• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Laptop, No WiFi: Can P3 Function Without Internet?

In summary, if you have a show and want to take your laptop with you, P3 will work without the internet.
shelly.nurse
I have a show tonight, and would like to take my laptop with me. My laptop is new and is not configured for wifi. Will P3 work without the internet to at least load and calculate orders and host benefits, or does it have to have the internet to function? I am at work so I can't try it out to find out and didn't think of it until just now.

Any advice is appreciated.

No you don't need the internet to use P3 until you're ready to submit!! I LOVE using my lap-top at shows. (cuts down on MY errors!)

I take my laptop to every show. You do not need internet or wifi access to work on P3. It totals everything and works just fine.

Unless you're planning on closing there! I'd make sure you have it loaded and ready to go before your show, as it does take a little bit of time and you DO need in internet connection when you first load the program! I take my laptop to every show, too. I agree, cuts down on my errors, especially when food tax is different than regular sales tax as it is here in WV!

you don't need internet, but make sure you have the host's info in there so that the sales tax calculates for you. You won't be able to look it up without an internet connection.

DebbieJ said:
you don't need internet, but make sure you have the host's info in there so that the sales tax calculates for you. You won't be able to look it up without an internet connection.

This. I set up my show with everything I can before I leave. If I know repeat customers will be there, I'll even enter them as guests, and I'll enter any PWS or outside orders I already have.

When I'm at the show, I'll make sure I have the customer's correct info on their prize slip or order form, and only enter a name in P3 for time's sake. I'll fill all that in later when I get home.

It's great because you don't have to do the math (I always forget to use the separate tax rate for pantry items), and at the end of the show, I can immediately see where the host is for Guest Sales.

I also do exactly like Noora (great minds think alike). It gives me time to chat while I verify the customer care slip (drawing slip), but also speeds along the checkout process as far as needing to enter address/phone, which I can do from home.

Awesome!! Thanks, I will definately take it with me tonight, I have had to "eat" a few dollars here and there in math errors, having P3 with me will definately prevent that.

1. Can I use my P3 without internet connection?

Yes, you can still use your P3 without internet connection. The P3 is a stand-alone device that does not require internet to function.

2. Will I still be able to access all features on my P3 without WiFi?

Yes, you will still have access to all the features on your P3 even without WiFi. The P3 has a built-in database that allows you to access recipes, cooking tips, and more without internet connection.

3. Can I save my recipes on the P3 without internet?

Yes, you can save your favorite recipes on the P3 without internet connection. The P3 has a "Favorites" feature that allows you to save and access your preferred recipes at any time.

4. Do I need internet to update my P3?

No, you do not need internet to update your P3. The P3 can be manually updated using a USB drive, which can be provided by Pampered Chef.

5. Will I still be able to use the P3 for cooking demonstrations without WiFi?

Yes, the P3 can still be used for cooking demonstrations without internet connection. The P3 has a timer, measurement converter, and other helpful features that do not require internet to function.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • itsjustCarla
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • flemings99