1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Receipts in the New Web

1. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

This may have been answered someplace else and I should really remember, but do I click 'send receipt' before I transmit the show? Or will the option to send receipts be there after I transmit the show?

Jul 31, 2014
  2. byrd1956

I found my answer after searching on the web. I read: "When the Show has been submitted to Home Office, customers receive an email to let them know. That email includes this line: "If you paid by credit card, your card has now been charged.""
    So I take it that means an e-mail will automatically go to the customer when the show is submitted. :)

Jul 31, 2014
  3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

You need to send them a receipt. They will also get an email from the website when you submit the show informing them that now their order is getting processed, etc., but it doesn't include their receipt. You can e-mail it to them after you submit a show, too. You can also cc: the receipt, so if you don't have someone's email and you created an alternative one using a phone number/name/etc, you can then send one to the host.

Aug 2, 2014
  4. byrd1956

I know this is rather old, but what is everyone telling their hosts/customers to get them to give you their e-mail address? (The home office uses your e-mail address to send your receipt and keep track of your purchases unless their are any problems in the future.)??

Nov 1, 2014
  5. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

This is the one thing I really hate about the new website. We need a way to print just the receipt--no email attached. I'm closing a catalog show with an Amish woman. It's bad enough that there's extra stuff to print, but very little in the email applies to these women.

As for your question, byrd1956, there's not much you can say to someone who doesn't have an email address. Except for this Amish group, for the most part if I don't have an email address they don't get a receipt. They have my contact info if they have a problem.

Nov 6, 2014
  6. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Senior Member Gold Member

Agree with you Rae. What you can print looks nothing like a receipt and is VERY difficult to read because of the choice in ink color. Give us access to a one page receipt that looks like a receipt. Can't really be that big of a deal!

Nov 7, 2014
    raebates likes this.
  7. byrd1956

I had been printing receipts on P3 paper for those without e-mails. With my last show I decided to send the receipts to the host for those without an e-mail. I used the 'print or send to additional e-mail addresses', put in the hosts' e-mail and in the subject put "xxx's reciept/please print and add to their order". Not sure how the host will feel about this, but thought I would give it a try and then message her on FB to watch for the receipts. She will have to print five. What does everyone think? Should I just have printed them and mailed them to her. (Already spent lots on mailing her host packet and over 40 invitations with only 5 people attending and only 2 ordering at the show. It is an under $300 show so I thought I would try to save somewhere. Is this wrong of me?

Dec 11, 2014
  8. raebates

Nothing wrong with that at all, byrd1956. I hate that we don't have a simple printable receipt available. I've asked for that time and again from the HO. I encourage everyone to make this request. Maybe some day they'll listen. Not everyone has/uses email. And, asking us to print several pages for each receipt or hand-copy receipts for each order is ridiculous.

Dec 12, 2014
    babywings76 likes this.
  9. byrd1956

To be honest I could not remember if I ever shared my feelings with the home office, so I just did. I figure it wouldn't hurt for them to hear it a second time if I had. I have not heard from my host as to if she wished I had not sent them to her. I am going to send her the brownie pan recipe booklet and tell her to share it with the other ladies that ordered but do not have e-mail, much less a computer. I did not want to print out that many pages to mail.....

Dec 13, 2014
    raebates likes this.
  10. byrd1956

I think I should remember this, but can't. Before a show is transferred I click to send receipt. Once a show is transferred do the customers automatically get an e-mail telling the show has been transmitted to the home office?
    or do I need to click send second receipt. Thanks for your help.

Apr 8, 2015
  11. raebates

The emails are automatically sent.

Apr 9, 2015
  12. byrd1956

Thanks Rae. I certainly didn't want to click send receipt and find out they have gotten 3 total. I'm sure some people would feel pestered.

Apr 9, 2015
Have something to add?