. I am going spin the berries in the salad and berry spinner ( the little ones LOVE to pump the handle) and of course wedge the apples and cut the rest of the fruit with the egg slicer plus. They can all do that as well. Then the kids will stir the fruit together in one of the stainless mixing bowls ( helloooo host special for July!)
The kids at this show are in the 3-6 years of age range, so I believe this is age appropriate and will show the moms just how much these products will allow the kids to help. I am also going to let them take turns turning the handle on the RG to grate the cheese. Because the host is a friend of mine, I am also taking my 4 year old daughter to help. She is soooo excited.

1. How can I involve my child in the kitchen?

One way to involve your child in the kitchen is by giving them age-appropriate tasks such as mixing ingredients, measuring ingredients, or setting the table. You can also have them help choose recipes and let them take the lead in preparing the dish.

2. What are some easy and fun recipes to make with kids?

There are many simple and enjoyable recipes that kids can help make, such as pizza, tacos, smoothie bowls, and fruit kabobs. You can also have them create their own personalized sandwiches or decorate cupcakes.

3. How can I make cooking with my child educational?

Cooking with your child can be a great learning experience. You can teach them about different ingredients, measurements, kitchen safety, and the importance of following instructions. You can also incorporate math skills by having them measure and count ingredients.

4. What are some healthy recipes that kids will enjoy?

There are many nutritious and delicious recipes that kids will love, such as veggie-packed pasta, homemade granola bars, and fruit smoothies. You can also involve them in making homemade versions of their favorite snacks, like fruit roll-ups or popcorn.

5. How can I make cooking with my child a fun and stress-free experience?

To make cooking with your child enjoyable and stress-free, make sure to choose simple recipes that they can easily help with. Also, have them wear an apron and chef's hat to make them feel like a real chef. Make it a fun experience by playing music and letting them taste test along the way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
shelly.nurse
  • ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies