• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready to help the Girl Scouts through a PC fundraiser?

In summary, BobbyGreat's explanation of how to fundraise for the Girl Scouts through Family Partnership shows that it is possible to do a PC drive without necessarily selling cookies. However, in order to do this, the troop must have participated in the Girl Scout's two previous product sales fundraisers and must ask the council for permission.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
This may open some doors for some of you that might be active with the Girl Scouts. Every year in the fall the Girl Scouts have a drive to raise money for the local council. It's just a "show your appriciation" type of fundraiser. It's called Family Partnership. I contacted our local council and was given approval to hold a PC fundraiser for F.P. Each council covers a large area and is sub divided into neighborhood or small town groups called service units. If any of you could contact your local council and find out what service units are around you, find who is the s.u. chair and go from there.
Good Luck!
Bobby

Great ideal. Thank's for the tip!!! Good luck!!

Thanks for the info, Ive been wanting to dip my feet into fundraising. This may be a good place to start.Does this mean we may start seeing Girl Scouts at our doors selling more than just cookies :p LOL

Girl Scouts won't be able to sell PC, but we can sell it for them to their friends and families and let them get the fundraiser prodceeds.

The Girl scouts are VERRY picky about what they will let troops do for a FR. You can get arround it though especially if you do it kind of like a megga show. Like Bobby said the troop will need to get approval from the SU coordinator. If you are looking for how to get intouch with local SU coordinators go to http://www.girlscouts.org/ it has a council finder tab.

I'm going to have to look into that.

Yeah I suggested this to my sister who is very active in her daughters troop. She said they are only allowed to do 2 fundraisers per year and they are really picky about what they will let them do. They actually got in trouble for one extra one they did. Seems silly to me but, whatever.:rolleyes:

Maybe I can help clarify things a bit (I worked with GS for close to 10 years). The comment about the troops was close to being accurate. DISCLAIMER BEFORE I GO ANY FURTHER--WHAT I'M GOING TO SAY IS BASED ON MY COUNCIL PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL COUNCIL IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH THE GS! --
Now, troops can do additional fundraising BUT ONLY if they have a specific need for the money (ie. a trip) BUT in order to do this they MUST have participated in the two product sale fundraisers (calendars/nuts in Fall & cookies in Spring). ALSO, in order to do the extra fundraising they must ask the council for permission.

Now, having gone through all of that, the event that Chef Bobby mentioned is a Council sponsored function and would fall under completely separate rules. In this case the money that is raised stays in the council to help them create programs for the girls and to run the council, it does not go directly to any troop.

I'm sorry that this is so long but I hope it helps clear up any confusion.

The boy-cub scouts are not as picky as the girl scouts. I have an annual fundraiser with them in the spring that is VERY successful! Good luck

Success is one step out of yout comfort zone.

1. Can we customize the products for our Girl Scout troop?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers customizable products for fundraisers. You can choose from a variety of options such as adding your troop's logo or name to the products or creating a personalized message for your customers.

2. How much profit will our Girl Scout troop receive from the fundraiser?

Your troop will receive 15-25% of the total sales, depending on the products sold. This can add up to a significant amount for your troop's fundraising goals.

3. Is there a minimum order or sales requirement for the fundraiser?

No, there is no minimum order or sales requirement for the fundraiser. You can choose to sell as many or as few products as you like to reach your fundraising goal.

4. How long does the fundraiser last?

The fundraiser lasts for 2 weeks, giving your troop enough time to reach out to potential customers and collect orders. After the 2 weeks, the orders will be processed and shipped directly to your customers.

5. Are there any additional fees or costs for hosting a fundraiser with Pampered Chef?

No, there are no additional fees or costs for hosting a fundraiser with Pampered Chef. We provide all the necessary materials and support for your fundraiser at no extra cost.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Hunter Mom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • HealthNut