• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Receipt Space with P3's Smart Printing Options

but that's how it looks to me.The top margin could be changed, Sales Receipt Guest (or host) is unnecessary since it already is named Sales Receipt, and it would be nice if the Total area was across the bottom.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Anyone else bothered by the fact that P3 uses sooooooooo much paper when printing receipts?

If you have more than 5 items listed, it goes to a second piece of paper!

I just wrote to HO and suggested that they make the information "boxes" smaller and allowed for more products to fit onto one receipt paper. I also suggested a way for us to add a comment to all of the receipts, such as "Thank you for helping Suzy host reach her goal! Because of you, she was able to pick out over $215 in FREE products! Please let me know if you would like a FREE SHOPPING SPREE!!"

I agree with all of that. I suppose anyone who agrees should also write to HO. The paper thing really bothers me. One sheet of paper should be enough. It's so wasteful. Nobody wants two pages worth of receipt either. The comment thing is a good idea. I just hand write "thank you" and circle my website on all my receipts.

I havent been bothered about the paperr useage but that is a great idea about being able to write the thank you note on the bottom. Great idea. How do I go about making that suggestion also.

I have to agree with you. It seems most difficult for the hostess to keep up with mulitple pages of the invoice. And adding a line or two to personalize it sounds great. I usually write it.. but that would be much easier. Way to go!!

That would be AWESOME if we could put that on there. I LOVE that idea!!!!

I agree.
I have been cheating and only printing page 1 (the one w/ all the items) on the receipt from PC, and printing page 2 on regular paper.
I would love it they would put the receipts in word format instead of pdf. Same for the reports. 10 customers to a page is way too much to print and store.

I am not bothered by it, some hosts have commented on the amount of receipts but I stress the importance of saving it for warranty info.

Jennie4PC said:
I havent been bothered about the paperr useage but that is a great idea about being able to write the thank you note on the bottom. Great idea. How do I go about making that suggestion also.

On CC
Managing your business
Home office contacts
Home office emails
choose to email the Pampered Partner office

This will pull up a generic "form" that you fill out that goes to HO instead of a "normal" email....

laurichef said:
I would love it they would put the receipts in word format instead of pdf. Same for the reports. 10 customers to a page is way too much to print and store.
Word format wouldn't necessarily be readable by all consultants, since not everyone has Word. However, Acrobat Reader is a free download, so everyone can open PDF files. Additionally, PDFs are (generally) not editable, so an unscrupulous consultant can't change data on the receipts before printing them.

KellyTheChef said:
Anyone else bothered by the fact that P3 uses sooooooooo much paper when printing receipts?

If you have more than 5 items listed, it goes to a second piece of paper!

I just wrote to HO and suggested that they make the information "boxes" smaller and allowed for more products to fit onto one receipt paper. I also suggested a way for us to add a comment to all of the receipts, such as "Thank you for helping Suzy host reach her goal! Because of you, she was able to pick out over $215 in FREE products! Please let me know if you would like a FREE SHOPPING SPREE!!"

I like your idea on the thank you note!! Hopefully they will listen to you because I think many of us would agree.

Humble Beginnings said:
I like your idea on the thank you note!! Hopefully they will listen to you because I think many of us would agree.

Make sure you write to them too!

If enough of us suggest something, PC takes it seriously and usually will look into it for us!

Thank you for this. It bugs me too. It's wasteful! Plus, I'm buying the receipts to print on and don't appreciate having to buy twice as much (no matter what they cost). I've suggested this too...but should have mentioned it here. Obviously, there is power in numbers and it's something they can fix at ANYTIME.They could change the top margin b/c it's down further than necessary. Plus, Sales Receipt Guest (or host) is unnecessary since it already is named Sales Receipt. It'd be nice if they could put the Total area across the bottom. I know that doesn't make sense in that it should be vertical, but it would sure add a lot of space! Or make it a tad smaller. After all, they've already paid and don't need that info as much as the product info. The actual payment area is smaller.Obviously, I've been annoyed by this too. Off to email them...again!

Yes! It totally bugs me too--I'll email them as well.

If you changed your printer settings to allow for a wider margin, would that help?

Just a thought...

Kitchen Diva said:
If you changed your printer settings to allow for a wider margin, would that help?

Just a thought...

It shouldn't, since it's a pdf. The most adjusting the margins should do is slightly shrink or grow the page all over.

I actually really like that it goes to PDF, but I agree that it is frustrating how much room is left blank on a "full" page!

laurichef said:
I agree.
I have been cheating and only printing page 1 (the one w/ all the items) on the receipt from PC, and printing page 2 on regular paper.

I agree! And I've been cheating too! One sheet plain paper!

laurichef said:
I agree.

That is a good idea, but I am lazy! :eek:

Honestly...that's just too much for me to mess with. I just hit print receipts and print them all out so I don't pay attention to who's receipts are more than one page till it's done. Then, as I go through and stamp them with my Thank You stamp with the chef's hat THAT is when I see it. I staple them together at that time, so the host doesn't miss that they belong together.

I totally agree!
There's more that enough room on the sheet for all of the sale info to be on one page.

chefann said:
Word format wouldn't necessarily be readable by all consultants, since not everyone has Word. However, Acrobat Reader is a free download, so everyone can open PDF files. Additionally, PDFs are (generally) not editable, so an unscrupulous consultant can't change data on the receipts before printing them.

I guess I never thought about not everyone having word. How selfish of me :blushing: !

Change data? :eek: It never occurred to me that that would happen. I guess PC is covering all bases.

I am glad I am not the only one that thinks this. Are we allowed to make copies of the receipt form and then print the recipt on it? I am only asking as I am almost of the receipt paper.

I typed a Thank you in word and then once I print the recipts I go back and send them through the printer again to have the thank you put on it. Takes more time, but it is better than writing it.

heather223 said:
I am glad I am not the only one that thinks this. Are we allowed to make copies of the receipt form and then print the recipt on it? I am only asking as I am almost of the receipt paper.

I typed a Thank you in word and then once I print the recipts I go back and send them through the printer again to have the thank you put on it. Takes more time, but it is better than writing it.

If I run out of P3 receipt paper, I will print the receipts, then send them back through and print just the "back" of the outside order form on them! Uses more ink, but it gets me through till my supply order comes in!

BTW- I never thought to just run them through and add a note myself! Doh! Great idea!!

Here is the Thank You I use. (If it is a 2 page receipt, I just print it on the second page.)

Attachments

• Receipt Thank you.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 495
heather223 said:
Are we allowed to make copies of the receipt form and then print the recipt on it? I am only asking as I am almost of the receipt paper.

I don't know if there's a rule about it, but I do.
But you have to be sure to buy a new pack every season to make sure you get any updates they've made.

Here is the reply I got! Cool!

Kelly,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. This is a known issue, and our developers are currently looking into the problem.

Jonathan Field
Pampered Chef Technical Support
1-888-687-2433
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

Thanks for emailing them Kelly.

1. Why does P3 use so much paper?

As a company, we are committed to sustainability and reducing our environmental impact. We understand that our packaging may seem excessive, but we use specific types of paper that are either recyclable or made from sustainable materials.

2. Can I recycle the paper packaging from P3?

Yes, all of our paper packaging is recyclable. We encourage our customers to recycle or reuse the packaging whenever possible to reduce waste.

3. Does P3 offer any alternatives to paper packaging?

We are constantly exploring new packaging options to reduce our paper usage. Currently, we offer reusable silicone bags and containers as alternatives to paper packaging for some of our products.

4. How does P3 ensure the sustainability of their paper packaging?

We work closely with our suppliers to source paper from sustainable forests and use eco-friendly production methods. We also have a team dedicated to finding innovative ways to reduce our environmental impact.

5. What can I do as a customer to help reduce P3's paper usage?

You can help us in our sustainability efforts by recycling or reusing our paper packaging, and by choosing our products with reusable packaging options when available. You can also share your ideas and feedback with us on how we can further reduce our paper usage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JAE
  • Omarakeen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Wildfire