• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating an App to Simplify Order Calculations in P3

In summary, the person is looking for a way to calculate shipping and tax for an order in P3. They are not sure if the data is accessible or if Tech Support is willing to help.
KimoMakano
Gold Member
I know this may be a long shot, but here goes.
Since I cannot use my iPad to run P3, I was thinking of building my own simple app that would look be able read in products, descriptions, prices, etc. and then do the calculations for shipping and tax.
This would be something that I could run off of an iPad or smartphone and then transfer it over to P3 (likely manually).
The reason for this is that it would be easier to be able to calculate an order that way than having to pull out a calculator, etc.
Soooo, does anyone know where the data resides in P3, and if it is accessible?
thanks.

Have you called Tech Support to see if they're willing to answer the question? I know someone posted at one point that they're supposedly working on something, but no ETA. If that doesn't work, is it sometihng you could link to the PC website? That has all the data in it.

NooraK said:
Have you called Tech Support to see if they're willing to answer the question? I know someone posted at one point that they're supposedly working on something, but no ETA. If that doesn't work, is it sometihng you could link to the PC website? That has all the data in it.

Thanks NooraK, I thought about that, and thought about it, then thought some more. I feelings are that they wouldn't be that supportive, but I will give it a try.

KimoMakano said:
Thanks NooraK, I thought about that, and thought about it, then thought some more. I feelings are that they wouldn't be that supportive, but I will give it a try.

I go by the theory that if you don't ask, the answer is automatically "no". And if they do say no, you didn't lose out on anything.

If you get it to work, could you make a WebOS compatible phone app, too? :D

Let me know if you get it to work! I want an iPad, but when I called tech support the guy said as far as he knew they weren't working on an app. My 13 year old son suggested that I do what you're suggesting, but I barely can type...much less make an app.

Good luck!!

I'm sure there are a lot of us who would love to have this app. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Well, it pretty much went as I thought it would.
First they kind of gave me a mushy, run-around response.
When I pinned them down they came right out and said it, No.
So, I guess it is sort of back to square one.
If I come up with something, I will let you all know.

Okay this is probably a dumb idea and I don't have an ipad but I always have my own catalog show open so when I'm out & about and someone wants to order on the spot I put it in thru my website with my phone. Then if I need to re-enter the info or add it to another show, I have everything there.

kristina16marie said:
Okay this is probably a dumb idea and I don't have an ipad but I always have my own catalog show open so when I'm out & about and someone wants to order on the spot I put it in thru my website with my phone. Then if I need to re-enter the info or add it to another show, I have everything there.

I have a hard time getting to that section of my website on my phone because of the lack of Flash support. The two sections on the main page that have the ordering link come up as question marks and won't allow me to click. Maybe I should email myself a link to the page where it asks for the host name and save it into my phone's favorites.

1. How can I create an app to simplify order calculations in P3?

Creating an app to simplify order calculations in P3 involves several steps. First, you will need to determine the specific calculations that need to be simplified and the data inputs required. Then, you will need to choose a programming language or platform to develop the app. Once you have a basic understanding of coding, you can start designing and building your app using the chosen platform. Finally, you will need to test and refine the app to ensure it accurately performs the desired calculations.

2. What are some key features to consider when creating an app for order calculations in P3?

When creating an app for order calculations in P3, it is important to consider the user interface and design, data input methods, calculation accuracy, and compatibility with the P3 system. Additionally, it may be beneficial to include features such as error handling, data validation, and the ability to save and retrieve previous calculations.

3. Do I need coding experience to create an app for order calculations in P3?

While having coding experience can be helpful, it is not necessarily required to create an app for order calculations in P3. There are many user-friendly platforms and tools available that allow individuals with little to no coding experience to build apps. However, having a basic understanding of coding principles and logic can greatly aid in the development process.

4. How long does it typically take to create an app for order calculations in P3?

The time it takes to create an app for order calculations in P3 can vary depending on several factors, such as the complexity of the calculations, the chosen platform, and the experience level of the developer. Generally, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months to design, build, and test an app.

5. Can I make updates and improvements to the app after it is created?

Yes, you can make updates and improvements to the app after it is created. In fact, it is recommended to regularly update and improve the app to ensure it remains accurate and effective. This may involve fixing any bugs or errors, adding new features, or enhancing the user interface. It is important to thoroughly test any updates before implementing them to ensure they do not disrupt the functionality of the app.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kmcorpening
  • tys1031
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • NooraK