• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recalling Uses for Pink Nylon Knife - Can You Help?

In summary, the pink nylon knife is designed for use with nonstick cookware and can be used to cut cheesecake or pie. It is flexible enough to bend and get under the piece you want to serve.
KellyRedHead
I remember there were some suggestions for what or how to use the Pink Nylon Knife that is offered in May. I can't remember what was mentioned.

Can anyone refresh my memory?

Thanks-
Kelly

Lettuce, sandwiches, soft fruits

Can it be used on our cook ware or is it to sharp? It not that soft is it?:confused:

I also someone saying (now that you mentioned lettuce) it doesn't brown the lettuce when you use this.

Also SA it won't scrach it

Brownies, cake...

Also good for letting kids to use since not sharp like a metal knife and to pack for picnics.

KellyRedHead said:
I also someone saying (now that you mentioned lettuce) it doesn't brown the lettuce when you use this.

No, your lettuce won't brown using a knife like this. (Which really made me question the salad chopper. :eek:) I learned the hard way about lettuce as a teenager. :eek: I was working at a local restaurant and my duty was to shred lettuce for the salads. :eek: Well, it was taking so long (Because I had to shred ALOT of lettuce) and I got to looking around. The knife that I was using for tomatoes caught my eye and Voila! I thought that would save me ALOT of time. :rolleyes: Needless to say, the lettuce had to be thrown out the next day and I don't think I worked there very much longer after that. LOL :rolleyes: :eek: :p

At my cluster meeting someone mentioned that it is perfect to cut open meat to check for doneness because it is sharp enough to cut the meat, but won't harm the cookware.

hoosierchef said:
No, your lettuce won't brown using a knife like this. (Which really made me question the salad chopper. :eek:) I learned the hard way about lettuce as a teenager. :eek: I was working at a local restaurant and my duty was to shred lettuce for the salads. :eek: Well, it was taking so long (Because I had to shred ALOT of lettuce) and I got to looking around. The knife that I was using for tomatoes caught my eye and Voila! I thought that would save me ALOT of time. :rolleyes: Needless to say, the lettuce had to be thrown out the next day and I don't think I worked there very much longer after that. LOL :rolleyes: :eek: :p

OK, I have never heard of this. Can someone please break it down for me?

Thanks!

When you cut up lettuce using a metal knife, it does something and the lettuce will begin to brown where you have cut it. Using a nylon knife, the lettuce is not exposed to the metal, so it doesn't brown.

Now, using the salad chopper is fine when you are going to make a salad and then eat it right away. Where you have problems with browning is when you want to cut it and store it.

When I want lettuce for sandwiches/salads I buy the 3 pack of Romaine lettuce. Wash it and cut it into large sandwich size pieces (you can leave it wet) and then put it either into a bowl filled with water or into a large ziploc with moist papertowels in it. It will keep fresh for quite a few days like this! If you need it for a salad, just chop up the amount that you need! Using our nylon knife for this will eliminate brown edges!

Also, more "specifically", if using on our non-stick cookware, the nylon knife is good for grilled cheese or panini sandwiches made on our griddle or grill pan, if you want to cut them in half before serving.

KellyRedHead said:
Can it be used on our cook ware or is it to sharp? It not that soft is it?:confused:
You can use it on non-stick cookware without scratching it...

It is about as rigid as the nylon slice and serve, if you have seen that...maybe a litte sharper though.

For any long-timers out there, the pink nylon knife is just like the black one that was in the nylon tools line (that came with a fork). It's designed for use with nonstick cookware.

I like it for brownies. I bake mine with parchment in the pan, hanging over the edges so I can pull the still-warm brownies out in one piece. Then I cut them on a cutting board with a nylon knife or pizza cutter.

Another Use For The Pink Nylon Knife Is To Use It For Cutting Cheesecake Or Pie And Then Using It To Serve The Slice. It's Flexible Enough To Bend And Get Under The Piece You Want To Serve.

This may sound wierd, it did to me... I found the exact same nylon knife in my mom's tool drawer..it was not PC..I asked her where she got it and she told me the super market, and she uses it to husk corn!! Says it works great....I have never tried this bc I don't eat corn on the cob but maybe it is another use for it??

If you use it in your cookware, will it melt the knife? How heat resistant is it?

It's as heat safe as the rest of the old-style nylon tools. I think to 400-something.

Related to Recalling Uses for Pink Nylon Knife - Can You Help?

1. Can the pink nylon knife be used for cutting meat?

Yes, the pink nylon knife is safe to use for cutting meat. However, it is recommended to use a separate knife for raw meat to avoid cross-contamination.

2. Is the pink nylon knife dishwasher safe?

Yes, the pink nylon knife is dishwasher safe. However, hand washing is recommended to prolong the lifespan of the knife.

3. Can the pink nylon knife be used on non-stick cookware?

Yes, the pink nylon knife is safe to use on non-stick cookware. The nylon material will not scratch or damage the coating on the cookware.

4. How should I store the pink nylon knife?

It is recommended to store the pink nylon knife in a knife block or on a magnetic knife strip to protect the blade and prevent accidents.

5. What is the best way to sharpen the pink nylon knife?

The pink nylon knife does not need to be sharpened as it is made with a serrated edge that stays sharp. However, if you prefer a sharper edge, you can use a ceramic or diamond rod sharpener.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KivaSlade
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
flemings99
Replies