• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potential Recruit With No Internet

In summary, Melody said that the best answer for a recruit who has no internet access is to buy a wireless card and go to places like Starbucks or Barnes and Noble to submit shows.
chefmelody
OK, here's a couple good questions for y'all. I have a potential recruit who has a laptop, but no internet access. Her laptop doesn't even have a wireless card.

1. Will she be able to run P3? I kind of doubt it, since it requires internet access to update.

2. How does she go about doing the business paper-only? I know she has to mail in all the order forms to HO, but I'm not sure what else she needs to know. I've never done this before, and my director doesn't even know how to do it.

[
Melody, I have a consultant with no internet access and she inputs her orders on her laptop and then comes over to my house and we send it from my computer. I list her shows statring with #9000 that way I don't confuse hers with mine. I input the guest name, order number, and for of payment only. Plus the hosts name and info. We change my personal info to hers for the transmission and then I switch it back after were done. Not to tough and it works for her so I'm glad to help her out. HTH PM or e-mail me if you have questions. Laurel

Does her laptop have a modem? Can she get one? Dial-up internet can be very cheap, especially if she pays for one with limited hours. I don't know if that's an option, but it's one that gets overlooked I think.

If she has a wireless card installed in her computer (or if not, she can get one for like $20) she can go to places like Barnes and Noble or Starbucks or whatever that have free high-speed internet and submit her show from a hotspot for free.

For the first year of my business I had no internet access. Your recruit can use PP to figure shows, print them out, and send them via USPS. It worked well for me.

My suggestions are...

Does she have a printer? If so Like others said she can mail in her shows. She will have to pay close attn to the dates on the callendar for mailing deadlines.

Juno is free if you use it less than 10hrs a month (I'm sure there are others as well). It only takes minutes to send a show for me and I have dial up.

You can get a wireless card for 20-50$ then like someone else said go to anywhere they have wireless to submit and update. I love going to the coffee shop to update my website. Sooo much faster and I get a little "me time"

Her laptop doesn't have a wireless card, though I suggested that she could go to a hotspot to connect if she picks one up. Where can you get them for $20? I found some USB ones for about $40 when I was looking last night.She doesn't have a printer either, unfortunately. But, even if she gets one, will P3 still be able to do this? My director didn't think that it could print out a show to send in manually.It's not really feasible for her to come over and submit her shows from my compy... she lives about 40 minutes from me, and has 4 kids as well.

None of the P3 reports are submittable. If you have the PP16 CD, she could install that so that she can print and submit. Otherwise, she'll need to do things manually (although if it were me, I'd probably enter everything in P3 so I didn't have to do the math).

I wish I had some answers for you Melody and I don't. I have someone who doesn't have a computer (lost it in her divorce) and is contemplating signing and hoping to get a computer down the road. I haven't pressed the issue much with her as I am trying to figure out how this could work for her in the meantime too.

Isn't Pampered chef going to stop using the mail in system and go all computerized? I thought I heard it somewhere but not sure when or where.

I have a new recruit lead who does not have the internet (she did but disconnected- not sure why yet). She can use the computer at the library to get information for Consultants corner.

I thought I might be able to use P3 from my computer, but not sure how to yet. If she uses the library for Consultants Corner, can she still mail in her orders and for how long?

I think the best answer would be puchasing a wireless card and going to the library and using their internet. She could always put her kids in a kids reading group while she is doing PC stuff or use going to starbucks or barnes and noble for PC as an excuse to get away from the kids for an hour or 2! Good luck to her and you!

1. Can I still be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant without internet access?

Absolutely! While having internet access can be helpful for managing your business and connecting with customers, it is not a requirement to be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant. Our business model is based on in-person demonstrations and parties, so you can still build a successful business without relying on the internet.

2. How can I access training and resources without internet?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of training and resources both online and offline. If you do not have access to the internet, you can attend in-person training events and workshops, or contact your upline mentor for printed materials and support. We strive to provide options for all consultants, regardless of their internet access.

3. Can I still receive orders and payments without internet?

Yes, you can still receive and process orders and payments without internet access. Pampered Chef offers a paper order form option for consultants who prefer not to use the online ordering system. You can also accept cash, check, or credit card payments in person at parties and events.

4. Will I miss out on promotions or incentives without internet?

No, you will not miss out on any promotions or incentives due to lack of internet access. All promotions and incentives can be tracked and earned through in-person sales and parties. You can also contact your upline mentor or our customer service team for assistance with tracking your progress and earning rewards.

5. Are there any disadvantages to not having internet as a consultant?

There are no specific disadvantages to not having internet access as a Pampered Chef consultant. However, it may require more effort and creativity to manage your business and connect with customers. It may also limit your access to certain online resources and tools, but there are always alternative options available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Oracle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ted122781
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • dkitten13