• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does P3 require internet connection for order taking?

I'm so mad! Where can I go to get change on a SUNDAY?????:(P.S. Does anyone back up on a flash drive at a show?:confused:Try a gas station or WalMart.You can get change at any grocery store with a debit card purchase.There is a Commerce Bank around the corner. Drive up is open on Sundays. But I dont think they will make change if you're not a customer...
Denarella
...Does P3 need internet service to work? In other words, I have a party tomorrow and Im taking my laptop to take orders. Will it work without internet capabilites? I have wireless internet at home and that's the only place I've used it so far so I never really thought about it until just now. I was just wondering if I could enter the orders right there and have them total for me instead of using a calculator.

Thanks!
Dena

You can take your orders on your laptop at your shows without internet. I would suggest that you load your laptop during the day before your show so that it can update anything just in case automatically. Then back it up before you leave. I do it all the time. Without internet you will NOT be able to look up any past host numbers if the host shows up without her discount number, but other than that you don't need the internet at your show.

Nanisu said:
You can take your orders on your laptop at your shows without internet. I would suggest that you load your laptop during the day before your show so that it can update anything just in case automatically. Then back it up before you leave. I do it all the time. Without internet you will NOT be able to look up any past host numbers if the host shows up without her discount number, but other than that you don't need the internet at your show.

Im sorry. What do you mean by 'load your laptop'?

I use my laptop without Internet connection all the time at shows. Before leaving for the show I start P3 up and make sure the updates load. If I'm unsure if it's updated, I just go to HELP, CHECK FOR UPDATES. I also make sure I have the show added with the host's address because this drives the sales tax info.

For the past host discount, many of the guests don't have their card with them. What I do is ask them when they last had their show so I can get a feel for if it's expired. They will often tell me who their consultant was. I let them know that I'll add their order in with a "dummy" host number so their order calculates with the discount. I also let them know that if it's expired I'll contact them with the updated total. (I haven't had to do this yet, but I'm new and it still could happen...) The dummy past host code I put in some normally "xxxx". This puts a flag on the customer that reminds me to look it up later.

Back at home, I look it up via the internet and update the record. Just yesterday I had to call the consultant because I couldn't find the customer. Turns out it was listed on "Patty" and the customer placed her order with me as "Patricia". FYI: if it's a previous host from one your parties you processed through P3, it will automatically fill in -- YIPPEEE!

I agree with the backing up part because you never know what may happen.

The other thing I read about on this site which I will now add to my laptop are the passwords -- Windows signon password and in P3. We have credit card info stored in the software so we need to make sure we're protecting that information.

The other thing that I do is make sure I have a fully charged laptop battery because sometimes I can't easily plug in at the host's house.

THat is great to know. I have just switched to P3 from PamperedPartner & was wondering the same thing. I am still learning P3. It is really different than what I have been using but like it pretty well.

Can you store you credit card info on P3?

I just assigned passwords....GREAT idea. Thank you so much for that and for the "check for updates" suggestion.

The only thing I forgot to do is get cash for change! I'm so mad! Where can I go to get change on a SUNDAY?????:(

P.S. Does anyone back up on a flash drive at a show?:confused:

Try a gas station or WalMart.

You can get change at any grocery store with a debit card purchase.

There is a Commerce Bank around the corner. Drive up is open on Sundays. But I dont think they will make change if you're not a customer...

Denarella said:
Can you store you credit card info on P3?

I just assigned passwords....GREAT idea. Thank you so much for that and for the "check for updates" suggestion.

The only thing I forgot to do is get cash for change! I'm so mad! Where can I go to get change on a SUNDAY?????:(
Yes, you can store your credit card info in P3. Under TOOLS, PREFERENCES.

1. What is a "Really Dumb P3 Question"?

A "Really Dumb P3 Question" is a common term used by Pampered Chef consultants to refer to a question that has a very obvious answer or can be easily found in the company's resources. It is also used to describe questions that have already been asked and answered multiple times.

2. Why are "Really Dumb P3 Questions" discouraged?

As a consultant, it is important to be knowledgeable about the products and services offered by Pampered Chef. Asking questions that can be easily answered through the company's resources or have already been answered can waste time and slow down the productivity of the team. It also shows a lack of effort in researching and familiarizing oneself with the company's products and processes.

3. Can I ask a "Really Dumb P3 Question" if I am new to the company?

Yes, it is understandable for new consultants to have questions about the company and its products. However, it is important to first check the company's resources and ask more experienced consultants before asking a "Really Dumb P3 Question". This shows effort and initiative in learning about the company and its products.

4. How can I avoid asking "Really Dumb P3 Questions"?

The best way to avoid asking "Really Dumb P3 Questions" is to familiarize yourself with the company's resources and products. Take advantage of training sessions and ask more experienced consultants for guidance. You can also make a list of questions and do your own research before asking them to ensure they have not already been answered.

5. What should I do if I accidentally ask a "Really Dumb P3 Question"?

If you realize that you have asked a "Really Dumb P3 Question", apologize and take note of the answer for future reference. It is important to learn from your mistakes and make an effort to avoid asking similar questions in the future. Remember to always do your own research before asking questions to avoid wasting time and resources.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmelody
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • missmindym
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • ted122781